Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 127 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

9 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

2 goals in 3-0 win. Farense top of the league. 

Like Shankland he's too good for that league. Next season will be interesting. 

Wasn't he dogshite in the games he managed to play for Hibs and Aves though. Could be a case of too good for that tier, but not his enough for the one above

57 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Wasn't he dogshite in the games he managed to play for Hibs and Aves though. Could be a case of too good for that tier, but not his enough for the one above

I would ignore time at Hibs (five games not enough to judge and had injuries) besides we know from his time at Dundee United he is good enoigh for SPL level. His spell at Aves none of us can judge that.

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

He played 20+ games for Aves in the top division and did well for the most part. 
Aves played a low possession, high aggression, direct game that didn’t suit Gauld. No idea why they signed him.

He had offers to play for top division teams in the summer but chose Farense because he’d done well on loan to them and played a style of football that suits him. 

13 hours ago, McTeeko said:

He was quoted saying he didn’t want to move due to his form, goals, and more importantly keep his place in the Scotland squad. Any possible move down south could’ve jeopardised that if he didn’t hit the ground running at his new club. 

Scotland before money 👍🏼

Aye, I like his attitude. He wants to play football, he wants to score goals , he wants to play for Scotland. This used to be the attitude of most players but it's a wee bit unusual these days.

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Actually think Gauld will probably get caps at some stage yet. 

Look at Fleck. 

I was thinking the same. I watched Fleck a lot at Cov and whilst I liked him I never thought "why's he not in the Scotland squad?" It's still unlikely but best just to let some players make their own way without the spotlight.

Talking of Cov, Rose scored today and looks to be heading to the Championship. Haven't seen him yet but going in a couple of weeks and interested to see him.

43 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

I was thinking the same. I watched Fleck a lot at Cov and whilst I liked him I never thought "why's he not in the Scotland squad?" It's still unlikely but best just to let some players make their own way without the spotlight.

Talking of Cov, Rose scored today and looks to be heading to the Championship. Haven't seen him yet but going in a couple of weeks and interested to see him.

And Fleck is in with a shout of the EPL team of the year this year now. 

1 hour ago, ElChris04 said:

2-0 Southampton 

Armstrong Goal Into an empty net. 

Played very well all game, Comp in the midfield is heating up. 

On current form I would start Armstrong. He’s been a key part of Southampton’s revival in recent weeks and is chipping in with goals now. His ability has never been in doubt.

19 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

I've been keeping tabs on Rose, purely because when he signed a pre contract with Coventry, his manager at Ayr reckoned he'd go on to play for Scotland