Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 124 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

2 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

So, if he’s done ‘reasonably well’ in the English Championship and then the English Premiership, he can’t be a terrible player?

Well I would say he's done well in the championship, but there are heaps of poor players in that league. He's not really done much in the epl so far and I don't believe he will last at a top half epl team in the long run. He's maybe not a terrible player but he's certainly shouldn't be starting upfront for us when griffiths is available.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Well I would say he's done well in the championship, but there are heaps of poor players in that league. He's not really done much in the epl so far and I don't believe he will last at a top half epl team in the long run. He's maybe not a terrible player but he's certainly shouldn't be starting upfront for us when griffiths is available.

..... in your opinion.

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I don't understand what your confused about, Scotland's league performances is not mentioned.

You said ‘his nation.’

I was just confused why you referred to them as ‘his nation’ rather than Scotland?!

They’re our nation as well!

Edited by dohadeer

I would also say Scotland fans have been pretty patient with most of our players who have failed time and again to get us to a major tournament. I could name dozens of poor performers who have been given countless chances to do better. All the Scotland support want is the team to do better than the awful 20 years that we have had.

5 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I am referring to his performances in the nations league tournament we played in that has given us our play off game.

Ah, the Nations League!

Turns out chucking random apostrophes in where they’re not needed DOES make a difference to the meaning after all.

Who’d have thought?! 😉

Just now, dohadeer said:

Ah, the Nations League!

Turns out chucking random apostrophes in where they’re not needed DOES make a difference to the meaning after all.

Who’d have thought?! 😉

I can't be fukked with going  back and changing autocorrect every two seconds. I am willing to bet you are the only one who never understood what I meant with that sentence.

11 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I can't be fukked with going  back and changing autocorrect every two seconds. I am willing to bet you are the only one who never understood what I meant with that sentence.

I did understand it, I was just trying to get you to stop chucking apostrophes in everywhere!

You must have made the mistake a lot, if your autocorrect now wants to put apostrophes in the words Griffiths and Nations!

2 hours ago, dohadeer said:

As mentioned previously, you shouldn’t judge something on a tiny sample size, when you have a larger sample size available.

That would suggest that you’re not being impartial, if you were choosing to use the tiny sample size. (Which the wording of your post does seem to suggest - you sound like you dislike him, so you want to choose the sample which makes him look bad.)

Mate, stop while youre only a marathon behind, youre spouting more pish than the next top ten people on here combined.

2 hours ago, dohadeer said:

Obviously, without checking the actual numbers, I assume that

So you assume something, and thats correct, people watch McBurnie but are not allowed to judge him, as they haven't watched him 1436 times.

Ok, your logic is outstanding.

Youre obviously biased towards McBurnie, and ignore anything against that bias, poor show.

36 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I did understand it, I was just trying to get you to stop chucking apostrophes in everywhere!

You must have made the mistake a lot, if your autocorrect now wants to put apostrophes in the words Griffiths and Nations!

Try and concentrate on making a coherent argument rather than petty spelling mistakes. I don't give a shit if my autocorrect puts apostrophes in and certainly can't be fukked correcting it just so u dont pretend like you don't understand what I say or mean.

44 minutes ago, kumnio said:

So you assume something, and thats correct, people watch McBurnie but are not allowed to judge him, as they haven't watched him 1436 times.

Youre obviously biased towards McBurnie, and ignore anything against that bias, poor show.

I don’t think that’s what I said, is it?

Either you’ve misunderstood me, or you’re claiming that I said something which I didn’t.

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I'm fairly sure he did understand.

Edited by Texas Pete

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

McBurnie has been totally pish for Scotland.

But the suggestion that means he is a rubbish player is wrong, at every club that he has played the majority of people that have watched him rate him quite highly. He is an improving player unlike our other options so sooner or later he probably will get a run of games. I can't see any one coming through and it looks like the Hornby bubble is well and truly burst.

Basically on Scotland form he is a mile worse than Griffiths or Naismith but on current club form he is better than either.

One for Past Mick, ElChris and any other Celtic fans on the forum, is Griffiths any were near the player he was?

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

McBurnie has been totally pish for Scotland.

But the suggestion that means he is a rubbish player is wrong, at every club that he has played the majority of people that have watched him rate him quite highly. He is an improving player unlike our other options so sooner or later he probably will get a run of games. I can't see any one coming through and it looks like the Hornby bubble is well and truly burst.

Basically on Scotland form he is a mile worse than Griffiths or Naismith but on current club form he is better than either.

One for Past Mick, ElChris and any other Celtic fans on the forum, is Griffiths any were near the player he was?

Hornby bubble?

24 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I’m 34.

I didn’t intend to antagonise, just to persuade that poster to stop sticking random apostrophes in the middle of words!

I gathered that from your subsequent posts but there’s a special place in hell reserved for the grammar and punctuation police.