Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 114 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

sounds exactly like the old firm to me or pretty much any of the big six in england, Barca, Real and the other super rich teams are no different too. Strange you pick on man utd

Yeah football has a huge problem with the way that it is completely dominated by a few ‘big’ clubs.

Maybe it’s just the age that I am, that Man Utd were the main example of this as I was growing up, but I’ve always had a really strong dislike for them. There are lots of teams that I dislike for being ‘too big for their boots,’ but Man Utd have always seemed by far and away the worst example of this to me.

6 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Does that matter?

It shouldn’t do, if people are able to post impartially. However, if people’s posts are so biased that you can tell which club team they support, then it’s difficult to take their views seriously, as you have to try and guess how much exaggeration and hyperbole to remove from each of their posts, before you get close to the truth.

3 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

It shouldn’t do, if people are able to post impartially. However, if people’s posts are so biased that you can tell which club team they support, then it’s difficult to take their views seriously, as you have to try and guess how much exaggeration and hyperbole to remove from each of their posts, before you get close to the truth.

It's someone who clearly watched the Celtic game last night and gave a report on how the Scottish players involved played, don't see the problem, but you obviously do so you carry on.

1 hour ago, dohadeer said:

I don’t have a club team - apart from whichever team is playing against Manchester United!

Which team did you think I supported?

The Dark Knight used to say the same thing. It's a funny old world isn't it?

Edited by Texas Pete

2 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Taylor also played well vs Belgium. 

I probably would bench Robertson tbh...mostly so we could have a decent captain on the field. I think that might make a bigger difference than having a world class left back who is usually pish vs a good left back who is always good.

I'm also a bitter cunt and hate weak-cunt no show captains, so that might be influencing my view too. 

Whether Robertson should be captain or not is a another debate. We could strip him of his captaincy and allow him to focus on his game, if you think someone else is up to the task. Who would be your captain?

But, Robertson, at the moment, is by far and away the most gifted player we have. He isn't getting benched. 

I do rate Taylor quite highly as well, he's just unfortunate to be playing in our strongest position. He'd be first choice RB if he played on the other side.

3 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

It's someone who clearly watched the Celtic game last night and gave a report on how the Scottish players involved played, don't see the problem, but you obviously do so you carry on.

I didn’t feel that it was an impartial report, given that - I think - we can tell clearly from it which team they support.

3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

The Dark Knight used to say the same thing. It's a funny old world isn't it?

Give it a rest please.

That’s harassment, following me around the forum, claiming that whatever I say is what that previous member would also have said, implying that I’m a previously-banned member, with multiple accounts.

Completely incorrect, untrue and unfair.

10 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Give it a rest please.

That’s harassment, following me around the forum, claiming that whatever I say is what that previous member would also have said, implying that I’m a previously-banned member, with multiple accounts.

Completely incorrect, untrue and unfair.

You clearly have no sense of humour. 

Quite pathetic really. 

Guest ElChris04
6 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Christie only played 26 mins.

While I don't get the talk about 2 McGregor assists last night, are you sure you aren't meaning previous midweek at Motherwell, he has been excellent these last 2 midweeks. Taylor also has been very good. 

Error on my part, copied and pasted it from my iPhone notes and had wrote last night’s performances with last weeks and copied that in by accident aha, But aye Taylor was also very good. Got a wicked cross on him.

Guest ElChris04
6 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You beat the team that is bottom of the SPL 5-0, get over it.

More importantly how did Souttar and Halkett (both mentioned on her as possible call ups if not starters) get on against decent opposition.

purely letting users know who may be interested how some of our Scottish players Who played got on.

Halklett & Souttar where both terrible. Worth mentioning Naismith was absolutely rank rotten aswell. Souttar is still knee after a fairly lengthy leg injury but still.. nothing promising. 

7 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Error on my part, copied and pasted it from my iPhone notes and had wrote last night’s performances with last weeks and copied that in by accident aha, But aye Taylor was also very good. Got a wicked cross on him.

😂 Makes sense now.

McGregor was good last night but excellent at Motherwell the week before. Great driving run for Griffiths goal and superb finish himself.

Guest ElChris04
2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

😂 Makes sense now.

McGregor was good last night but excellent at Motherwell the week before. Great driving run for Griffiths goal and superb finish himself.

I usually do the same with a lot of things including for my work... thankfully haven’t made the same mistake 😂

but aye he was great that game. I’ll be honest. The 4-5 months it was quite frustrating watching McGregor, he had some good games or at least good moments but wasn’t his usual self in every game.. looks to be finally getting back to himself making big impacts. Makes me wonder who clarke will pick giving our midfield is really getting stacked with players in and returning to form like armstorng,fleck,christe & mcginn & Mctominay potentiality returning 

Edited by ElChris04

10 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

purely letting users know who may be interested how some of our Scottish players Who played got on.

Halklett & Souttar where both terrible. Worth mentioning Naismith was absolutely rank rotten aswell. Souttar is still knee after a fairly lengthy leg injury but still.. nothing promising. 

Apologies, I have asked for Celtic supporters to give their opinion on their Scottish players in the past, I just thought it was a wee bit over the top given the circumstances. 

McGregor back to his best is big news, thanks.

Seeing as we played Tierney as a makeshift right back what are peoples views on trying Taylor there?  He has definite quality so could he be an option, but is he good enough to risk replacing Palmer for the playoffs (not that I think Palmer has done much wrong)

Guest ElChris04
1 hour ago, kwhitelaw said:

Seeing as we played Tierney as a makeshift right back what are peoples views on trying Taylor there?  He has definite quality so could he be an option, but is he good enough to risk replacing Palmer for the playoffs (not that I think Palmer has done much wrong)

Personally wouldn’t risk it. He’s never played there at all so could be huge risk in such a match. The good news is I would say every Game he’s been started he’s impressed. 

I would be more opposed to trying Andy Robertson at right back ( IF it came down to it ) more than any of our left backs purely for the fact he switches between Trent Alexander Arnold at Liverpool every game during periods to cover him and has more experience there than the likes of Tierney and Taylor and most importantly hasn’t ever looked out of place switching at right back at Liverpool .

Guest ElChris04
5 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Apologies, I have asked for Celtic supporters to give their opinion on their Scottish players in the past, I just thought it was a wee bit over the top given the circumstances. 

McGregor back to his best is big news, thanks.

Ah Fair enough then mate. 

think the biggest thing to take away from it. Is Naismith, I know he started for us in games and scored. But my biggest concern is he isn’t looking anything of a goal threat. Even if he’s surrounded with shite It’s worrying. Makes me wonder if his form continues will clarke do what he did with Mulgrew the last set of games, and drop him for the playoffs? Or will he repay him with his loyalty regardless... 

Edited by ElChris04

5 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Ah Fair enough then mate. 

think the biggest thing to take away from it. Is Naismith, I know he started for us in games and scored. But my biggest concern is he isn’t looking anything of a goal threat. Even if he’s surrounded with shite It’s worrying. Makes me wonder if his form continues will clarke do what he did with Mulgrew the last set of games, and drop him for the playoffs? Or will he repay him with his loyalty regardless... 

I think Naismith is worth having in the squad as he always seems to have a knack of getting in good positions. If he, Griff, Shankland & McBurnie were picked I'd say that gives us a good variety of options up top.

12 minutes ago, csinclair said:

I think Naismith is worth having in the squad as he always seems to have a knack of getting in good positions. If he, Griff, Shankland & McBurnie were picked I'd say that gives us a good variety of options up top.

Those will probably be clarkes four strikers, Naismith had a decent game against Kazakhstan so I would be happy with either him or Griffith's up top. 

19 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Personally wouldn’t risk it. He’s never played there at all so could be huge risk in such a match. The good news is I would say every Game he’s been started he’s impressed. 

I would be more opposed to trying Andy Robertson at right back ( IF it came down to it ) more than any of our left backs purely for the fact he switches between Trent Alexander Arnold at Liverpool every game during periods to cover him and has more experience there than the likes of Tierney and Taylor and most importantly hasn’t ever looked out of place switching at right back at Liverpool .

Aye I wouldn't risk it for the play offs either but wondered if it's something that could be experimented on after (whether we qualify or not).

I've also seen Robertson swapping over with Arnold during Liverpool games and the thought also crossed my mind of moving Robertson over too, but then you're risking seriously reducing our best players ability to get forward and supply crosses on his stronger foot.  

The more I think on it the more i'm coming round to to the idea of a back 3 with 2 wing backs (Robertson left and either Forrest or Fraser on the right)

7 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Aye I wouldn't risk it for the play offs either but wondered if it's something that could be experimented on after (whether we qualify or not).

I've also seen Robertson swapping over with Arnold during Liverpool games and the thought also crossed my mind of moving Robertson over too, but then you're risking seriously reducing our best players ability to get forward and supply crosses on his stronger foot.  

The more I think on it the more i'm coming round to to the idea of a back 3 with 2 wing backs (Robertson left and either Forrest or Fraser on the right)

Thankfully, you’re not picking the team!

6 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Thankfully, you’re not picking the team!

😂 Indeed!  Never going to claim I'm an expert.  So are you not a fan of a back 3 or just the players I mention for right wing back (which are decidedly dodgy I'll admit but our choices are limited)?