Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 113 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

Guest ElChris04

Callum McGregor was unreal last night. 2 assists and a goal, completely untouchable. 

Griffiths didn’t grab a goal either but his link up play was brilliant.

Forrest & Christie where also quality throughout. 

a ton of positives to take away from last night.

You must have had more drink than me yesterday if you seen McGregor assist 2 goals. He didn't take either corner that lead to goals. Ntchams goal came from a saved Edouard shot, and Taylor crossed it in for Christie's goal.

Taylor got 2 assists if that helps you out.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

You must have had more drink than me yesterday if you seen McGregor assist 2 goals. He didn't take either corner that lead to goals. Ntchams goal came from a saved Edouard shot, and Taylor crossed it in for Christie's goal.

Taylor got 2 assists if that helps you out.

Taylor played very well last night.

2 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Callum McGregor was unreal last night. 2 assists and a goal, completely untouchable. 

You beat the team that is bottom of the SPL 5-0, get over it.

More importantly how did Souttar and Halkett (both mentioned on her as possible call ups if not starters) get on against decent opposition.

2 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Christie only played 26 mins.

While I don't get the talk about 2 McGregor assists last night, are you sure you aren't meaning previous midweek at Motherwell, he has been excellent these last 2 midweeks. Taylor also has been very good. 

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You beat the team that is bottom of the SPL 5-0, get over it.

More importantly how did Souttar and Halkett (both mentioned on her as possible call ups if not starters) get on against decent opposition.

Between them they probably stopped another couple of goals but, like the rest of the Hearts side, they were pretty poor.

Just now, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Christie only played 26 mins.

While I don't get the talk about 2 McGregor assists last night, are you sure you aren't meaning previous midweek at Motherwell, he has been excellent these last 2 midweeks. Taylor also has been very good. 

Mcgregor seems to have found his good form again? I thoight his standards had dropped in his last scotland match.

Whats your thoughts?

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Mcgregor seems to have found his good form again? I thoight his standards had dropped in his last scotland match.

Whats your thoughts?

Definitely. The break in Dubai seems to have done him the world of good. And it was also good to see Lennon give him another break v Clyde at the weekend. He is obviously a fit lad to have played the amount of football he has been playing but even with natural fitness he has to get a wee bit time off. He looks sharp and "buzzy" again, the break came at the right time for him.

Christie is probably more of a concern from a Scotland POV. He can't dislodge Ntcham from the number 10 role at the moment. He's getting game time but its mainly off the bench. He started v Clyde but benched again last night.

Taylor finally nailed down the LB slot, thankfully, and Griffiths will always play as long as Lennon plays 3-5-2. 

20 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If Clarke wants to show that he has the capability of sorting out the "no show" culture amongst our players, he should start with Taylor at left back. Robertson on the bench, if he's available.

You think we should bench our only World Class player and Captain in favour of a guy who has played half a dozen games for Celtic? The message that would send would not be one of punishing the "no shows".

Edited by Tartan blood

3 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

I wonder which club team you support.

15 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wonder what team you support dohadear.

Hope you enjoyed last night.

I don’t have a club team - apart from whichever team is playing against Manchester United!

Which team did you think I supported?

Edited by dohadeer
My grammar was appalling

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Definitely. The break in Dubai seems to have done him the world of good. And it was also good to see Lennon give him another break v Clyde at the weekend. He is obviously a fit lad to have played the amount of football he has been playing but even with natural fitness he has to get a wee bit time off. He looks sharp and "buzzy" again, the break came at the right time for him.

Christie is probably more of a concern from a Scotland POV. He can't dislodge Ntcham from the number 10 role at the moment. He's getting game time but its mainly off the bench. He started v Clyde but benched again last night.

Taylor finally nailed down the LB slot, thankfully, and Griffiths will always play as long as Lennon plays 3-5-2. 

Armstring could fill the 10 role IMO. Ideally we would have 3 from christie, mcginn, armstrong and fraser behind the lone striker.

Just now, dohadeer said:

Way too big a club. Way too many supporters from nowhere near Manchester. Way too much media bias towards them - Sky Sports is more like Man Utd TV.

sounds exactly like the old firm to me or pretty much any of the big six in england, Barca, Real and the other super rich teams are no different too. Strange you pick on man utd

1 hour ago, Tartan blood said:

You think we should bench our only World Class player and Captain in favour of a guy who has played half a dozen games for Celtic? The message that would send would not be one of punishing the "no shows".

Taylor also played well vs Belgium. 

I probably would bench Robertson tbh...mostly so we could have a decent captain on the field. I think that might make a bigger difference than having a world class left back who is usually pish vs a good left back who is always good.

I'm also a bitter cunt and hate weak-cunt no show captains, so that might be influencing my view too.