Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 108 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

35 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He would be half right, just take out weird andnhes spot on 😜

I stand corrected, i was thinking scotland players at the time.

My point still stands. We have a premier league footballer player playing well week in week out but he he cant be arsed with scotland, same goes for macarthur. 

I wish the press and sfa wouldnt give these guys such an easy ride when they retire but then that would require a scottish press and sfa that gives a shit

Completely true.

Itll be down to money and getting a better contract from their clubs if they sack international football. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

My point still stands. We have a premier league footballer player playing well week in week out but he he cant be arsed with scotland, same goes for macarthur. 

I wish the press and sfa wouldnt give these guys such an easy ride when they retire but then that would require a scottish press and sfa that gives a shit

Didn't Snodgrass have a lot of family problems to deal with?

I'm not sure making the press vilify people upon retirement will entice people to play for the national team. 

He was also 32 when retired and at least explained his pride in playing for Scotland and why he was going

Screenshot_20200202-104458_Chrome.jpg

17 hours ago, todd said:

Probably been mentioned before but i just noticed that Gauld has been captain for Farense in their last 2 games.  Must be held in pretty high regard with them.

Unfortunately, that doesn't really excited me. Doubt we'll ever see Gauld in a Scotland shirt. 

See Harper is setting the heather on fire in the Spanish second division. 0 goals in 13 apps, and not been in the squad since the end of November

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Unfortunately, that doesn't really excited me. Doubt we'll ever see Gauld in a Scotland shirt. 

See Harper is setting the heather on fire in the Spanish second division. 0 goals in 13 apps, and not been in the squad since the end of November

Liam Henderson hasn't started a game in Italy since September,Fraser Hornby has barely started a game recently for a rubbish team in the poor Belgium league and who is David Bates?

We don't half get over excited about any one who pops over the channel.

Burke might come good though.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

57 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Stephen Welsh is Scottish. 20 year old. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about him. 

Only this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-stephen-welsh-celtic-youngster-21414230.amp

He was in the bench last week. According to this report Celtic want him playing CB but Morton played him RB. It's not an immediate fix but at least the future has more possibilities on the right side. Would really like Rangers to give Patterson some time (or maybe just play some Scots)

Just now, SkyBlueScot said:

Only this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-stephen-welsh-celtic-youngster-21414230.amp

He was in the bench last week. According to this report Celtic want him playing CB but Morton played him RB. It's not an immediate fix but at least the future has more possibilities on the right side. Would really like Rangers to give Patterson some time (or maybe just play some Scots)

Thanks pal. He is actually playing g quite well today..

3 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Didn't Snodgrass have a lot of family problems to deal with?

I'm not sure making the press vilify people upon retirement will entice people to play for the national team. 

He was also 32 when retired and at least explained his pride in playing for Scotland and why he was going

Screenshot_20200202-104458_Chrome.jpg

Depends whether you believe snodgrass. Id be willing to bet its because he cant be bothered

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Stephen Welsh is Scottish. 20 year old. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about him. 

He has been at Morton this season but was recalled last week.

I'm not sure if there are any Morton fans on here that can tell us how he has been getting on. 

Guest ElChris04

McGregor played his best game of the season tonight. Was brilliant from start to finish. Griffiths excellent tonight aswell. Really positive to see for the upcoming playoffs. 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Don't know if I'd include him in a 23 man squad at present but going by recent interviews, I'm impressed with Callum Paterson's attitude. Playing for Scotland means a hell of a lot to him.

Pity Ryan Fraser doesn't have the same attitude.

I was starting to wonder if there was a problem in his desire to play for us after his injury in San Marino or if Clarke was using him as a scapegoat for  Kazakhstan. 

Either way I would say he is a squad must if not just for right back cover. He might not be the best right back in the world, but he hasn't done that badly for us there. If any one knows our second choice right back is let me know.

At least Liam Palmer is fit again and played at the weekend 

Hearts defence last night was pretty poor, both Souter and Halkett posted missing for Killie goals ( and other chances ). The goalie didn't really help.  Halkett sort of redeemed himself with great technique for his consolation goal.

IMO Findley was by far the best Scottish defender on display at Tynie last night.