Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 102 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

On 1/23/2020 at 12:53 AM, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

McCrorie apparently had a good game, Holt was full of praise for him. Not an option yet (just 1 game) but if he transfers his championship form, to the premiership untill the play offs, surely he could be a shout for a squad place (not talking about starting fyi). Especially when the only first choice keepers seem to be Kelly and the lad at Portsmouth

Unfortunately  neither Kelly nor MacGillvary are first choice at present.

34 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Hanley scores for Norwich 

Griffiths subbed off for Edouard who scores twice in 5 minutes 

I’m beginning to think Hanley should be given a start against Israel. I think a good home win with an ecstatic crowd at full time could do wonders for players heads. Full of confidence going into a tough final. 

32 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I’m beginning to think Hanley should be given a start against Israel. I think a good home win with an ecstatic crowd at full time could do wonders for players heads. Full of confidence going into a tough final. 

I agree, our centre half option are all shit though so it's a case of picking the one playing at the highest level for me now

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I agree, our centre half option are all shit though so it's a case of picking the one playing at the highest level for me now

Tom McIntyre seems to be a regular starter for Reading this season, although he got sent off today.

Given our lack of other options, I'm surprised he's not being talked about as someone who could step up from the 21s

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Tom McIntyre seems to be a regular starter for Reading this season, although he got sent off today.

Given our lack of other options, I'm surprised he's not being talked about as someone who could step up from the 21s

Only three league games

Much more interested in Liam LInsday who appears to have cemented his place in the Stoke team that has achieved three clean sheets in a row.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/293388/liam-lindsay

Edited by ceudmilefailte

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Only three league games

Much more interested in Liam LInsday who appears to have cemented his place in the Stoke team that has achieved three clean sheets in a row.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/293388/liam-lindsay

Tbh, when I've checked - which obviously isn't that often - he seems to starting.   He'll play centre back for us at some point though. 

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Read a couple of threads on the Stoke forum and they just cant get enough of Micheal O'Neil, if only the SFA had met his demands

I'm not really fussed about him. A few stoke fans wont change my mind. They'll be calling for his head in six months as is the norm in english football

34 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Unfortunately Gilmour is not a centre half and that is where we have had a problems for a very long time.  Although McIntyre got sent off today the BBC reporter was raving about his performance unit his second yellow car

We have better players than them. McKenna, Hanley and Gallagher may not be top class but they are still decent enough.

Who cares that Tom mcintyre got a second yellow, seriously! Clutching at straws?

On the flip side we have this blatantly obvious exceptional talent on the horizon and we'd rather talk about guys playing at Reading and Stoke. 

A midfield of gilmour and mctominay with options further forward of mcginn, Christie, Armstrong, Fraser and forrest is pretty exciting 

1 hour ago, gonzohiggy said:

Folk on here debating two pretty average defenders in Liam Lindsay and Tom McIntyre and completely glossing over the fact we have an absolutely outstanding 18 year old who played and excelled today for Chelsea 😒

A generational talent, who we are so fortunate to have!

Best player on the pitch for the time he was on according to Lampard today 

16 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Best player on the pitch for the time he was on according to Lampard today 

He was really good. Unbelievably composed. Lacks stature but makes up for it in technique and tenacity. 

People have said he should go to championship on loan but he's ready for a top league now. 

We have better players than them. McKenna, Hanley and Gallagher may not be top class but they are still decent enough.

Who cares that Tom mcintyre got a second yellow, seriously! Clutching at straws?

On the flip side we have this blatantly obvious exceptional talent on the horizon and we'd rather talk about guys playing at Reading and Stoke. 

A midfield of gilmour and mctominay with options further forward of mcginn, Christie, Armstrong, Fraser and forrest is pretty exciting 

Missed out Fleck! 

Not really when there's feck all in front of them and absolutely nothing in defence or in goals. Sorry to be so glass half-empty but it's true.  :(

Best midfield options we've had in a long time but we don't have problem areas  - we've got crisis ones.

2 hours ago, daviebee said:

Not really when there's feck all in front of them and absolutely nothing in defence or in goals. Sorry to be so glass half-empty but it's true.  :(

Best midfield options we've had in a long time but we don't have problem areas  - we've got crisis ones.

Exactly.  We've got a decent midfield - that has the potential to get better.-  and a couple of very good left backs.  

On the other hand, we're reliant on a goalkeeper in his mid 30s, who's been third choice for us for most of his career and we're praying that he can continue to play for as long as possible because we've no other options.   

Other than the two very good players we have at left back, we have no-one else who is of the level of quality required to play International football if defence.

And then there's up front, where the saviour is a guy who has well documented problems and - two goals against England aside - hasn't exactly set the heather on fire.   Still one day, one day, Jordan Rhodes may come good and there's always Stephen Fletcher - if we need a win against Gibraltar. 

But let's not talk about any of this. 

Edited by aaid

12 hours ago, aaid said:

Hes only had 3 starts with 1 sub appearance this season. They've played 28 games this season. Hes not what I'd call a regular starter and reading are an average championship side. 

Most of the Reading fans I know rate him but at this point I cant see him being any better than Hanley or cooper, both of whom.are playing at a higher level. 

Ig McIntyre steps up the rest of season and gets a move to a bigger club he will automatically be on the radar because we have nobody else at CB.

6 hours ago, aaid said:

Exactly.  We've got a decent midfield - that has the potential to get better.-  and a couple of very good left backs.  

On the other hand, we're reliant on a goalkeeper in his mid 30s, who's been third choice for us for most of his career and we're praying that he can continue to play for as long as possible because we've no other options.   

Other than the two very good players we have at left back, we have no-one else who is of the level of quality required to play International football if defence.

And then there's up front, where the saviour is a guy who has well documented problems and - two goals against England aside - hasn't exactly set the heather on fire.   Still one day, one day, Jordan Rhodes may come good and there's always Stephen Fletcher - if we need a win against Gibraltar. 

But let's not talk about any of this. 

Everyone has  talked about this plenty on here

It's time to let marshal go and give Kelly at QpR or even mcrorie a chance. 

I think Rhodes and fletcher are done with scotland. Rhodes because hes out of form and ageing. Fletcher because hes an utter wank who doesnt care about scotland.  He is happy being the big dick and nobody club like sheffield fucking wednesday.