Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 101 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

17 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Good to hear some players getting in to form, fingers crossed also that McGinn, McTominey and Tierney will be back too.

I am pretty certain we wont see McGinn or McTominay - their injuries are long term from what I read.  Tierney might be back training but will be far short of match fitness, possibly in the squad but I would doubt even that.  It is great to see we have some other players on form and riding a great wave of confidence, lets hope that continues, we need to see a striker get into some good form also.  I read that Leeds are rumored to be after Griffiths , he needs to be playing. 

56 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I am pretty certain we wont see McGinn or McTominay - their injuries are long term from what I read.  Tierney might be back training but will be far short of match fitness, possibly in the squad but I would doubt even that.  It is great to see we have some other players on form and riding a great wave of confidence, lets hope that continues, we need to see a striker get into some good form also.  I read that Leeds are rumored to be after Griffiths , he needs to be playing. 

Mctominay should be back in middle of February 

48 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Mctominay should be back in middle of February 

Knee ligament damage, fingers crossed he gets back to full fitness by March, I'll be honest when I learned McGinn, McTominay and Christie all where crocked I felt there so too went our best chances of making the EURO's.

6 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Knee ligament damage, fingers crossed he gets back to full fitness by March, I'll be honest when I learned McGinn, McTominay and Christie all where crocked I felt there so too went our best chances of making the EURO's.

Sadly, due to our relatively small pool of players, a few injuries can have devastating effects on our quality. As we saw against Kazakhstan, when a handful of drop-outs effectively turned us into minnows. 

Saying that, I do think we have more quality back-up than we've had in a generation. And if we were ever able to overcome this injury tragedy, now is the time. (As long as it's not our CBs)

31 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

Sadly, due to our relatively small pool of players, a few injuries can have devastating effects on our quality. As we saw against Kazakhstan, when a handful of drop-outs effectively turned us into minnows. 

Saying that, I do think we have more quality back-up than we've had in a generation. And if we were ever able to overcome this injury tragedy, now is the time. (As long as it's not our CBs)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Elliott_(footballer)

Speaking of Center back,think ive just discoverd a Scottish lad playing in the MLS called Jack Elliott playing for the Philadelphiai Union 

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Just watching Sunday's Sportscene and impressed with appere's cameo against Hibs. What's his background? He's never featured for scotland's youth teams I think and Wikipedia has his full name as Louis Bobo George P. Appéré!

He’s a Fifer 😂😂🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Griffiths scores & clean sheets for McCrorie on his Livvy debut

McCrorie apparently had a good game, Holt was full of praise for him. Not an option yet (just 1 game) but if he transfers his championship form, to the premiership untill the play offs, surely he could be a shout for a squad place (not talking about starting fyi). Especially when the only first choice keepers seem to be Kelly and the lad at Portsmouth

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

A goal and an assist for Griffiths. But more than that, he was heavily involved in a lot of Celtic's attacks. He may be out of practise, but he is evidently not shy of the ball. Fingers crossed it continues and we have him as an option for the playoffs.

He's a player that, even if he is having a bad game, he can still end up with an assist or a goal out of nothing. 

21 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

A goal and an assist for Griffiths. But more than that, he was heavily involved in a lot of Celtic's attacks. He may be out of practise, but he is evidently not shy of the ball. Fingers crossed it continues and we have him as an option for the playoffs.

He's a player that, even if he is having a bad game, he can still end up with an assist or a goal out of nothing. 

Aye, his link up play within the opposition half was pretty good in places. Obviously should get better as he gets more game time, but the signs are good. Timing couldn't have been much better for Scotland.

10 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

He’s hands down the striker for the play offs if he’s even playing semi regular. 

On 1/23/2020 at 5:12 AM, Tartan blood said:

This is the reason Griffiths is our best striker if he is fit. He has a cockiness about him. A wido-type head. I’d rather someone up top who fancies himself a bit than a timid, shy player. 

13 hours ago, WCTA said:

This is the reason Griffiths is our best striker if he is fit. He has a cockiness about him. A wido-type head. I’d rather someone up top who fancies himself a bit than a timid, shy player. 

He's not afraid to shoot against anyone. Where as we've had strikers in the past who go games without taking a single shot. We need courage as well as ability. He has both.

I love Naismith's movement and tenacity, he just doesn't have the natural ability to finish the way that Griffiths can. 

4 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

He's not afraid to shoot against anyone. Where as we've had strikers in the past who go games without taking a single shot. We need courage as well as ability. He has both.

I love Naismith's movement and tenacity, he just doesn't have the natural ability to finish the way that Griffiths can. 

Aye. Though i think we should go with Naismith in games against teams where we see less of the ball. He's better at holding up the ball, winning fouls, and moaning at the ref.

Griff at home to Israel, then Naismith if we make it to Oslo/Belgrade.