Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 98 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

Armstrong looks from highlights to be playing wide right.  He's a clever player, uses space well and drives a team forward. Can play in middle, wide and number 10.  Having him fully match fit is a big deal for the team. Could replace McGinn at number 10 or Christie right mid if one/both injured.

Was reading some comments today by Derek Mcinnes that McKenna has been "different class" (or something similar) in the past month or so. Has he? 

Everytime I've seen him for Aberdeen he's looked all over the place. I really hope he is back on track because he's not looked the player we were hoping for.

9 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Was reading some comments today by Derek Mcinnes that McKenna has been "different class" (or something similar) in the past month or so. Has he? 

Everytime I've seen him for Aberdeen he's looked all over the place. I really hope he is back on track because he's not looked the player we were hoping for.

Clearly trying to big him up for a transfer.

He’s bang average and Aberdeen missed out on their chance to sell him 18 months ago. 

Not surprised you did; he got injured on the first league day of the season back in August. If he’s properly match fit by the play-offs, it would be between Souttar and Declan Gallacher for the right-sided CH position imo. Gallacher impressed me against Cyprus and Kazakhstan.

Tavernier out for 3 weeks. There's a decent chance Nathan Patterson could get some game time. He started our recent friendly and was probably the best player. Very, very reminiscent of Hutton in his him pomp. Positionally a bit to go but looks ready for man's football. We have 6 games in that 3 week period, I can see him starting a few as Flannigan isn't the kind of fullback that works in our system, he's too limited and defensive. 

Kai Kennedy and James Maxwell played in it aswell, Mebude would have but he was ill. Maxwell was a bit nervous at first but came on to a game and looks promising (I don't think he is ready for first team football yet) , sadly he is another LB. Kennedy wasn't involved much and I can't really pass judgement. Mebude's illness came at the worst time, could've been a great way to stake a claim to back up Defoe while Morelos is suspended. Instead Greg Stewart will probably be his back up.

Keep an eye on McPake, since coming back from his failed loan at Dundee, he has been hitting the gym while injured. He has bulked up and looks a tank. 

With a lot of bloat leaving this window, we hopefully could see some given a chance now and then. Also worth baring in mind the majority of our promising young players are 17/18. The older ones mccrorie's, Kelly, Barjonas, Middleton and mayo are all out on loan.

Just need to punt Barker now, useless wet wipe that he is.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

Guest ElChris04

Scott Robertson scored the only goal in a 1-0 win against Chelsea’s U23’s, defensive midfielder with a cracking long shot on him. Lennon was heaps of praise for him aswell after the game. He’s outshining the likes of karamoko dembele, still only 18, can only be a good thing for us and Scotland. 

Edited by ElChris04

15 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Tavernier out for 3 weeks. There's a decent chance Nathan Patterson could get some game time. He started our recent friendly and was probably the best player. Very, very reminiscent of Hutton in his him pomp. Positionally a bit to go but looks ready for man's football. We have 6 games in that 3 week period, I can see him starting a few as Flannigan isn't the kind of fullback that works in our system, he's too limited and defensive. 

Kai Kennedy and James Maxwell played in it aswell, Mebude would have but he was ill. Maxwell was a bit nervous at first but came on to a game and looks promising (I don't think he is ready for first team football yet) , sadly he is another LB. Kennedy wasn't involved much and I can't really pass judgement. Mebude's illness came at the worst time, could've been a great way to stake a claim to back up Defoe while Morelos is suspended. Instead Greg Stewart will probably be his back up.

Keep an eye on McPake, since coming back from his failed loan at Dundee, he has been hitting the gym while injured. He has bulked up and looks a tank. 

With a lot of bloat leaving this window, we hopefully could see some given a chance now and then. Also worth baring in mind the majority of our promising young players are 17/18. The older ones mccrorie's, Kelly, Barjonas, Middleton and mayo are all out on loan.

I'd be amazed if any of those lads get a sniff at rangers. To many mentals in the rangers support to appease and diddy trophies to win against horse shit, than risk playing youth players.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:37 AM, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Would rather it was Stewart as back up or to start, he has been decent the odd appearance we have seen him.  I thought Mccrorie was back with us now?  Might be wrong but I thought his injury forced him back early.

2 hours ago, Emoji said:

Would rather it was Stewart as back up or to start, he has been decent the odd appearance we have seen him.  I thought Mccrorie was back with us now?  Might be wrong but I thought his injury forced him back early.

Ross McCrorie recently went back to Rangers to train with the team for a few days but has now returned to Portsmouth. He'll be there for the rest of the season.

5 hours ago, syecosse said:

Patterson starts, kennedy and Mayo on the bench.

He did well, I gave up on the game when premier sports lost their coverage in the second half. I know Kennedy came on but I couldn't tell you how he played, as the game went down before he came on.

I hope Patterson starts a few in the league, not a fan of Flannigan. Flannigan's limited offensively and is on a decent wage.

Patterson while far from the finished article, is what Rangers look for in a fullback. Energetic, great engine and good with the ball at his feet. He only turned 18 in October, so plenty of developing left. Hope he kicks on.

Guest ElChris04

Been watching the Leeds vs QPR game

Leeds got done by a blatant hand ball goal ( controlled by the players arm ) 

bar that 

- Liam Cooper has been solid so far and hasn’t put a foot wrong. 

- Todd Kane defensively looks so much better than Palmer and SOD. Worth a call up? 

- Liam Kelly, having the game of his qpr career so far. Made some class saves and his distribution has been very decent 

Guest ElChris04

Liam Kelly penalty save and some class saves that seal the game 1-0 and gets Kelly MOTM. 

best performance he’s put in for qpr... hopefully the form continues to the playoffs

Edited by ElChris04

23 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Is he not English?

I've known he was eligible for awhile.but i thaough it was just a grandparent, but aparently his dad Scottish.

Cant say ive seen him play much, so dont know if he be a improvment on what we got.

Edited by bookerman