Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 96 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

Guest ElChris04

Looking at it this way fleck is in huge form. He knows McBurnie as a player and could help in unlocking find his form in a Scotland jersey. On form fleck should definitely be considered to be in the starting 11. Just a merit at how stacked our midfield is. 

As injuries stand right now aswell as form here’s the team I would look to Start come March. 

MacGillivray

Palmer-Hanley-Cooper-Robertson

Armstrong-Jack-Fleck

Forrest-McBurnie-Fraser

i expect to get pelters for having Hanley in, but if you take a closer looks he’s been in very decent enough form since his return to the Norwich from injury. he’s also the captain and him and cooper in defence (both captains in the dressing room of there clubs with proven leadership qualities) is the backbone we’re missing in defence.

Armstrong has been unbelievable for Southampton and fans are calling him the revelation in midfield they have been missing. Fleck has been absolutely phenomenal for Sheffield Utd. As a Celtic fan I’ve watched McGregor every week and he hasn’t looked his usual self in ages. He needs a rest and form wise fleck and armstrong have been better.

I genuinely don’t see the fuss with McKenna, he’s regressed the last 2 seasons at club level and been pretty poor for Scotland. I rate guys such as Soutter and Findlay but as it stands they both are injured. Gallagher is a very decent option too. And Porteous is one for the future but for me right now he’s reckless and a liability. Hanley is getting back from injury and looked good, Norwich where unlucky not to win today. But anyway for me its the best pairing with our best CB Cooper for the playoffs. As it stands right now.

I basically predicted this gilmour situation a few months ago, ppl got excited because of a few Chelsea first team appearances and suddenly he's too good til go out on loan to a championship side according to some on here. He's played very little first team football for Chelsea and would benefit greatly by going out on loan to a decent championship side. Hes very weak physically for the epl and needs to bulk up and become stronger. Still he's a brilliant talent and should make it eventually.

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I basically predicted this gilmour situation a few months ago, ppl got excited because of a few Chelsea first team appearances and suddenly he's too good til go out on loan to a championship side according to some on here. He's played very little first team football for Chelsea and would benefit greatly by going out on loan to a decent championship side. Hes very weak physically for the epl and needs to bulk up and become stronger. Still he's a brilliant talent and should make it eventually.

Chelsea have seen their ban on transfers lifted too. Probably better for gilmour if he gets a loan now or jumps ship asap

30 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

What a willy

30 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Nobody said he was too good for the championship. 

Everyone with sense said if he’s in and around the squad then he shouldn’t go out on loan and Chelsea wouldn’t be letting him, especially with their transfer ban.

Dont think you predicted anything at all really. 

15 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Nobody said he was too good for the championship. 

Everyone with sense said if he’s in and around the squad then he shouldn’t go out on loan and Chelsea wouldn’t be letting him, especially with their transfer ban.

Dont think you predicted anything at all really. 

There's was a few on here who thought he was too good til go out on loan til the championship based on 6 mins in the epl. He needs to play football and not be made out to be the next Messiah by ppl on here. It was obvious he was only going to get a few mins here and there,if even that.  

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

There's was a few on here who thought he was too good til go out on loan til the championship based on 6 mins in the epl. He needs to play football and not be made out to be the next Messiah by ppl on here. It was obvious he was only going to get a few mins here and there,if even that.  

I can’t remember anyone saying he was too good to go on loan. 

I remember many people agreeing he shouldn’t while he was part of the first team squad and certainly not till January when their ban gets lifted. 

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

I can’t remember anyone saying he was too good to go on loan. 

I remember many people agreeing he shouldn’t while he was part of the first team squad and certainly not till January when their ban gets lifted. 

Not that it matters but a couple of ppl on here insisted he was too good for loan moves, they probably don't understand the modern game and how Chelsea work. It's clear Chelsea were hampered by that transfer ban but even still it's still a silly notion that gilmour is too good for any lower level of football.

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Chelsea have seen their ban on transfers lifted too. Probably better for gilmour if he gets a loan now or jumps ship asap

I think he's got a good chance in the medium term of breaking through but a loan will be the right thing for his development, certainly next season, if not in this window.    A permanent move somewhere would be a big mistake.

https://theathletic.com/1508679/2020/01/05/its-about-the-small-details-the-bigger-stuff-comes-anyway-how-robby-mccrorie-is-plotting-to-be-rangers-no-1?source=shared-article

He really needs a Premiership loan next season and probably should have gotten one this season. We seem to like loaning to the championship as it lets the players train with us 1/2 times a week.

A very promising goalkeeper and someone I have really high hopes for. By far Rangers most promising young goalkeeper, we let Liam Kelly leave to livi as McCrorie was more promising and had a much higher ceiling. I think another loan to a higher level next season will happen. Hopefully the season after he returns and challenges McGregor for number 1. They seem to be trying to follow a similar development path with McCrorie like they did with McGregor. With McGregor stepping down to number 2 as McCrorie turns 23/24. Hopefully it works but even it doesn't, I can see McCrorie leaving Rangers and having a very good career. 

11 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

https://theathletic.com/1508679/2020/01/05/its-about-the-small-details-the-bigger-stuff-comes-anyway-how-robby-mccrorie-is-plotting-to-be-rangers-no-1?source=shared-article

He really needs a Premiership loan next season and probably should have gotten one this season. We seem to like loaning to the championship as it lets the players train with us 1/2 times a week.

A very promising goalkeeper and someone I have really high hopes for. By far Rangers most promising young goalkeeper, we let Liam Kelly leave to livi as McCrorie was more promising and had a much higher ceiling. I think another loan to a higher level next season will happen. Hopefully the season after he returns and challenges McGregor for number 1. They seem to be trying to follow a similar development path with McCrorie like they did with McGregor. With McGregor stepping down to number 2 as McCrorie turns 23/24. Hopefully it works but even it doesn't, I can see McCrorie leaving Rangers and having a very good career. 

Look at how McGregor turned out after he went on loan to Dunfermline and then Saints. We had him for quite a while. He was excellent for us. Probably because the birds are rank in Perth and it made him put his efforts intae the fitba’ right enough.