Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 95 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Good to see that Zander Clark is getting back into his old form. Another much needed goalkeeper to consider. 

I was going to ask, are their no decent Scottish keepers in the SPL nowadays bar the obvious ones at Celtic?

He's in form so should be in the squad as one of the squad options at least.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Personally I would go with jack, mctominay and McGinn as my first choice central three.  If brown is available I would play him.

:lol:

Not exactly keeping up with current events are you ?

One of those players has retired and doesn't want to play for us again unless we qualify (he can fuck right off)

Another two are highly likely to be out injured for the next game.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

:lol:

Not exactly keeping up with current events are you ?

One of those players has retired and doesn't want to play for us again unless we qualify (he can fuck right off)

Another two are highly likely to be out injured for the next game.

Personally I'd go for souness lambert and bremner

41 minutes ago, Jmcq said:

Watching bardsley tonight and played very well. What actually happened with him. Did he retire or say he didn't want to play. Or just not picked. Could of been on 50+ caps by mow

Nothing was ever said publicly but there was a lot of talk that Strachan considered Bardsley's attitude to be terrible and so he dropped him for good. 

7 hours ago, GraemeTA said:

Is billy gilmour injured? No seen him in a chelsea squad for a bit, a know he was only gettin a wee sniff here and there but he was making plenty matchday squads but no seen him in any lately.

Wouldnt be surprised if they've  just put him on an extensive gym programme and left him out completely untill he gains upper body strength. No doubt about his talent but he's far too lightweight for PL.

30 minutes ago, JECK said:

Wouldnt be surprised if they've  just put him on an extensive gym programme and left him out completely untill he gains upper body strength. No doubt about his talent but he's far too lightweight for PL.

Loan move somewhere would be a good move. He's had games here and there so regular football would push him on to compete for regular squad place next season if Lampard is still there.

Chelsea loan lots of their young players to Vitesse Arnham. Mason Mount went there and it really helped his career. Different club but Martin Odegaard also benefited massively from his year in Holland so that could be one move to watch in the window.

On 12/29/2019 at 3:56 PM, GraemeTA said:

Is billy gilmour injured? No seen him in a chelsea squad for a bit, a know he was only gettin a wee sniff here and there but he was making plenty matchday squads but no seen him in any lately.

Gilmour back playing for the Development Squad.  I wouldn't read too much into that, it's probably where he should be right now.   The main reason that he had a spell in the first team squad was that a few regular midfielders were missing Kante and Jorginho in particular and now they're back there's no space for him.   The fact that they weren't worried about his ability to step up in the first place is a huge positive though.

Will be interesting to see if he goes out on loan in the window.

4 hours ago, jamboman said:

Very worried we dont have any keepers playing. Marshall, bain and gordon not playing

Mclaughlin is the only one playing

There are also Craig MacGillivray and Zander Clark playing regularly. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them gets capped in the one or two friendlies we arrange this year.