Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 92 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

2 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Yeah reckon he's made his mind up. End of the day there's nothing stopping clarke from picking him for the play offs. 

Do you believe everything you read in the Daily Record then ? 

There's a giant difference between what you "reckon" and what you actually know. Dykes has offered nothing but hazy answers. He's not fully committed.

Dykes will play for whoever calls him up first. And if Australia and Scotland name him in their squads at the same time he will pick Australia.

Guest ElChris04

2-1 for Celtic today. 

Forrest completely ineffective on the left. Ryan Christie so much better since he’s been put in the middle after being ineffective on the right. And Callum McGregor not really offering much,

overall though Forrest just is so much better in his actual position on the right. Same with Christie in the CAM role. 

Maybe something Clarke will be worth considering to accommodate Fraser,Forrest,Christie in the same team for the playoffs 

Edited by ElChris04

36 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

2-1 for Celtic today. 

Forrest completely ineffective on the left. Ryan Christie so much better since he’s been put in the middle after being ineffective on the right. And Callum McGregor not really offering much,

overall though Forrest just is so much better in his actual position on the right. Same with Christie in the CAM role. 

Maybe something Clarke will be worth considering to accommodate Fraser,Forrest,Christie in the same team for the playoffs 

I don’t think you can get those three in the same team as John McGinn so one of them has to miss out for me. I’d leave Forrest out personally, although there’s never a guarantee that Fraser will turn up anyway...

"Not looking good" re McGinn and is going to have an x-ray on the ankle. Also apparently villa have been giving him injections on his thigh muscle which he injured on Scotland duty in the last games. Was certainly looking off the boil for villa in his last few games that I watched him.

Looking ominous for the play offs now...

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You consider that to be great source do you ?

He also said it in the herald;

"People always ask me but I would love to play for Scotland. My boy was born in Scotland, my mum and dad are Scottish.

"I've got Scottish blood in me so I don't think I would ever hesitate to play for them.

"Hopefully the opportunity comes up, the next break is around March time and I'll be focused to try and get in on that.

"Maybe I'll be able to put on that blue jersey."

Guest ElChris04
1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

I don’t think you can get those three in the same team as John McGinn so one of them has to miss out for me. I’d leave Forrest out personally, although there’s never a guarantee that Fraser will turn up anyway...

Forrest can be a game changer when used correctly, don’t think using him on the left is going to be getting the best out him maybe something like this 

Fraser-Christie-Forrest 

McGregor-McTominay-McGinn

Robertson-Cooper-Souttar-Tierney ( if fit ) 

Marshall 

Christie in the CF role would be deadly imo. He’s so much better in the middle and linking up the play not to mention he’s got natural finish. Something Lennon has highlighted regularly and he shows when he’s played there. As a Celtic and Scotland fan I’d have full confidence he’d do the job as a CF role IF Griffiths or Naismith aren’t fit.

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

He also said it in the herald;

"People always ask me but I would love to play for Scotland. My boy was born in Scotland, my mum and dad are Scottish.

"I've got Scottish blood in me so I don't think I would ever hesitate to play for them.

"Hopefully the opportunity comes up, the next break is around March time and I'll be focused to try and get in on that.

Lots of nice words. He's proud of his Scottish ancestry, so what ? 

He's careful not to rule out playing for Australia. Nor has he said anything about submitting an application to FIFA to change his nationality (which he can do anytime). I'm sceptical.

If Australia call him up he'll be off to play for them in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, sjd1972 said:

True but he is threatening to become Italian if we don't pick him.  He'd be better trying to get picked for Verona first 

I was looking forward to watching his progress but yeah he's been warming the bench for months now so clearly the staff think he isn't serie A quality.

Can't quite see him being an alternative to Veratti somehow...

22 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Yeah McGinn likely out for the season. His form has dipped in last few weeks as he was playing through another injury. Ultimately just played so much football over last 12 months considering he's one that dosen't cry off from Scotland call ups.

In other news McBurnie scores in the premier league....

Where are you reading that McGinn is out for the season?

Guest ElChris04

Not the first time Liam Henderson’s who has got the better of him, hopefully his wee brother who looks a real prospect has a much better attitude.

but play for Italy? That might be the pick of the bunch. He plays for the a club who sit 13th in the league and has started just 2 games this season...0D546E36-CD46-4FE1-9763-D2E23600DBA6.gif.57557910fc86f80d0d3c893a9aaf0d67.gif

Edited by ElChris04

13 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Lots of nice words. He's proud of his Scottish ancestry, so what ? 

He's careful not to rule out playing for Australia. Nor has he said anything about submitting an application to FIFA to change his nationality (which he can do anytime). I'm sceptical.

If Australia call him up he'll be off to play for them in a heartbeat.

And... "I don't think I would ever hesitate to play for them."

Pretty much says it all.

27 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Lambert and Fletcher the others?  The competition was called something different back then but I'm surprised Dalglish, Souness, etc. weren't winners.

Yeah it was the Intercontinental Cup, between European and South American champions. 

This was Liverpool's first win at the 4th attempt, so the likes of Souness and Dalglish missed out.

Darren Fletcher is correct,  the other one isn't quite so obvious.