Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 90 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Contributes nothing but his goals, we aren't good enough on the rest of the park to carry passengers.

Just goals, nothing important then. 🤔 For me this is just a fairytale that seems to have become fact. I've seen Rhodes play with his back to goal and link play, but people still go on about him "only" scoring goals. 

3 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Just saw Rhodes hatrick. All well took, overhead kick was great. Our number 9 spot is up for grabs, so if he stays fit and scores a few then at least a place on the bench is there.

I’m all for Rhodes(a guy who I’ve always liked) coming into form and pushing for a spot in our squad but it’s all down to whether he can score a few as you say. The guys I read on different sources yesterday all raving about him going straight into the Scotland team are clowns. Rhodes has not scored in forever. As usual, some eejits(not you) see someone scoring in England and automatically think that is a prerequisite to get into the Scotland team.

3 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Just goes to show that players mature at completely different rates, this is what we were expecting from fleckaninho in 2009. took a while.

It does seem to be quite a Scottish thing, we very rarely have young players bursting out the gates at a young age, it seems most Scottish players don't mentally or physically mature until their mid to late 20s. Kind of like the Italians

2 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Aye I saw that after I posted . You never know with all the injuries and pull outs we have 

For what its worth...

"Harvey Elliott and Tony Gallacher as well, he's played excellent at left-back and then right-back. I think those two, more than anyone, have been the two that have caught my eye" (Andy Townsend)

Right back?

It's intriguing that Gallacher doesn't appear to have had a look-in at U21 level, even though their left back is an Aberdeen reject who currently plays for Ayr Utd. Fair enough Gallacher hasn't done anything at first team level but it's surprising that a youngster at a major European club isn't good enough for our U21 squad. Although given we're talking about the SFA, maybe it isn't surprising at all...

3 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

It's intriguing that Gallacher doesn't appear to have had a look-in at U21 level, even though their left back is an Aberdeen reject who currently plays for Ayr Utd. Fair enough Gallacher hasn't done anything at first team level but it's surprising that a youngster at a major European club isn't good enough for our U21 squad. Although given we're talking about the SFA, maybe it isn't surprising at all...

Agreed.

Again if he was Welsh or either Irish/N.Irish he would already be capped just by being at Liverpool.