Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 67 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

McTominay getting injured AGAIN (Fucking cheers, Solskjaer). I see Cooper did as well, but hopefully his isn't quite as bad and he is available. 

On the plus side, Armstrong got another 90 mins and nobody else seemed to pick up any injuries. 

The silver lining if McTominay misses out is he cannae get suspended for the playoffs, at least. 

22 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

McTominay getting injured AGAIN (Fucking cheers, Solskjaer). I see Cooper did as well, but hopefully his isn't quite as bad and he is available. 

On the plus side, Armstrong got another 90 mins and nobody else seemed to pick up any injuries. 

The silver lining if McTominay misses out is he cannae get suspended for the playoffs, at least. 

He wouldn't have been suspended anyway.

"Cautions and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the qualifying group stage. They are not carried forward to the play-offs nor the final tournament."

Just now, Orraloon said:

He wouldn't have been suspended anyway.

"Cautions and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the qualifying group stage. They are not carried forward to the play-offs nor the final tournament."

Ah, wasn't sure. 

Well, no silver lining at all, then. 

Great. 

27 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Might this be an opportunity for Clarke to draft Gilmour into the squad? Different types of midfielder, but surely the right time to do so...

25 minutes ago, g@un said:

Might this be an opportunity for Clarke to draft Gilmour into the squad? Different types of midfielder, but surely the right time to do so...

I wouldn't say so, at least not for the Cyprus game. Let him play the under 21s game on Friday and consider calling him and a few others up from that for the home game on Tuesday against the Kazakhs. 

Mcgregor, Mcginn, Jack, Armstrong, Christie, Fleck (and, I suppose, McLean); enough there already to put out a midfield even if we are missing McTominay. 

2 hours ago, AndyDD said:

I wouldn't say so, at least not for the Cyprus game. Let him play the under 21s game on Friday and consider calling him and a few others up from that for the home game on Tuesday against the Kazakhs. 

That would be my plan.  Let the u21s play their strongest team with a clear message that there is a chance to join up with the full squad if they do well against Greece.

If we lose any players after the Cyprus match, fill the spaces with the better u21 players, or let them train with the full team as a minimum.  

19 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

That would be my plan.  Let the u21s play their strongest team with a clear message that there is a chance to join up with the full squad if they do well against Greece.

If we lose any players after the Cyprus match, fill the spaces with the better u21 players, or let them train with the full team as a minimum.  

Aye it makes all the sense in the world now that they don't have a second game to play. As you say even using it as a carrot, and even if just to let them get a taste of the senior squad set-up and a chance to meet the boss and coaches, could be of benefit. 

41 minutes ago, g@un said:

That makes sense. I think the Cyprus game would be ideal to try Jack in the DM role. With McGregor and McGinn alongside.

Definitely opens the door to Jack in the centre of midfield, possibly alongside the likes of Mcgregor and Mcginn, although I imagine you'd want to find a way to include Armstrong, especially now that he is playing full matches in the english prem. Guy has something different. 

4-4-1-1? 3-4-2-1? 

a few options, but i'd now be surprised if Jack doesn't feature. 

Always a chance he'll get a shot at right back... 

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Cooper is out & we only have McKenna, Devlin & Gallagher as cb options 😑

Grim. Very grim. 

It looked just as Grim when Cooper was available. CB and striker is where we are lacking most

Guest ElChris04

Greg Taylor on bench today, Hayes starting over him.

disappointing from Lennon, Think this would Be the perfect game for him to start. 

on a positive note though, Leigh Griffiths is on the bench and hopefully will make an appearance.