Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 63 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

Marshall

Cooper.       McKenna.    Tierney

Forrest.                                       Robertson

McTominay.          McGregor

McGinn

McBurnie.              Fraser

8 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Marshall

Cooper.       McKenna.    Tierney

Forrest.                                       Robertson

McTominay.          McGregor

McGinn

McBurnie.              Fraser

I'd take it - I'd tinker with it here and there, but generally, I'd take it.

20 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Greg Taylor isn’t even Celtics 2nd choice left back and has barely played a minute since the summer, shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad. Ridiculous, even with Tierney out. 

He's got Palmer in the squad to cover left back. I honestly think he doesn't know that Palmer is a left back.

21 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Greg Taylor isn’t even Celtics 2nd choice left back and has barely played a minute since the summer, shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad. Ridiculous, even with Tierney out. 

Tbf he won't start anyway and he's maybe a favourite from Clarke's time at killie.

Good result for Celtic tonight, four Scots started. Christie and Forrest have both scored against Lazio and played quite well. Celtic are top of their group and have qualified already. Surely this goes against the theory that they only play well against spl fodder. 

As I have always maintained we have a decent pool of players but are missing good players in key positions. Hopefully this will change over the next few years but we should still be getting better results in the present.

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

I actually think Olly Burke could make a good right wing back as well... 

He doesn't have the workrate. Or the game intelligence. Or the positional sense. Or the ability to learn (something his past coaches have complained about).

Apart from that, i'm sure he'd be brilliant. :ok:

Mcgregor, Forrest and Christie were excellent last night. 

Jack also had a good showing, maybe not quite as eye catching as the Celtic three. 

Four squad members playing important roles in outstanding results has to be heartening. It goes some way, you would hope, in dispelling the idea that these guys only look good in domestic football because of the poverty of opposition. 

Lazio and Porto. 

Winning in Rome is especially good. 

Brown had a great game as well. He'd be so handy for us at the moment. Ce'st la vie. 

16 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Mcgregor, Forrest and Christie were excellent last night. 

Jack also had a good showing, maybe not quite as eye catching as the Celtic three. 

Four squad members playing important roles in outstanding results has to be heartening. It goes some way, you would hope, in dispelling the idea that these guys only look good in domestic football because of the poverty of opposition. 

Lazio and Porto. 

Winning in Rome is especially good. 

Brown had a great game as well. He'd be so handy for us at the moment. Ce'st la vie. 

Agreed. The fact that Celtic came from behind in both games against Lazio to win shows incredible self belief as well. Rangers also won without playing particularly well, Jack was a standout. 

Just wish that mentality would stretch to the national team.