Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 62 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

15 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Yeah. A competitive league, who wants that?

You could slip into a coma, wake up a minute after the last match of the SPL season, and still you'd know who won the league.

That's not sport.

It isnae going to happen and it has been discussed to death for decades. 

Start another topic about it by all means, or go and seek out the discussion elsewhere (believe me, you'll no be short of options), but it isn't really relevant to Scottish players in action season 2019/20. 

So kindly get it tae fuck from here. 

6 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

It isnae going to happen and it has been discussed to death for decades. 

Start another topic about it by all means, or go and seek out the discussion elsewhere (believe me, you'll no be short of options), but it isn't really relevant to Scottish players in action season 2019/20. 

So kindly get it tae fuck from here. 

Oh, please accept my humble apologies, it's European Competitions week so I'll step aside whilst all the Scottish players get mentioned................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

10 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

The UEFA coefficients have them as the 8th.est league in Europe. Scotland is 19th. 

Interestingly though, in researching this I found the current season coefficient rankings and Scotland is 4th! https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/seasoncountry/#/yr/2020

Yea all Celtic and Rangers home and away wins in the early prelim  rounds add up I guess if they keep it up the Spl teams might get an extra weeks holiday next season.

2 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Oh, please accept my humble apologies, it's European Competitions week so I'll step aside whilst all the Scottish players get mentioned................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Apology accepted. 

A decent weekend for the likely squad members (aside from Hickey, good experience for him though), although I was worried to see Porteous miss the Hibs game through injury. Might rule him out of either senior or Under 21 squad. 

The hope now is for the celtic players and Ryan Jack to come through their midweek European games unscathed; even better if Mcgregor, Christie, Forrest and Jack have good games. They will be playing against superior opposition than they are set to face in Cyprus and against Kazakhstan.

And if we're really good and promise to eat our tea, maybe Griffiths will get onto the bench. 

2 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Apology accepted. 

A decent weekend for the likely squad members (aside from Hickey, good experience for him though), although I was worried to see Porteous miss the Hibs game through injury. Might rule him out of either senior or Under 21 squad. 

The hope now is for the celtic players and Ryan Jack to come through their midweek European games unscathed; even better if Mcgregor, Christie, Forrest and Jack have good games. They will be playing against superior opposition than they are set to face in Cyprus and against Kazakhstan.

And if we're really good and promise to eat our tea, maybe Griffiths will get onto the bench. 

We have two players playing in Europe this week. No idea why you're mentioning the Old Firm players.

Also, how can you eat tea? Have tetley brought out edible bags?

2 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

We have two players playing in Europe this week. No idea why you're mentioning the Old Firm players.

Robbo

McTominay 

Tierney 

Christie

Forrest 

McGregor 

Jack

Maybe Johnston? 

Maybe Gilmour? 

A little more than 2, but I do wish it was more. 

16 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Good grief.

4 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Good grief.

No. I did my research. According to Wiki:

Tea is an aromatic beverage commonly prepared by pouring hot or boiling water over cured leaves of the Camellia sinensis, an evergreen shrub (bush) native to East Asia.[3] After water, it is the most widely consumed drink in the world.[4] There are many different types of tea; some, like Darjeeling and Chinese greens, have a cooling, slightly bitter, and astringent flavour,[5] while others have vastly different profiles that include sweet, nutty, floral or grassy notes.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:26 AM, ceudmilefailte said:

Hornby has scored two goals in seven games and they were both against one of the worst teams in the league 

I thought he'd scored a couple more than that, but okay, in that case there are even fewer on-form Scottish strikers playing at senior level than I thought, which strengthens the case for Shankland being in the squad.

Hornby is not a natural poacher, but he is a better overall footballer than the other forwards mentioned and he carries a goal threat. A lot of his good work is done outside the box, holding the ball up, bringing teammates into play, and he’s good with the ball at his feet as well as in the air. Mebude for the u19s isn’t a natural striker either.

That position is a problem area, and not just for Scotland. Most clubs only play one up front now which instantly reduces the pool of strikers we have. 

https://celtsarehere.com/19-year-old-celtic-starlet-hailed-as-a-revelation-down-south/

Jack Aitchison, remember him, scored on his debut at 16 for Celtic, still only 19 starting to put in some terrific performances on loan in League 2. Remember League 2 down south is where Calum McGregor learnt his trade, maybe Jack Aitchison could yet be the striker we are looking for in the future

47 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

https://celtsarehere.com/19-year-old-celtic-starlet-hailed-as-a-revelation-down-south/

Jack Aitchison, remember him, scored on his debut at 16 for Celtic, still only 19 starting to put in some terrific performances on loan in League 2. Remember League 2 down south is where Calum McGregor learnt his trade, maybe Jack Aitchison could yet be the striker we are looking for in the future

It was league 1 McGregor played in, not that it matters too much but yeh it's good til see Aitchison doing well. He's got a few assists as well, would be good to see him play at a higher level for his next loan or to be given a chance at Celtic.

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

Of course he has stopped playing as a striker since going down south which would be typical for us.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

18 hours ago, bazmidd said:

See him a lot on EFL highlights, didn't realise he was actually Scottish. Forest Green are well placed to go up into league 1.

15 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Goal for Phillips who I also think has a future in the national team.

Not in the squad, sadly.