Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 58 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

31 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I think Forrest could do a job but is overrated.

Christie is good and will play EPL but reminds me of Armstrong and he is struggling to get a sniff.

McGregor is fine vs Hamilton etc & looks good but that’s about it basically. 

Yep.

I think Christie might be another Forrest and Brown, though. Both whom didn't want to challenge themselves against better players/teams.

McTominay winning the ball for James to speed away to win a penalty.

McTominay bossing the Chelsea midfield.

Manchester United have struggled with defending all season, since they've switched to a back three they've drawn once and won twice, and now they're bossing Chelsea.

Hope Steve Clarke is taking note. Either that or swap Clarke with Ole.

32 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Man Utd played a back four against Norwich, so in their last three games they have 100% win rate with a back four and a 50% win rate with a back three

Oops. My bad. Should've realized that, since it was only a few days ago.

United have played with a 3 against Liverpool and Chelsea and Partizan. Won two, drew one. That's a 75% win rate. They will probably go with 4 against the smaller teams and switch to a 3 against teams like Liverpool, Man City, etc.

Without wishing to be pedantic Man Utd drew1-1 with three at the back tonight and won 1-0 when changing to four at the back, so you are now down to a 25% win rate with three at the back and remain at 100% with four at the back

55 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

United have played with a 3 against Liverpool and Chelsea and Partizan. Won two, drew one. That's a 75% win rate. They will probably go with 4 against the smaller teams and switch to a 3 against teams like Liverpool, Man City, etc.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Man Utd trying 2 at the back now

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Without wishing to be pedantic Man Utd drew1-1 with three at the back tonight and won 1-0 when changing to four at the back, so you are now down to a 25% win rate with three at the back and remain at 100% with four at the back

What was the score when they went 2 at the back?

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Pretty tough test Ross County 

... And here lies the problem that my son and I were debating last night, when he asked me what my Scotland team would look like. 

Not a Rangers or Celtic player in sight as far as I'm concerned... They love being the flat track bullies in our piss poor league, skelping teams with a fraction of the resources, but put them into the national side, or lo and behold, ask them to move to a competitive league and they fold like deckchairs. 

I'd consider Jack as an option at right back, but in no way would he get anywhere near a starting Jersey in midfield for me, as that's our strongest position with 4 or 5 options coming from the EPL. 

1 hour ago, Dapo Mabude said:

Was absolutely brilliant away to Porto too. He's exactly what Scotland need.

Up until his daft booking he was doing really well. 

He then gave the ball away horribly cheaply for the Porto goal, started to lose his way and was lucky not to get booked again for an accumulation of fouls before halftime. He managed to get a hold of himself again in the second half, for the most part. 

'absolutely brilliant' is overstating things, somewhat. 

I'd like and expect him to start for us though, he has something we have been missing. 

7 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

... And here lies the problem that my son and I were debating last night, when he asked me what my Scotland team would look like. 

Not a Rangers or Celtic player in sight as far as I'm concerned... They love being the flat track bullies in our piss poor league, skelping teams with a fraction of the resources, but put them into the national side, or lo and behold, ask them to move to a competitive league and they fold like deckchairs. 

I'd consider Jack as an option at right back, but in no way would he get anywhere near a starting Jersey in midfield for me, as that's our strongest position with 4 or 5 options coming from the EPL. 

Jack and Christie have been excellent in European games against teams that on paper are superior to Rangers and Celtic. 

I'd also say that Scotland's best team (in the last 7 years) came when Scotland had that Celtic core under Strachan.

5 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Jack and Christie have been excellent in European games against teams that on paper are superior to Rangers and Celtic. 

I'd also say that Scotland's best team (in the last 7 years) came when Scotland had that Celtic core under Strachan.

I may be slightly harsh on Jack (though I don't see him displacing any of our midfield) but the tims in our squad are perennial shitey bags

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:57 PM, The_Dark_Knight said:

That's a 66% win rate.