Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 55 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

I’m not advocating the inclusion of Caulker but if he is picked then I don’t see one player as flooding the team.

Also we are so bereft of a good centre back I’d almost buy one if it was possible. I’d also almost buy a striker such is our desperation. 

Don't really have that much of a problem with dubious nationality cases, but if your going to dilute the squad it shouldn't be on the basis that what we currently have is awful.

From what I can see Caulker isn't that much better and is no were near the standard we require. If we are going to have to play sub standard players I would sooner they were 5 years younger like some of our options.

He will probably start our next game along side Cooper though which will delight some on here.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Don't really have that much of a problem with dubious nationality cases, but if your going to dilute the squad it shouldn't be on the basis that what we currently have is awful.

From what I can see Caulker isn't that much better and is no were near the standard we require. If we are going to have to play sub standard players I would sooner they were 5 years younger like some of our options.

He will probably start our next game along side Cooper though which will delight some on here.

If we're going to dilute the team, it's exactly because the current squad is awful.

If you want an "all-tartan" team, don't criticise the manager if he loses a few games.

4 minutes ago, Arbroath1320 said:

If we're going to dilute the team, it's exactly because the current squad is awful.

If you want an "all-tartan" team, don't criticise the manager if he loses a few games.

The Scottish cringe is strong here. 

4 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Only 3 Scots starting for Celtic today. 

It's not an anti-Celtic thing, it's just that they've been a beacon of hope for the past few years which is why I'm disappointed 

Aberdeen only have four on the field.

Yesterday Hearts had five. 

In a couple of hours, Rangers will likely only field two, or at best, three Scots (and one of them is retired from internationals).

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aberdeen only have four on the field.

Yesterday Hearts had five. 

In a couple of hours, Rangers will likely only field two, or at best, three Scots (and one of them is retired from internationals).

At the moment Christie is probably the only SPL player who you could argue is good enough for international football after that you are starting to pray that some younger players continue to develop.

If you wanted to make a list of Scottish players who haven't developed you would end up with a TDK sized post

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

At the moment Christie is probably the only SPL player who you could argue is good enough for international football after that you are starting to pray that some younger players continue to develop.

If you wanted to make a list of Scottish players who haven't developed you would end up with a TDK sized post

Where was Christie today? Is he injured? 

24 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

How did he play?

Another three goals conceded  but his stats say he did OK

He just looks the same as he did for Livvy last year really. 

Given his age & likely improvement with experience he is our best prospect along with Robby McCrorie. 

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

He just looks the same as he did for Livvy last year really. 

Given his age & likely improvement with experience he is our best prospect along with Robby McCrorie. 

McCrorie at Rangers was considered the far bigger prospect, it was why Rangers let Kelly leave. Having watched McCrorie a couple of times for QoS this season, I can see why. He has been excellent and has stretched up a few inches. 6"4 with McGregor like reflexes. 

He will either be our number 2 or go out on loan to an SPL side next season. He probably won't be our number 1 untill atleast 2021/22, when Shagger retires.