Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 47 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

How many Scotland "unders caps" have these three got?

Dickson-peters has 10 at u17 and 1 at u18.

Lo-everton has 5 at u17, 2 at u18 and is in the U19s squad at the minute.

McGlynn made his u18 debut in the training camp in Turkey last month against Cameroon.

Encase you where wondering, Hickey has 3 u17 caps and is in the u19 squad.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

13 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Dickson-peters has 10 at u17 and 1 at u18.

Lo-everton has 5 at u17, 2 at u18 and is in the U19s squad at the minute.

McGlynn made his u18 debut in the training camp in Turkey last month against Cameroon.

Encase you where wondering, Hickey has 3 u17 caps and is in the u19 squad.

Thanks

13 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We'll probably wait until he's 20 before capping him.

Okay I know it's not like for like but Tomori got called up for the England squad and he's only made three premier league starts for Chelsea. Hickey has way more experience of first team football. I'd start him against San Marino or call up Nathan Patterson.

Edited by Hertsscot

On 10/12/2019 at 7:57 PM, The_Dark_Knight said:

Ethan Hamilton played 90 min for Southend.

He's 21 next week and he's never played for the Under 21s. I'm surprised at that. I've seen him several times at youth level for Manchester United and he looks very good. A lot of United fans think he'll be better than McTominay.

Don't you remember when Rangers fans were saying that Stephen Hughes was going to be better than Barry Ferguson? 

9 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

BBC reporting that Hanley will definitely miss the next double header due to injury. I think we can safely discount him from the playoffs in that case. 

Why? He’s been ruled out for 7 or 8 weeks. The playoffs are at least 20 weeks away. I don’t think you can ‘safely discount’ him from the playoffs as that would be utterly ridiculous. 

Personally I’m hoping we won’t need him for the playoffs because he probably won’t play if all our other central defenders are fit but with the injury problems we’ve had in that position I wouldn’t be surprised if he played in March if he’s fit. 

Guest ElChris04

Watched the Sheffield Wednesday vs Cardiff Game last night 

main notes 

- Palmer was the worst player on the pitch, fans are calling for Gary monk to sell him in January as “he’s league 2 standard”

- Steven Fletcher can’t head a goal into a open net, another who was getting absolute pelters for being well and truly past it

anyone who feels they should be anywhere near our team let alone the starting 11, please find the nearest mental institution.

44 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

main notes 

- Palmer was the worst player on the pitch, fans are calling for Gary monk to sell him in January as “he’s league 2 standard”

- Steven Fletcher can’t head a goal into a open net, another who was getting absolute pelters for being well and truly past it

anyone who feels they should be anywhere near our team let alone the starting 11, please find the nearest mental institution.

Which right-backs and forwards would you put ahead of them?

57 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

main notes 

I think you’re forgetting how terrible we are

Guest ElChris04
4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Which right-backs and forwards would you put ahead of them?

Over Palmer? Tierney, Hickey, McCrorie,Jack 

Hickey has played at right back for hearts and looks as good as he is a left back. Also double footed. He’d be called up in the next team for me, going to be a top player imo.

Tierney doesn’t need any explanation. McCrorie has been playing right back for the U21’s and Portsmouth and has looked far superior. And Jack has put a better performance at right back in a Scotland Jersey than Palmer or SOD have ever done.

And for Fletcher? Griffiths,Shankland,Harper,Hornby

Like KT, Griff doesn’t need any explanation. Shankland is younger and hasn’t put a foot wrong. And Harper is a far more agile and pacy forward that would fit our style of play, Hornby is doing brilliant at club and U21 level and looks far superior at just 21 Than Fletcher ever did. 

there’s a list of players who would walk into the team over Palmer and Fletcher for me. 

2 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Over Palmer? Tierney, Hickey, McCrorie,Jack 

Hickey has played at right back for hearts and looks as good as he is a left back. Also double footed. He’d be called up in the next team for me, going to be a top player imo.

Tierney doesn’t need any explanation. McCrorie has been playing right back for the U21’s and Portsmouth and has looked far superior. And Jack has put a better performance at right back in a Scotland Jersey than Palmer or SOD have ever done.

And for Fletcher? Griffiths,Shankland,Harper,Hornby

Like KT, Griff doesn’t need any explanation. Shankland is younger and hasn’t put a foot wrong. And Harper is a far more agile and pacy forward that would fit our style of play, Hornby is doing brilliant at club and U21 level and looks far superior at just 21 Than Fletcher ever did. 

there’s a list of players who would walk into the team over Palmer and Fletcher for me. 

Agree on Hickey. Get him in 

2 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Also agree. Hickey, Johnston, Hornby and Gilmour into the squad for the next 2 games. Ideal opportunity to see if they can make the step up. 

There’s never been less to lose and more to gain.

I’d add McCrorie to that list also. 

Also agree. Hickey, Johnston, Hornby and Gilmour into the squad for the next 2 games. Ideal opportunity to see if they can make the step up. 

Only seen hickey play once (Scottish cup final) and thought he did very well for a 16 / 17 year old but he was just a 16/17 year old.

What has changed since then that people think he is ready for a Scotland call up? 

Totally agree on the other 3 you mention plus Mccrorie. 

1 minute ago, gonzohiggy said:

Only seen hickey play once (Scottish cup final) and thought he did very well for a 16 / 17 year old but he was just a 16/17 year old.

What has changed since then that people think he is ready for a Scotland call up? 

Totally agree on the other 3 you mention plus Mccrorie. 

We need a right back and this lad is more than holding his own at 17 in the Hearts first team. Seems to be very highly rated and reports of Man City interested. I do have a proper bee in my bonnet about how we never 'fast track' our prospects, unlike other small nations.

We need a right back and this lad is more than holding his own at 17 in the Hearts first team. Seems to be very highly rated and reports of Man City interested. I do have a proper bee in my bonnet about how we never 'fast track' our prospects, unlike other small nations.

I'm all for fast tracking our prospects that are ready or are nearly ready. 

Hickey to me looked a little under cooked for full international football last time I saw him, what's changed? 

Hornby player of the month at Kortrijk. 3 goals and an assist in 4 games. Gilmour captained Chelsea U23s against Arsenal last night; a 3-1 victory in which, by all accounts, he ran the show. Lots of comments from reporters and social media that he is too good, at 18, for that level. Speculation he may be with first team sooner rather than later. still waiting for a couple of centre halves. Fingers crossed for McKenna. Not sure about Souttar but hope he proves me wrong. George Johnston? (Not seen him play).

2 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

Hickey to me looked a little under cooked for full international football last time I saw him, what's changed? 

About 8 first team games. Maybe too soon but I'd like to see him in the squad. I trust Mr Clarke as a good judge of a player so I'll only say maybe he could have a proper look at these lads in training.

3 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Hornby player of the month at Kortrijk. 3 goals and an assist in 4 games. Gilmour captained Chelsea U23s against Arsenal last night; a 3-1 victory in which, by all accounts, he ran the show. Lots of comments from reporters and social media that he is too good, at 18, for that level. Speculation he may be with first team sooner rather than later. still waiting for a couple of centre halves. Fingers crossed for McKenna. Not sure about Souttar but hope he proves me wrong. George Johnston? (Not seen him play).

Yes lots of promising players just now. Gilmour is the jewel in the crown, a once in a generation talent (maybe several generations), he is that good. Has everything, technique, dedication, huge confidence in his ability and humility. 

I get the feeling the Hickey hype just now is due to this man city link. Sure hell be ready at some point but not keen on rushing guys who are too far away. 

18 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

Nothing has changed, I agree with you that putting a 17 year old is too soon however our options are severely limited. 

I seem to remember a 17 year old Georgian having a no' bad game against us. I think the point is that it's not plucking a wee boy out of a youth league. Hickey is playing for Hearts first team. I'm not advocating parachuting him straight in for caps, but surely if he's the real deal we can have him in trying as part of the squad with a view to integrating him into the setup.