Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 46 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

1 hour ago, SWMM82 said:

Hornby voted player of the month at Kortrijk.....he really should be in about the full squad in my opinion.

In this squad? Feel these performances from Hornby has come a little late for Clarke when considering this squad. This continues then certainly.

17 hours ago, henry george said:

The UEFA rankings have the Belgian League way, way above the SPL.  Belgium is 8th in the country coefficient rnakings (just behind Portugal), we're 18th and they still have 4 of their 5 clubs still in European competition whilst we have 2 out of 4.  Plus, they have 2 teams which actually qualified for the Champions League.  No comparison really, it's a far better league so if Hornby us doing well there he should be in our thoughts.

Have you got a link for those rankings, I'm curious.

Taking into account the quality of Belgian players about Europe the league must be of a pretty high standard unless some other countries tap all their youth players.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:40 PM, vanderark14 said:

no no no we should wait till he is close to his mid 20s before calling him up......................................

If had been upto Craig Brown and Willie Miller then Andy Robertson would have only made his Scotland debut last year !

55 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Have you got a link for those rankings, I'm curious.

Taking into account the quality of Belgian players about Europe the league must be of a pretty high standard unless some other countries tap all their youth players.

Pretty sure all of Belgium's best players play in the top leagues and only ever spent a short time in Belgium before getting snapped up. 

We have another Scot abroad! Kinda...

Charles Boli, son of Roger Boli and nephew of Basile Boli was born in Dundee.

21 and is as a winger for Lens in the French second tier. 

He’s got a couple of assists this season and Lens sit second in the table. 

One to keep an eye on and would be eligible for the under 21’s. 

Harry Souttar scores for Australia. I fear he could be a big loss long term when we are playing guys who can’t get a start for Aberdeen. On his international debut and still only 20. Amazing he never got called up to our 21s in last couple of years.

Edited by GHfaeGTA
Error

1 hour ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Harry Souttar scores for Australia. I fear he could be a big loss long term when we are playing guys who can’t get a start for Aberdeen. On his international debut and still only 20. Amazing he never got called up to our 21s in last couple of years.

I know it's really harsh to judge a player, especially a young player at centre half, on short-ish stints of gametime, but he was absolutely honkin' when he was playing for Ross County. But as you say, he could turn out in the long run to be a very handy central defender. Maybe we should have a policy of capping as many young centre halves as we can for a few mins in a competitive game crazily early just to make sure they cannae go anywhere else should they turn out to make it.

90 min subs against the bottom ranked team, whatever it takes. Just be sure haha 

15 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

I know it's really harsh to judge a player, especially a young player at centre half, on short-ish stints of gametime, but he was absolutely honkin' when he was playing for Ross County. But as you say, he could turn out in the long run to be a very handy central defender. Maybe we should have a policy of capping as many young centre halves as we can for a few mins in a competitive game crazily early just to make sure they cannae go anywhere else should they turn out to make it.

90 min subs against the bottom ranked team, whatever it takes. Just be sure haha 

I’ll sleep easier when Gilmour, Hornby, Johnston and McPake have competitive caps. Not that I’m questioning their commitment in any way.

13 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I’ll sleep easier when Gilmour, Hornby, Johnston and McPake have competitive caps. Not that I’m questioning their commitment in any way.

Based on last night’s showing, McPake needs to improve his final ball big time. Not sure how he is doing at Dundee on loan? Don’t think he’s starting 

1 hour ago, GHfaeGTA said:

I suspect Souttar will end up being a decent player that would have got caps but he isn't someone we will end up being to upset about not having as an option.

There does seem to be a worrying trend of players who have other options always taking the other option.  Dembele is the obvious example but there are quite a few others.  

7 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

3 Scots in the premier League version as well. Joe McGlynn at Burnley, Tom Dickson-Peters at Norwich and Sonny Blu Lo-Everton at Watford. Premier League players aren't included on that list, so it's good to see 3 in the premier league version.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/oct/09/next-generation-2019-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

3 Scots in the premier League version as well. Joe McGlynn at Burnley, Tom Dickson-Peters at Norwich and Sonny Blu Lo-Everton at Watford. Premier League players aren't included on that list, so it's good to see 3 in the premier league version.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2019/oct/09/next-generation-2019-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

How many Scotland "unders caps" have these three got?