Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 32 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

1 minute ago, mrniaboc said:

Both Lindsay and McIntyre starting today. Not getting carried away. Stoke and Reading are not doing well so far this season, but it is at least nice to see two young defenders starting at that level. 

Good to see McIntyre getting a start this early in the season. Reading have very high hopes for him. So much so if he becomes a regular they expect a few offers before too long.

38 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Hahaha I think some TA are giving him a really raw deal. He's clearly the best player we've produced in a long time, he has also scored a couple of big goals for us, but even if you put Messi in the San Marino team he would appear to play worse than he does for Barca. Not sure why some people don't get that? 

We should be thankful we have him.

55 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Hahaha I think some TA are giving him a really raw deal. He's clearly the best player we've produced in a long time, he has also scored a couple of big goals for us, but even if you put Messi in the San Marino team he would appear to play worse than he does for Barca. Not sure why some people don't get that? 

I’ll forgive before the next set of games. It can get tiresome supporting all these English teams I wouldn’t normally give the time of day to just because there’s a Scotsman in them. All that viewing time and then they’re pish in the actual international. 

14 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I’ll forgive before the next set of games. It can get tiresome supporting all these English teams I wouldn’t normally give the time of day to just because there’s a Scotsman in them. All that viewing time and then they’re pish in the actual international. 

I know exactly what you mean. Got this new app which means I can follow Alaves and Verona and Feyenoord and then actually wanting a Villa player to do well. It's a bit much.

49 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

I know exactly what you mean. Got this new app which means I can follow Alaves and Verona and Feyenoord and then actually wanting a Villa player to do well. It's a bit much.

Haha yeah I use Flashscores to follow any team with a Scottish international or potential international. I love the weekend when I have so many players to follow and teams to keep up with. Then the international break comes round and it's not as fun... 

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Yeah man. Never thought I'd be a Liverpool fan, but there's me in the pub cheering them on in the Champions League Final, boring my girlfriend to tears with my stories about Robbo's rise to stardom. 

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

McLean looks a good player to me....just shrinks into highland league standard like everyone else when he puts a dark blue jersey on!

Hey you, don't be dissing the Highland League 😂 But yeah, you're spot on 👍

Edited by todd

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

Not quite. Only fit enough for bench as Norwich have very makeshift back 4 out.

If he’s on the bench he’s fit. It’s time to start playing hard ball. If he was in the initial squad he’s not allowed in today’s match day squad under UEFA rules unless the SFA give permission. Or did Norwich claim he was unavailable prior to squad announcement? 

24 minutes ago, todd said:

Hey you, don't be dissing the Highland League 😂 But yeah, you're spot on 👍

How good was McLean today? Aside from his goal he was outstanding, breaking everything up, reading the game perfectly, bravely blocking every shot as Norwich hung on. Keep this going and he will be in the play off team.

Well done sir.

17 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

How good was McLean today? Aside from his goal he was outstanding, breaking everything up, reading the game perfectly, bravely blocking every shot as Norwich hung on. Keep this going and he will be in the play off team.

Well done sir.

For all the negativity on here,which tbf is justified,we have good players but they don't perform well for Scotland. My hope is Clarke can improve that aspect

16 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

If he’s on the bench he’s fit. It’s time to start playing hard ball. If he was in the initial squad he’s not allowed in today’s match day squad under UEFA rules unless the SFA give permission. Or did Norwich claim he was unavailable prior to squad announcement? 

Daniel Farke said this on Friday:

“Grant Hanley is available from the bench. He is back on the training pitch today and he could play 20 or 30 minutes.”

So nowhere near fit to start and play 90 minutes. In any case I don't think he can on did he even with them protecting the lead.

57 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Daniel Farke said this on Friday:

“Grant Hanley is available from the bench. He is back on the training pitch today and he could play 20 or 30 minutes.”

So nowhere near fit to start and play 90 minutes. In any case I don't think he can on did he even with them protecting the lead.

Too many players are pulling out of squads and playing for their clubs the following week. There are rules in place to protect national teams from this but only Craig Brown has the balls to invoke them.