Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 31 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

2 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

Yes! It's sometimes easy to focus on the negatives, as you can see from other threads. But when have we had so many Scots playing in the EPL? Not only that, but for top teams.

I remember not so long ago we had more Scottish managers in the EPL than players. 

The other thread was attention seeking nonsense. It’s quite clear we’re in a much better place than in recent years.

Going to throw the who scored stuff about our squad players today even though some people don't like them

Liam Copper above average in 1-0 deafeat

David Marshall and Mulgrew both had above average ratings in Wigan's clean sheet. (great to see Mulgrew start)

Liam Palmer- Rubbish rating and contributed zilch, and as far as the ratings go he is a far better left back than right back. Maybe that's why he is in the squad, as cover for Robertson

Robertson didn't to much but a pretty run of the mill game for Liverpool average sort of game.

Armstrong(sub) dont know what the ratings have against him but he was worse than useless again today

McGinn above average rating for a losing team ( If who scored picked the team he is ahead of Mctominay this season)

McLean(sub) -decent rating for 15 minutes play

McTominay Above average rating and best of the day for a Scotsman

Snodgrass (sub)-Did little

Fraser- Decent enough 

McBurnie-Decent enough considering he didn't score.

Phillips - Above average rating and good cover for Forrest I think.

On Billy Gilmour the site said he had 14 touches made one dribble and got dispossessed twice which sounds awful but he still got a higher rating than Armstrong

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Johnny Russell scored  and got man of the match for Kansas City this morning, in fact he got MoM and an assist in the match before too.

His best position appears to be that of Forrest and Phillips though.

We could end up with players out of position all over the park

He offers more than Phillips, just don't get it at all with him, he's gash

2 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Worst squad ever though as there's two league one keepers in.

Just out of curiosity when we were calling up Scottish fourth tier and then third tier players to the senior squad did you say "worst ever squad" ? 

McLaughlin and MacGillivray may be playing in the Championship next season.

18 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I said Gilmour would make his EPL debut this season on here, months ago and was told no chance.

Never thought he'd get it this soon in the season but he's the real deal.

I also said he'd captain Scotland by time he's 21 and I stand by that.

Being honest I didn't think he'd make an epl appearance this season. It's good to see though, would love it if he got more game time in the coming weeks.

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

I started to watch it then realised I was still in the huff with him. 

Hahaha I think some TA are giving him a really raw deal. He's clearly the best player we've produced in a long time, he has also scored a couple of big goals for us, but even if you put Messi in the San Marino team he would appear to play worse than he does for Barca. Not sure why some people don't get that?