Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 26 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

5 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Did you watch the game last night? Johnston was constantly being ruffed up (and he ended up on the floor on a number of occasions) so yes, he definitely has to get on a weight program as well as a nutritional diet.

Ideally he'd be built like Shaquri, but i think he compensates well for his slightness.

It's always the same with Scottish players. When we play England at under 21 level our players are always waifs that look like they'd be swept away if a heavy gust picked up, whereas, the English kids are always muscle-bound.

Isn't that more to do with the ethnicity of a lot of the English players though?

John McGinn is playing OK tonight. 

Did you see he had the opportunity to go past a man in his own half? You could see him thinking about it, then he turned and passed back to his centreback. The crowd immediately applauded.

I think our boy is learning.

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

What game was that. U23s?

No. It would just a behind closed doors friendly, probably just to give players game-time, etc.

Man United:Romero, Smalling, Jones, Darmian, Sanchez, Matic, Gomes, Pereria, Mata, Greenwood.

Sheffield United: Moore, Freeman, Stearman, Jagiekla, Bryan, Besic, Osborn, Bryan, Ravel, Sharp, Mossett and McBurnie

2 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Ideally he'd be built like Shaquri, but i think he compensates well for his slightness.

It would definitely help if he bulked up the way that Christie has, though.

3 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Isn't that more to do with the ethnicity of a lot of the English players though?

No. Even the white lads are tanks. 

4 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Did you see he had the opportunity to go past a man in his own half? You could see him thinking about it, then he turned and passed back to his centreback. The crowd immediately applauded.

I did and he's definitely learning that you DON'T have to drive forward and attempt to beat your man every single time you receive the ball.

I'd say that that's progress. 

16 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Considering his passing stats the crowd  clapping might have been sarcasm  as it found a team mate. 

Edited by ceudmilefailte

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Considering his passing stats the crowd  clapping might have been sarcastic  as it found a team mate. 

Hah, fair enough! 

Do you mean in this game, or his passing stats in general?

Just now, Dave78 said:

Hah, fair enough! 

Do you mean in this game, or his passing stats in general?

In general, but I think his passing is further up the pitch now or better protected if further back. Not quite as risky as it would have been this season based on last season as I think a few of us thought.

His stats are starting to look better in this one now

17 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Considering his passing stats the crowd  clapping might have been sarcasm  as it found a team mate. 

I doubt it, they love him at Villa, probably second only to Grealish and he's the local hero.  Probably explains why he was both Player's and Supporter's Player of the Year last season.

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

In general, but I think his passing is further up the pitch now or better protected if further back. Not quite as risky as it would have been this season based on last season as I think a few of us thought.

His stats are starting to look better in this one now

Aye... that was going to be my next question - do the stats break down what type of passes he's making?

Where do you find these player stats btw? What website?

24 minutes ago, aaid said:

I doubt it, they love him at Villa, probably second only to Grealish and he's the local hero.  Probably explains why he was both Player's and Supporter's Player of the Year last season.

At the time he was sitting on less than a 70% pass success rate, but I was being sarcastic as it is a view on here that he can't pass,  one I believed too. In my post after that I said it was something that was improving.

23 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Aye... that was going to be my next question - do the stats break down what type of passes he's making?

Where do you find these player stats btw? What website?

Stats just tell how many passes he made and how many were accurate. he ended with 23 from 28 tonight for 82% which is  ok. It shows the assist as a key pass

I go to who scored .com 

It gives a final rating for the players performance which probably takes into account other factors regarding passing, or the value of each pass.

Site had him as second best player on the pitch behind Jota

Edited by ceudmilefailte

5 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

No. You laughed at my post about him needing 60-80g of protein per day. That's 100% fact. If you want proof then do your research.

The consensus around Celtic fans is that he is lightweight. Generally i don't take much notice of Old Firm fans as they aren't that educated. But they do watch him every week.

If you want to pick holes in what I've said about nutritional then you must have facts to back it up. And yes, i did a course on nutrition. 

I think it's sad that you appear to be of those people that think knowledge, and a thirst for knowledge, is a bad thing and should be friend upon. 

What's even sadder is you wouldn't dare say that to my face. Typical ned keyboard warrior.

I have a PhD in astrophysics. However, I also get things wrong quite often. As did Albert Einstein on many occasions, and admitted to it. Try it some time mate, it's liberating ;)

4 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I have a PhD in astrophysics.

I would keep that a secret if I were you, as there's a good chance you'll be hounded out of this place by the angry TAMBagers (an amalgamation between TAMBers and villagers), wielding torches and pitchforks.

I disclosed that in order to build muscle mass you have to induce 0.8g-1g per kilogram that a person weighs, and I was accused of being a witch. :P You don't have to be a genius to know that, any person who lifts weights on a regular basis knows it.

17 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I disclosed that in order to build muscle mass you have to induce 0.8g-1g per kilogram that a person weighs, and I was accused of being a witch. :P You don't have to be a genius to know that, any person who lifts weights on a regular basis knows it.

a9d.jpg

:P:ok:

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

At the time he was sitting on less than a 70% pass success rate, but I was being sarcastic as it is a view on here that he can't pass,  one I believed too. In my post after that I said it was something that was improving.

Stats just tell how many passes he made and how many were accurate. he ended with 23 from 28 tonight for 82% which is  ok. It shows the assist as a key pass

I go to who scored .com 

It gives a final rating for the players performance which probably takes into account other factors regarding passing, or the value of each pass.

Site had him as second best player on the pitch behind Jota

Lies, damned lies, and.... ;)

12 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Hahaha stealing my patter from the other thread pal?! I'll allow it because this is a much better use of the meme! 

WHIT? Whit thread? ootside noo. Do you even lift bro?

I bet you wouldn't say that to my face!

No seriously, i missed it ;)

Edit: Found it. Yellow card for shite meme usage. :P

Edited by Dave78

2 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

I have a PhD in astrophysics. However, I also get things wrong quite often. As did Albert Einstein on many occasions, and admitted to it. Try it some time mate, it's liberating ;)

You completely misunderstand me. Am i always right? No. I'm a human being, not an always right machine. Am i always right here? I'd say that more times I've been right than wrong.

I adore being wrong. It's divine. As it's a give you a chance to learn.

I'm dealing with some oddballs, though. I mean, a guy said that i was a whack job for saying that in order to gain muscle a person has to consume between 0.8g - 1g of protein ech day per kg he weighs. Every single nutritionist will back that up.

In every other forum that advice would be welcomed, but not here. :lol:

Maybe nutrition isn't a big thing with people here...

Edited by The_Dark_Knight