Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 25 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

7 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Your post deserved nothing but laughter. As does this one. So, again.. :lol:

Imagine thinking you know more about nutrition and sports science than the people who are actually paid to do that job.

Let me guess, you're a part time philosopher that moonlights in sports science at the weekend?

You're an absolute whackjob. A funny one, but a whackjob all the same.

No. You laughed at my post about him needing 60-80g of protein per day. That's 100% fact. If you want proof then do your research.

The consensus around Celtic fans is that he is lightweight. Generally i don't take much notice of Old Firm fans as they aren't that educated. But they do watch him every week.

If you want to pick holes in what I've said about nutritional then you must have facts to back it up. And yes, i did a course on nutrition. 

I think it's sad that you appear to be of those people that think knowledge, and a thirst for knowledge, is a bad thing and should be friend upon. 

What's even sadder is you wouldn't dare say that to my face. Typical ned keyboard warrior.

9 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tbf I agree that Johnston should be on a heavy weights program with a high amount of protein in his diet. He looks to me like hes a hard gainer in terms of muscle building.

Totally.

I'm not making it up. It's not like I'm plucking number of grams of protein per kg out of the air. And yes, he does look very lightweight.

Being called a "whack job" for sharing 100% factual nutritional advice is strange... Even by TAMB standards.

3 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

1. Show me where it says that footballers have a right to play football matches, under any umbrella of EU or UK law. 

2. Yeah. I read all about the Bosman case a while back. And in his case he was 100% correct as his club was denying him his right of freedom of movement. It was an airtight case and a watershed moment for the civil and human rights of footballers. (And footballers these days should be on their hands and knees thanking him as well as contributing financially to him, as last i heard he was scraping by on a pittance)

If a three foreigner rule in Scotland what law would it be breaking? Freedom of movement? It wouldn't be impeaching on immigration laws. It wouldn't be denying the person a right to earn a living, etc. He would still be working, as partaking in team tactical meetings and regular training and gym work, would be considered work, as athletes have to stay in tip-top condition.

I'm not saying - and never have said - that players have an absolute right to play football.  What I have been consistently saying is that if you don't select a player purely on the basis of his or her nationally then that is discrimatory and that would be illegal under UK law and I have explained why that is the case.

Now where does it say that footballers are not governed by UK employment law?

What law would the SFA be breaking if they introduced a three foreigner rule?  I'm guessing its article 45(1) of the Treaty on the functioning of the European Union as per the ECJ ruling in the Bosman case.

Finally, whether someone is being paid is irrelevant as far as cases of discrimination is concerned, see my point before about it being discriminatory to deny opportunity for advancement on the basis of nationality.  Unless you think that stopping someone from playing football isn't impacting on their career.

Under a three foreigner rule no player would be discriminated against because of their nationality, as they are being paid, their human and civil rights aren't being impeded. Not would they be denied the right to work.

I didn't say that footballers weren't governed by EU law.

Article 46(1) of the Treaty on the functioning of the European Union states: "Every citizen of the union has the right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member State"

A three foreigner rule wouldn't be denying a EU citizen their right to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member State.

You think a player not a playing affects their careers? Each team had a squad of x amount of players. Only a certain amount can play on a match day. 

And by the way, you showed your weakness when you sarcastically said that i moonlight as a lawyer for EU human rights. Poor judgement.

6 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Was just about to post that. Why for cover? He played for a few seasons at RB with Aberdeen and he surely has the composure to be able to shift back to RB and thus solve one of our problem positions. Least he plays in Europe - unlike O'Donnell.

And when he played right back for Aberdeen he was shite. 

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

And when he played right back for Aberdeen he was shite. 

I’m not sure he has the legs for right back but then again the competition is O’Donnell. 

I’m actually hoping McRorie is a star turn at right back for Portsmouth and then problem solved. 

Jack’s skill level has been something of an eye opener. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tbf I agree that Johnston should be on a heavy weights program with a high amount of protein in his diet. He looks to me like hes a hard gainer in terms of muscle building.

Would it be silly to suggest that the physios and nutritionists at Parkhead might be aware of this and have him on  the correct program not one suggested by some muppet on the internet ( not you, of course).

14 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Would it be silly to suggest that the physios and nutritionists at Parkhead might be aware of this and have him on  the correct program not one suggested by some muppet on the internet ( not you, of course).

Players are usually advised to go easy on the gym until they’ve filled out naturally as it can cause problems when still growing (not necessarily upwards). 

29 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I’m not sure he has the legs for right back but then again the competition is O’Donnell. 

I’m actually hoping McRorie is a star turn at right back for Portsmouth and then problem solved. 

Jack’s skill level has been something of an eye opener. 

I've forgotten what a right back is when it comes to scotland 😂

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

You think a player not a playing affects their careers? Each team had a squad of x amount of players. Only a certain amount can play on a match day. 

Aye, but those rules aren't based on nationality. That's the difference.

24 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Any chance of moving all the drivel about European employment law and an eight Scotsman rule to some thread that is of less importance and interest than the Scottish players in  action one.

I suggest the "Why not to have Craig Gordon in goal one"

I've had enough of arguing in circles. 

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

No. You laughed at my post about him needing 60-80g of protein per day. That's 100% fact. If you want proof then do your research.

The consensus around Celtic fans is that he is lightweight. Generally i don't take much notice of Old Firm fans as they aren't that educated. But they do watch him every week.

If you want to pick holes in what I've said about nutritional then you must have facts to back it up. And yes, i did a course on nutrition. 

I think it's sad that you appear to be of those people that think knowledge, and a thirst for knowledge, is a bad thing and should be friend upon. 

What's even sadder is you wouldn't dare say that to my face. Typical ned keyboard warrior.

Oooh friend (upon)

55 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Players are usually advised to go easy on the gym until they’ve filled out naturally as it can cause problems when still growing (not necessarily upwards). 

Are you sure about that, I have always understood that it's best to lay off the weights(heavy lifting) when growing height wise because it can halt your bones growing but I have never really heard about it in terms of filling out. Anyways he's 20 so I think it's best he hits the gym hard as he's clearly a hard gainer and quite underdeveloped muscle wise.

50 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Are you sure about that, I have always understood that it's best to lay off the weights(heavy lifting) when growing height wise because it can halt your bones growing but I have never really heard about it in terms of filling out. Anyways he's 20 so I think it's best he hits the gym hard as he's clearly a hard gainer and quite underdeveloped muscle wise.

I’m 100% not sure, although I definitely believe it. 

Does it even matter that much how bulky Johnston is? He has such good balance that when folk clatter into him he's still able to stay up. There was a good example of that last night, if i'm remembering right.

10 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Does it even matter that much how bulky Johnston is? He has such good balance that when folk clatter into him he's still able to stay up. There was a good example of that last night, if i'm remembering right.

Did you watch the game last night? Johnston was constantly being ruffed up (and he ended up on the floor on a number of occasions) so yes, he definitely has to get on a weight program as well as a nutritional diet.

It's always the same with Scottish players. When we play England at under 21 level our players are always waifs that look like they'd be swept away if a heavy gust picked up, whereas, the English kids are always muscle-bound.

John McGinn is playing OK tonight. 

Oliver McBurnie scored on Tuesday against Manchester United in a 3:1 defeat...……………….... behind closed doors.

6 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Did you watch the game last night? Johnston was constantly being ruffed up (and he ended up on the floor on a number of occasions) so yes, he definitely has to get on a weight program as well as a nutritional diet.

It's always the same with Scottish players. When we play England at under 21 level our players are always waifs that look like they'd be swept away if a heavy gust picked up, whereas, the English kids are always muscle-bound.

John McGinn is playing OK tonight. 

Oliver McBurnie scored on Tuesday against Manchester United in a 3:1 defeat...……………….... behind closed doors.

What game was that. U23s?