Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

17 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Remember I said that I would tax the Old Firm? Along with distributing the money to the other 10 clubs, I'd also set up a coffee for performance schools, etc, with that money. Let's face it, the Old Firm have taken to much from Scottish football over the years, it's time for them to give something back. Even it's by force.

Hell, the "Green Brigade" think that "Everyone is keeping them down" as it is, so why not give them a reason to think it.

Fair enough. I'd genuinely like to see the SFA attempt that. 

17 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I don't know. By law of averages we should've qualified for something in the past 20 years, if we are as good as we think we are. The very fact that we haven't should be the wake-up call to everyone who cares about Scotland. Truthfully, if things continue as they are (and there's no reason to suggest it won't), Scotland will never qualify for another major tournament. 

Our qualifying problems recently are more a mentality/psychology thing**. We've had good enough players (technically).

** I'm really struggling not to say 'caused in-part by doom-mongering negative bastards like yourself', so i won't.

:P:ok:

Because we're lacking so many options at right back Chris Cadden is worth taking note of. He's played at right back his first two games for Oxford United (and been given the number 2 jersey!) so has clearly been signed for that position. 

Played really well as a winger for Motherwell the season before last ( and was capped twice). Got a serious injury at the start of last season and played a bit part in the rest of Motherwell's season...think we played wing back on occasion. 

Still only 22. He's definitely got scope to improve in this position and give us a half decent option. Not too keen on him going to the MLS next season though, hope if he plays well a Championship club picks him up. 

59 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Because we're lacking so many options at right back Chris Cadden is worth taking note of. He's played at right back his first two games for Oxford United (and been given the number 2 jersey!) so has clearly been signed for that position. 

Played really well as a winger for Motherwell the season before last ( and was capped twice). Got a serious injury at the start of last season and played a bit part in the rest of Motherwell's season...think we played wing back on occasion. 

Still only 22. He's definitely got scope to improve in this position and give us a half decent option. Not too keen on him going to the MLS next season though, hope if he plays well a Championship club picks him up. 

I’ve thought for a while his only chance at a god level is at right back. Not sure his natural a defender he will be, but he’s not got enough ability for a genuine attacking role.

Some people seem to think that I glory in shining a torch on our players and that I enjoy telling it like it is.

Some people just can't handle the truth.

The facts are that we haven't qualified for anything for 21 years, and there's nothing to suggest that that'll change. This weekend we've only had what, 3 players starting in the EPL.

McGinn has had a good 45 mins and a well taken goal.

8 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Some people seem to think that I glory in shining a torch on our players and that I enjoy telling it like it is.

Some people just can't handle the truth.

The facts are that we haven't qualified for anything for 21 years, and there's nothing to suggest that that'll change. This weekend we've only had what, 3 players starting in the EPL.

McGinn has had a good 45 mins and a well taken goal.

Mentality and negativity from poor managers. Look at all the call offs at every away trek.

Wales used to be like this. Likes of Bale and Ramsey made their debuts in 2007 so were playing for them for pretty much 10 years before they qualified for anything.

What changed everything was Gary Speed coming in and making camp a fun place to be so call offs stopped overnight and then Coleman continued the process.

You could also argue Southgate has done similar with England set up, loads of England players now say they can't wait to join up for get togethers which is completely different to a decade ago.

Hopefully Clarke can be the one to change the mentality.

8 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Mentality and negativity from poor managers. Look at all the call offs at every away trek.

Wales used to be like this. Likes of Bale and Ramsey made their debuts in 2007 so were playing for them for pretty much 10 years before they qualified for anything.

What changed everything was Gary Speed coming in and making camp a fun place to be so call offs stopped overnight and then Coleman continued the process.

You could also argue Southgate has done similar with England set up, loads of England players now say they can't wait to join up for get togethers which is completely different to a decade ago.

Hopefully Clarke can be the one to change the mentality.

There was definitely something seriously wrong with the mentality and atmosphere during McLeish's time in charge.

Imagine having a failure like Peter Grant and nice but terribly dim James McFadden taking charge of a training session and trying to inspire everyone. Fucking hell.

23 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

He's no better or worse than McKenna or Souttar or Bates, etc. Which underlines the lack of talent we have at center back.

And for all intents and purposes McLean is a starter for us, and yet he's barely had a touch tonight. Which sums up our midfield "talent".

Lol something we can agree on. Tbf McLean shouldn't really be a starter for us as we have much better options.