Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

11 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Nah he's a box to box player, Grealish ain't moving from number 10 spot anytime soon.

Think his issue at international level the pace of the game is slower and yes his passing isn't always as accurate as it should be hence the mistakes which have cost goals.

Will certainly need to sharpen up that area for premier league.

I think these fears are overblown. A few months in the EPL will sort him out as regards unforced errors. 

3 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Nah he's a box to box player, Grealish ain't moving from number 10 spot anytime soon.

Think his issue at international level the pace of the game is slower and yes his passing isn't always as accurate as it should be hence the mistakes which have cost goals.

Will certainly need to sharpen up that area for premier league.

Then it's a good thing Grealish isn't going to play for Scotland.

1 minute - 

He couldn't control a concrete ball.

When John McGinn collects the ball his natural inclination is to drop his shoulder and try to dribble, which is fine if you're doing it close to the opposition box, but if you do it in your own box you're just asking for trouble. This clip isn't of him wanting to dribble, it's of his poor ability to do the basics. The ball bounced off him!

If he plays for Scotland he has to play in the number 10 role. 

13 minutes ago, SWMM82 said:

We have finally turned a corner........ a Scottish international on the cover of the new Pro Evo 2020 .......never thought I would see the day! https://www.goal.com/en/news/mctominay-joins-messi-and-pjanic-on-pes-2020-cover/wueys7j8rk5t1waa7qpov6fmh

McTominay is a really random choice ! :blink:

11 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Is Ralston worth considering for the right back slot? 

Considering our best right back options are Allan Hutton (still) & Ryan Jack (hasn’t played there at club level in about 7 years) then yes, probably. 

19 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Is Ralston worth considering for the right back slot? 

Options are limited but I don't think so. He won't play much for Celtic. 

If he did make himself first choice at Celtic then that's a different story but I can't see it. 

48 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Only watched the first half but his distribution was a bit poor and looks like he'll face a struggle to be considered for Celtic, let alone Scotland

I only watched the 2nd half and he actually did pretty well at keeping the ball and playing the right passes. 

Most of the time I’ve seen him play otherwise he’s looked poor though. Isn’t a good crosser of the ball and always looks rushed. 

Can’t see him making it at Celtic. 

Maybe a couple of seasons at a Scottish premier club or bottom-ish of the championship might benefit him. Regular games will hopefully help him being more comfortable on the ball. 

Looks a hard working player so could be a good option in a couple years time. But can we wait that long without a half decent right back?! 

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Callum Paterson is by a mile our best option at right back

He doesn't really play at right back much anymore. Cardiff have played him upfront and left midfield I think. They don't really rate him as a right back as he isn't great at defending.

4 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

He doesn't really play at right back much anymore. Cardiff have played him upfront and left midfield I think. They don't really rate him as a right back as he isn't great at defending.

Played his first two games at Cardiff  at right back and hasn't played there since. He proved very good higher up the park at championship level which prompted Warnock to say he had bought a dud right back but a cracking midfielder.

Still think  he does ok there for Scotland though

9 hours ago, csinclair said:

SOD is our best right back and I think a lot of the criticism he gets on here is harsh. He's nowhere near Hutton was at his age but he's steady enough.

Tierney is our best option at right back! That’s unfortunately where we are at the moment. SOD isn’t good enough for international football.

Edited by SWMM82