Scottish players in action 19/20 - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 19/20

SkyBlueScot

4 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

U18 match. Alex Lowry scores twice in Rangers 9-1 win over Huddersfield. I didn’t see the game but there’s a real buzz about this player. He has something.

There’s a batch of very talented young Rangers players coming through just now who Gerrard won’t pay attention to in favour of English players 

2 hours ago, JECK said:

I believe Gilmour has stood out again in Chelsea's 2nd pre-season match in Ireland today

Fellow Scotland fans... it's time to get excited! :spin:

https://www.talkchelsea.net/opinions/this-chelsea-wonderkid-may-have-just-booked-his-flight-to-japan-after-two-fine-showings-in-a-week/

"

As the Chelsea team set off for Ireland a week ago, we wrote that Billy Gilmour was going to be one of the most exciting things about this trip. In reality, things went even better than expected.

We thought he would get some minutes,  but certainly didn’t expect him to play 90 over 2 games. That gave him plenty of time on the pitch for Frank Lampard, and he used it well. He was calm, composed and creative, keeping the ball better than some of his senior teammates, and using it well in a slightly ragged second half.

It was also notable to see him bellowing orders at Tiemoue Bakayoko, a man with pretty decent Champions League experience, as well as about 6 inches extra height on young Billy. That shows what the tough little Scot is all about, and if he keeps it up it’s hard to see Frank Lampard being able to ignore him much longer.

In fact, the 18 year old may have just booked himself a spot on the flight to Japan on Monday. If he wasn’t already, Frank Lampard must be giving serious thought to the prospect of taking the former Rangers prodigy with him to the Far East.

There are other concerns of course, and maybe the squad prefer to have him back with the youth teams at Cobham preparing for the new season. But whether or not he ends up on the plane with the first team, he’s made huge progress towards that goal in the last week alone. Well done Billy, and keep it up."

48 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

There's plenty of examples of young players who don't achieve after promising so much but it is fantastic to see the numbers of these exciting players coming through. Kids linked to Bayern and Roma. Youngsters playing with confidence in top teams.....

It certainly feels like things are slowly changing in the right direction. Fingers crossed but won't get too excited just yet. 

10 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

It certainly feels like things are slowly changing in the right direction. Fingers crossed but won't get too excited just yet. 

This has been foreseeable for about 2 years, although there are no guarantees. In another 2 years I think we’ll be in a very good place, there are just so many with very high levels of ability about to emerge.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

This has been foreseeable for about 2 years, although there are no guarantees. In another 2 years I think we’ll be in a very good place, there are just so many with very high levels of ability about to emerge.

I think that's it, it's the numbers that are coming through that's the exciting part.

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I agree with that. It would be nice if Rangers followed Celtics lead by giving their youngsters a chance also

54 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I agree with that. It would be nice if Rangers followed Celtics lead by giving their youngsters a chance also

I think there will be quite a few loan moves, the Rangers one’s are younger than the Celtic ones and are not ready for the first team. Stephen Kelly is a big talent and has gone to Ayr. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

2 hours ago, adamntg said:

Suppose we better all give thanks to Craig Levein for ushering the Performance Schools.

I think most people could see the good work he was doing away from the first team.  He just seemed to really underrate all our players. 

Talking of youngsters, this is Andy Gray on Steven Gerrard: "“He also said there are a couple of really young kids he’s going to blood over the next few weeks. He says he likes them a lot and wants them involved with the first team which is great news."

I get the impression that one of the kids is Josh McPake.

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

In saying that are you suggesting this is a good Celtic team and it might have been easier to get into previous teams?

Maybe.

We have Forrest, Sinclair, Shved, Arzani, Johnston, Morgan and Hayes that can play in the 2 wide positions. IMO, Morgan comes towards the bottom of that list.