Euro T20 Slam - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro T20 Slam

biffer

New Twenty20 tournament announced across Scotland, Ireland and Netherlands. Starting this year. 

Six teams - Edinburgh, Glasgow, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Dublin, Belfast. 

Three weeks, one host city from Friday to Thursday - for 2019, its Amsterdam in the last week of August, Edinburgh first week of September and Dublin after that. 

Two games Friday, two on Saturday, two on Sunday then one on each weekday. 

Teams to have squads of 16,which include nine domestic players, one marquee and one icon. Icons and marquee players selected in a draft. 

Players announced so far - Eoin Morgan, Bredon McCullum, Shahid Afridi, Shane Watson, Martin Guptill, JP Duminy, Dale Steyn, Rashid Khan, Babar Azam, Luke Ronchi, Chris Lynn, Imran Tahir. 

Funding is apparently in place for 5-10 years (I'm assuming there's Indian money involved somewhere). 

• 3 weeks later...

Draft completed today.

Edinburgh have Martin Guptill, Chris Lynn, Matt Henry, Tymal Mills among their overseas players with Kyle Coetzer and Calum MacLeod the best known of the Scottish players

Glasgow have Brendon McCullum, Ravi Bopara and Dale Steyn in the international selections, with Richie Berrington, George Munsey and Matt Cross among their domestic picks.

i presume ticket details will be published before too long - I'm quite looking forward to it!

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Sounds alright actually. I know this has been up here since July but first time noticing it. What will the venue be in Edinburgh? Any info on how to get there from Haymarket/Waverly assuming catch the train to Edb. Cheers

It’s at Raeburn Place in Stockbridge. Quite a pleasant Twenty five minute walk from Haymarket. Or a no. 29 bus from Waverley.

Quite a few decent pubs down that way as well. Nice place to watch cricket, bit of a sun trap on a good day.

15 hours ago, biffer said:

It’s at Raeburn Place in Stockbridge. Quite a pleasant Twenty five minute walk from Haymarket. Or a no. 29 bus from Waverley.

Quite a few decent pubs down that way as well. Nice place to watch cricket, bit of a sun trap on a good day.

Thanks so much for the Info. Quite fancy a day out at this, I do like the T20 format. Hopefully the weather will behave when the tournament visits Edinburgh.