Hibs sold to US entity - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibs sold to US entity

This confirms the rumours that have been circulating for the past month or so

A report I heard earlier was he’s planning on investing upto £15million into the club so I’ll ask you the same as I asked all those jambo bastards when the wee Russian cunt took them over. What happens if/when Ronald Gordon gets bored or something happens to him and Hibs are back to paying £8,000(purely an example) as the average wage. How will the club sustain this expenditure? If you pay transfer fees for players then you have to pay those players a salary that reflects their market value. There’s not much in the way of room around the stadium to expand the capacity etc

Exciting times? Nah, not really. Interesting times? Definitely!! but I’ll be holding off a while until I start looking to buy myself a green and white chullo 

Edited by UpTheSlope

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

£14.3m loss.

Nothing to see here, Timmy.

debts payable is the interesting one - cash is king (no pun) and many profitable businesses (on paper) go bankrupt due to lack of cash flow 

From memory i think their 1st team wages went up 7M GBP from 16/17 to 17/18  

30 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

debts payable is the interesting one - cash is king (no pun) and many profitable businesses (on paper) go bankrupt due to lack of cash flow 

From memory i think their 1st team wages went up 7M GBP from 16/17 to 17/18  

My missus stays near Ibrox so I go past it regularly.

Certainly needs some TLC, looks like there are some maintenance works on the go but the Main Stand in particular looks like it needs serious money spent on it. The big banners covering the stadium/the offices look like they are about to rip off due to the tearing on them etc.

Looks like they are replacing the yellow stained panels from the sides of the Copeland.Broomloan though which makes it looks much better but it's definitely noticeable how little care has been taken of it in past 10 years or so as it used to be immaculate.

Fan zone is beyond shite!

Edited by Squirrelhumper

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

My missus stays near Ibrox so I go past it regularly.

Certainly needs some TLC, looks like there are some maintenance works on the go but the Main Stand in particular looks like it needs serious money spent on it. The big banners covering the stadium/the offices look like they are about to rip off due to the tearing on them etc.

Looks like they are replacing the yellow stained panels from the sides of the Copeland.Broomloan though which makes it looks much better but it's definitely noticeable how little care has been taken of it in past 10 years or so as it used to be immaculate.

Fan zone is beyond shite!

For the Fan zone = See Council Leader

Definitely needs a good bit of work but there has been a lot done over the close season.  Ahead of 2022 (150 of the original) there is a schedule of works. 

As for the debt.  Yup, there's still going to be some. The debt for equity only wiped so much.  It is to King and Co so I hold little concern.  

Anyway, get it up the Gibs