2020 Olympics - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2020 Olympics

Arbroath1320

The English FA are TeamGeeBee's Olympic representatives. TeamGeeBee qualify per how THE MIGHTY LIONESSES!!! do in the World cup.

I don't give a monkey's about TeamGeeBee and I hope it''s not just England-led but  made up of only England players - and that they nosedive in the group stages.

The SFA are culpable for not objecting. But any Scotland women who agree to be in TeamGeeBee should be banned from representing Scotland for life.

Aye..always one sided...not suprising considering how much has been spent by the English FA trying to buy the Womens World Cup, perhaps the British Olympic Management might consider a bit more for the development of our lassies. Phil Nevilles words show how desperate they are to win something, never mind the spirit of Olympics being all embrassing. I think Scotland, Ireland & Wales should tell them to fuck off or demand a neutral manager, Berti Vogts might take it!

Digressing...England Cricket Team...Irish Captain, Many top former players Scots & god knows how many other nations

3 hours ago, Debian said:

Very poor we refuse to be a part of Team GB - highlights further our hatred and inferior complex towards our neighbours.

No - the opposition is to do with the risk to our independence as a footballing nation. If the SFA allows our women to play at Olympic football for Team GB, then you risk allowing a Team GB U23s team for the men's tournament. Where's the line? Once you have a GB football team in one competition, you open the door for it in all competitions.

3 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

No - the opposition is to do with the risk to our independence as a footballing nation. If the SFA allows our women to play at Olympic football for Team GB, then you risk allowing a Team GB U23s team for the men's tournament. Where's the line? Once you have a GB football team in one competition, you open the door for it in all competitions.

Just ignore the troll.

1 hour ago, Clyde1998 said:

Stop being fucking paranoid.  As a proud Scotsman we should get behind this and will our best to be a part of it. 

At least the women have the balls to.  

10 hours ago, Debian said:

Stop being fucking paranoid.  As a proud Scotsman we should get behind this and will our best to be a part of it. 

What, sell out their Scottish fans to increase their commercial worth in England?

18 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

I don’t want Scottish players representing Team GB in football but come on can’t believe people think it would put our footballing independence at risk ffs. Fifa is accepting fake/non recognised countries like The Faroes, Kosovo and Gibralter into competition. You can’t ban Scotland/NI/Wales yet allow the Faroe Islands to compete haha.

22 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

Yes you can as the Faroe Islands is an independent country. FIFA representatives have previously warmed to a GB Team.  The most appealing part is that it would shrink the GB seats on IFAB from 4 to 1.

They enjoy a significant amount of Autonomy but no they are not an independent country

20 hours ago, Debian said:

We dont need to get behind anything, you're more than welcome to but nobody else has to. 

Each to their own

Just now, vanderark14 said:

I dont want our players playing for GB because I dont support anything GB related. I'm a proud scotsman and I dont want to be part of GB or the union. 

I wont apologise for it either. 

Mr Broon does not like this post.

Image result for gordon brown

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I dont want our players playing for GB because I dont support anything GB related. I'm a proud scotsman and I dont want to be part of GB or the union. 

I wont apologise for it either. 

Much the same however best that people admit that instead of pretending its because they fear for our eligibility to play International football a couple years after a state like Gibralter has been given its Fifa membership

5 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

It'll be England with a token 1 or 2 Welsh/Norn Irish and maybe 3/4 Scots.

Be interesting to see if any Scots would turn down the call? 

Of course they wouldn't. The Olympic women's football is on a par with the world cup ( or very nearly ) . The men's tournament is a farce and the equivalent of the Irn Bru cup for Internationals.

Got to say, I had no qualms about England winning this until I saw who was coaching them. Then I'm afraid the ABE syndrome kicked in. 🙂

On 7/2/2019 at 1:11 AM, weekevie04 said:

Julie Fleeting said before LONDON TWENTYTWELVE!!!!!!! that she wouldn't be interested in TEAMGEEBEE!!!!! because playing for Scotland was her pinnacle.

She is a legend for all sorts of reasons.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:11 AM, weekevie04 said:

It'll be England with a token 1 or 2 Welsh/Norn Irish and maybe 3/4 Scots.

I can’t recall any uproar whenever Sir Andy Murray represents Britain yet claims he’s a passionate Scot. The phrase “running with the hares and hunting with the hounds” has never been more appropriate

Always happy to except the queens shilling that cunt

At least Chris Hoy doesn’t hide the fact he’s a unionist 

Edited by UpTheSlope