Apologies if this is in the wrong place... - Russia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Apologies if this is in the wrong place...

The_Maestro

As you'll see, first time poster. If this isn't in the correct place or has been answered somewhere else I'll happily take directions.

In the past I was a member of the Travel Club and a fairly regular attendee at games, all home, the occasional away. I have moved to the middle east in recent years so am a bit out of the loop. As it so happens I can get dirt cheap flights to Moscow from where I am for the dates around the Russia away game. I just have a couple of questions:

1) Is the visa process still convoluted and expensive?

2) What are the chances of a non-travel club member picking up a ticket? Either officially or unofficially?

Any help appreciated.

sounds like process is simpler - no hotel voucher now  I think

If you are somewhere remote abroad, possible that process is easier

I recall asking consulate in Angola about getting VISA for Russia, and they were quite chatty about process - as a guide my colleague also in Angola organised Cambodia visa,there & was entertained with tea & biscuits while they organised visa

Tickets - guys are always able to pick up a ticket at the away matches ( I have never had to, but there are multiple people who do this regular -

Personally i would take the chance - @ worst worm your way into the Russian end - Generally I have found russians quite friendly -  

Edited by euan2020

• 1 month later...

I am going to request picking up my ticket in Russia as I have holiday planned and the week in Russia is just the second leg of holiday. I had the visa paperwork sorted well in advance of my visit to centre in Leith. I found the application relatively painless in the end thanks to the advice provided on the forums here.