Loyalty Programme - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Loyalty Programme

Flure

On 6/20/2019 at 10:23 PM, Texas Pete said:

When was the last time we were in the playoffs when we weren’t playing against a team that was a heavy favourite to beat us due to the seeding system?

Someone who thinks we have no chance of qualifying because we haven’t done it for 22 years should have a word with themselves. NI didn't qualify for anything for decades, same with Wales. The drought will end sometime. Why not next year?  

Never as this is first time you can qualify for a play off via playing 4 games. 3 of those games in which we made heavy hard of.

The difference between NI and Wales is they were both on a rich vein of form leading upto and during the qualifying campaign in which they qualified for France. We aren’t, we are shite. As I’ve said we have huffed and puffed our way through games. Northern Ireland and Wales not only qualified for a major finals but they actually went there and competed with Europe’s best and progressed far far further than Scotland and have ever done.

In the unlikely event that Scotland negotiates the playoffs or in the extremely unlikely event we qualify through our groups final placings(LOLZ 😂), stop laughing at the back please, then I am less than confident that we’d progress to the next stage

On 6/21/2019 at 11:02 AM, Flure said:

I can't see anywhere in the T&Cs where it mentions Men's team only.

I bought my tickets for the Women's World Cup matches from the SSC. I could do this because I was a member.

If the Scottish FA organised a Men's friendly match in Aberdeen and dropped the price to £15, should we get a half a home point because the normal price is £30? Points are awarded for attendance, not for the ticket price.

I can only assume you haven’t read the T&Cs properly then. Have a look at the definitions at the top. 

You can obviously get tickets for women’s and unders matches through the SSC but you won’t get any loyalty points for doing so as per the terms and conditions. As I said though, these could easily be changed. Can’t see it happening though. 

1 hour ago, UpTheSlope said:

Never as this is first time you can qualify for a play off via playing 4 games. 3 of those games in which we made heavy hard of.

The difference between NI and Wales is they were both on a rich vein of form leading upto and during the qualifying campaign in which they qualified for France. We aren’t, we are shite. As I’ve said we have huffed and puffed our way through games. Northern Ireland and Wales not only qualified for a major finals but they actually went there and competed with Europe’s best and progressed far far further than Scotland and have ever done.

In the unlikely event that Scotland negotiates the playoffs or in the extremely unlikely event we qualify through our groups final placings(LOLZ 😂), stop laughing at the back please, then I am less than confident that we’d progress to the next stage

Well exactly so you don’t have the first clue what’s going to happen next March. 

Keep predicting doom though as it’s entertaining. 

As for getting to the knockout stages, one win could do it as it’s a lot easier than it used to be to get out of a Euros group these days, particularly if you’ve got at least 2 games at home. Probably best to start worrying about that if we actually qualify though eh?

On 6/22/2019 at 6:12 PM, Texas Pete said:

Well exactly so you don’t have the first clue what’s going to happen next March. 

Keep predicting doom though as it’s entertaining. 

As for getting to the knockout stages, one win could do it as it’s a lot easier than it used to be to get out of a Euros group these days, particularly if you’ve got at least 2 games at home. Probably best to start worrying about that if we actually qualify though eh?

And neither do you have the first clue about what’s going to happen next March. I’m basing my realistic expectations on our recent form which doesn’t look like improving anytime soon

2 hours ago, UpTheSlope said:

And neither do you have the first clue about what’s going to happen next March. I’m basing my realistic expectations on our recent form which doesn’t look like improving anytime soon

I haven’t said I do. 

You said losing was inevitable. Which it’s not. Neither is winning but I didn’t say it was. 

All I have said is we have a chance. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I haven’t said I do. 

You said losing was inevitable. Which it’s not. Neither is winning but I didn’t say it was. 

All I have said is we have a chance. 

I said losing on our current form is inevitable

But you’re right, we do have a chance. No chance!

11 minutes ago, UpTheSlope said:

I said losing on our current form is inevitable

But you’re right, we do have a chance. No chance!

That’s not what you said but even if that’s what you meant, our current home form in competitive matches is 4 years without a defeat. 

If, with the possibility of 2 home games in the playoffs, you can’t acknowledge that we have a chance of qualifying through the playoffs then I’m afraid your knowledge of football leaves a bit to be desired. 

On 6/24/2019 at 1:44 PM, Texas Pete said:

That’s not what you said but even if that’s what you meant, our current home form in competitive matches is 4 years without a defeat. 

If, with the possibility of 2 home games in the playoffs, you can’t acknowledge that we have a chance of qualifying through the playoffs then I’m afraid your knowledge of football leaves a bit to be desired. 

I for one hope your correct and I am wrong but somehow I can’t see that being the case

7 minutes ago, UpTheSlope said:

I for one hope your correct and I am wrong but somehow I can’t see that being the case

I think everyone on here hopes your wrong. 

It certainly won’t be easy and if it happens we’ll no doubt be hanging on for dear life at the end of the last game but you just never know.