Europa League 19/20 - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

2 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Is that Rangers or Aberdeen? Look at that feckin flag!

Are Dundee Utd the only Scottish team who don't fly any Butcher's Aprons?

FTR... I'm embarrassed by it.

Doesn't exactly go with 'Stand Free' does it?

Anyhoos, a deserved draw but they could have won that, but maybe settling was sensible? And not going gung-ho for a late-winner and ending up conceding?

Hope they do the business next week.

Dons fans : Cosgrove is hopeless isn't he? I only seen him on the TV games, but he really looks terrible but seems to grab vital goals. I mind last time a few started slagging him and he went on some mental goal-scoring run.

Edited by weekevie04

2 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Anyhoos, a deserved draw but they could have won that, but maybe settling was sensible? And not going gung-ho for a late-winner and ending up conceding?

Hope they do the business next week.

Dons fans : Cosgrove is hopeless isn't he? I only seen him on the TV games, but he really looks terrible but seems to grab vital goals. I mind last time a few started slagging him and he went on some mental goal-scoring run.

Cosgrove is a poor footballer but for some reason he has 3 goals in 3 games 🤣

Only a 2-0 win but a missed penalty and 2 goals disallowed for offside, sounds like we dominated and I've no concerns for the return leg this time. 😁

Aberdeen sounded like the better team too, so positive all round. 

Dons and hu..........................sorry the gers are n action again this week.

I can never really get myself up for these early rounds, I'm not sure if its because I know the inevitable exit before the groups is coming or its just too early for football to start.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Dons and hu..........................sorry the gers are n action again this week.

I can never really get myself up for these early rounds, I'm not sure if its because I know the inevitable exit before the groups is coming or its just too early for football to start.

It's just too early. Rangers last pre-season friendly was at the weekend there and we've already played 3 Europa League games!

49 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's just too early. Rangers last pre-season friendly was at the weekend there and we've already played 3 Europa League games!

I think aberdeen have a few games against lower league opposition then they just play the europa matches. 

I agree with you, it's too early to start the season

8 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Celtic meet Cluj of Romania in the next round. 

See Nick Blackman formerly of Motherwell and Aberdeen scored for Maccabi Tel Aviv in that game to temporarily bring it level.

Not the easiest game out there, but certainly not the worst I’d think? Are you home 2nd leg?

Edited by sbcmfc

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

See Nick Blackman formerly of Motherwell and Aberdeen scored for Maccabi Tel Aviv in that game to temporarily bring it level.

Not the easiest game out there, but certainly not the worst I’d think? Are you home 2nd leg?

Yes, think Celtic are home second. 

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

funny enough - he has Israeili citizenship, and can play for their national team  

20 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Aye we're at home second game, long as we score out there should be fine but should be able to nick a draw/win.  Cluj have a hopeless away record in Europe, so was surprised they managed to get through out in Israel