Europa League 19/20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

43 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Their season is already underway of course.   Enjoy the poro makera!

3rd bottom after 11 games. Hopefully not too much of a problem. 

I believe it’s the real home of Santa Claus. 

18 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

There’s now a preliminary round to get in to the 1st of 3 qualifying rounds, to get to the play off round. 😂

Nuts!

It's a ridiculous tournament that's got far, far too many teams playing in it. 

Bring back the UEFA Cup with it's forty teams divided amongst eight groups.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Thessalonkiki

Vitoria

Wolves

Budapest Honved

Esberg (Denmark)

Partizan Belgrade

We're going to get Wolves aren't we?

In the unlikely event you get through that round, you’ll have 2 rounds against champions league drop outs or 6th place from La liga or the likes before you get to the groups.

Absolute pish!

Decent second round draws (on paper) for Rangers and Aberdeen.  if Rangers beat Prishtina/St Joseph's they'll play either Cork City/Progres(shudder) or Cardiff MU.  If Aberdeen beat Rops they'll play either Fola Esch (Lux) or Chikhura Sachkhere (Geo).  Not so good for Killie who will play Partizan Belgrade if they progress the first round.

Just now, Slide tackle said:

Why? No chance of going through, Belgrades a shitehole and there support is a shambles atm. Might raise the game for Europe mind you but was only about 8k of them for there last derby vs Red Star.

As it's a big team, I liked Belgrade, it'll be sunny and stranger things have happened. They finished 3rd in the Serbian League, they aren't unbeatable.

Last time we played in the Balkans we put out Sarajevo.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As it's a big team, I liked Belgrade, it'll be sunny and stranger things have happened. They finished 3rd in the Serbian League, they aren't unbeatable.

Last time we played in the Balkans we put out Sarajevo.

Apart from Wolves and the Danish mob I would have thought the other destinations would have been more appealing?  Not to be Mr negative but a massive gulf in the quality of the Serbian/Croatian leagues compared to others in the Balkans, but never know.  However aye definitely a big club, knocking them out would surely give yous a seeded position in the next round should you manage to bet them.

8 minutes ago, Slide tackle said:

However aye definitely a big club, knocking them out would surely give yous a seeded position in the next round should you manage to bet them.

It would give them their seeding in next round, as draw is done between 1st and 2nd leg with seedings based on seeded team going through. However it wouldn’t carry to the following round, should they get that far.

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It would give them their seeding in next round, as draw is done between 1st and 2nd leg with seedings based on seeded team going through. However it wouldn’t carry to the following round, should they get that far.

Crazy thing the Scottish teams trying to get into the Europa League will likely need to beat tougher opposition than Celtic will trying to get into the Champions League

16 minutes ago, Slide tackle said:

Apart from Wolves and the Danish mob I would have thought the other destinations would have been more appealing?  Not to be Mr negative but a massive gulf in the quality of the Serbian/Croatian leagues compared to others in the Balkans, but never know.  However aye definitely a big club, knocking them out would surely give yous a seeded position in the next round should you manage to bet them.

Thessalonki looked good, their fans seem to have a habit of leathering visiting fans (even when not even playing them, ask Rangers last year) and was just as hard to get to.

Portugal was causing problems with flights as peak holiday season.

Budapest was my first choice but Belgrade 2nd.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Thessalonki looked good, their fans seem to have a habit of leathering visiting fans (even when not even playing them, ask Rangers last year) and was just as hard to get to.

Portugal was causing problems with flights as peak holiday season.

Budapest was my first choice but Belgrade 2nd.

Was PAOK hools Rangers ran into as opposed to Aris who you could have played, although I get your point not the safest trip Im sure Aris have active fans as well.  Belgrade should still be good although the reputation Partizan have might put a few of travelling? Even in the group stages few teams travel well to Belgrade.

5 minutes ago, Slide tackle said:

Was PAOK hools Rangers ran into as opposed to Aris who you could have played, although I get your point not the safest trip Im sure Aris have active fans as well.  Belgrade should still be good although the reputation Partizan have might put a few of travelling? Even in the group stages few teams travel well to Belgrade.

Going by Killie forums plenty are booking up!  I'd predict we'll take about 800-1,000. Going by my bus, I think there will be about 30-40 travel from our bus alone.

There's also 2 coaches going from Kaiserlautern!

Edited by Squirrelhumper

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Going by Killie forums plenty are booking up!  I'd predict we'll take about 800. Going by my bus, I think there will be about 30-40 travel from our bus alone.

There's also 2 coaches going from Kaiserlautern!

Outwith Köln the other season that must be one of the largest away supports to go there in a while. Impressive, lets hope no disasters await in Wales haha!