Europa League 19/20 - Page 58 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

See the Copenhagen player has been charged with police assault. Got to wonder what the cop was trying to do by attempting to stop a footballing matter. 

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/copenhagen-goalscorer-charged-with-police-assault-in-celtic-game?top

Should go for a hat trick like Paul McGowan.

What a joke, don’t know why the police and stewards were getting so involved.

Looked like one of the players just ran into a copper, but as others have said wasn’t fully in shot.

5 hours ago, Mox said:

Griffiths biggest contribution in the last few years has been tying scarves to goalposts for fuck sake. Rogic on the other hand has actually contributed on the pitch. Our support is full of folk with a hard-on for Griffith's primarily because he's 'one of us', but if we are turning to him to save us then we are fucked. 

As for Forster, he's been very good at times but let's be honest he's not as good as everyone makes out. His distribution is fucking woeful and he doesn't command the box. He was poor last night, had a couple of big one on ones and made it easy for the strikers.

Rogic has contributed next to nothing since securing the Treble in Rodgers first year. I'm not much of  a Griffiths fan, but there's only one between the two of them that is contributing these days.

5 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Wish I joined them. What a fucking miserable night. I would have probably enjoyed my night more if I was at a dinner party with the ghosts of Hitler, Thatcher and Harold Shipman.

Might have spoiled dinner for those 3 tho 😜

18 minutes ago, JECK said:

Surprised there's not calls for Lennon to go. Last 32 of europa league is poor for Celtic surely.

We've not been further than that in the UEFA cup since about 2004. Be surprised if anyone calls for a manger's head who's in with a real good chance of another treble. I didn't want Lennon and still think we could probably find better but this isn't a reason to sack him.

If Celtic don't win the league from this position, that'll be a reason to sack Lennon.  So far the UEFA cup is the only trophy that's been put in front of him that he's not won. If that's reason for giving him his jotters the games even more fucked than I thought.

29 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

If Celtic don't win the league from this position, that'll be a reason to sack Lennon.  So far the UEFA cup is the only trophy that's been put in front of him that he's not won. If that's reason for giving him his jotters the games even more fucked than I thought.

Failed to qualify for the champions league, going out to Cluj, which is surely a black mark?

Although I agree with you otherwise.

6 hours ago, Mox said:

Pure drivel with regards to Rogic, but that's what we as a nation do, we hound out gifted players that contribute and laud pricks like Griffith's who make quips about Huns etc, its fucking pathetic.

Either way, last night is going to take a while to get over, we'll never get a better opportunity to progress deep in Europe again for sometime, that's a fucking sickener.

Pure drivel? He’s not performed in years and as said he’s a sick note & empty shirt in Europe. Let’s stick to facts not some hard on you have for a player you hold in high esteem for some mysterious reason.....it’s certainly not a pure footballing achievement one.

4 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Istanbul Basak

On paper, they're no better than Copenhagen IMO. So if we're talking about poor results/performances against Copenhagen, then Celtic have probably thrown away a very good opportunity to reach the quarter-finals.

5 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers v Bayer Leverkusen.  Could have been better but could have been worse.

This. I do think Leverkusen are a step up from anyone Rangers have faced under Gerrard and they're on a very good run (since their winter break they've won all but one game, out of nine). Looking at the stats from their games against Porto, they seem to have fairly comfortably beaten them in both legs whereas I recall both of Rangers' games against them being broadly even - but it's the sort of tie where Rangers have nothing to lose.

2 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Was the same the last 2 years under Rodgers. Generally most cunts are happy with post-Christmas European fitba, no matter how short lived it is.

To be fair, we were unseeded in the last two seasons and played much more difficult teams in Zenit and Valencia, both of whom were streets ahead of Copenhagen. Last night was a dreadful result, not comparable to the previous two years In anyway.