Europa League 19/20 - Page 57 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

Did he? Did he touch the ball in those twenty minutes? I'm not sure he did.

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

You must have missed the bit when he nearly scored, great save by the keeper. Nip into the kitchen for a cuppa did ye? 

He was very unlucky not to score!

Great save by the keeper.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Yip, 8iar and 10 trophies in a row have spoiled a fair few. There's a sense of entitlement from some which is disappointing to see in our support, yet probably inevitable. 

It baffles me that you can defend Rogic who has done next to nothing for 2 years but are happy to slate Griff and Forster who have been terrific for us. Bizarre! 

Griffiths biggest contribution in the last few years has been tying scarves to goalposts for fuck sake. Rogic on the other hand has actually contributed on the pitch. Our support is full of folk with a hard-on for Griffith's primarily because he's 'one of us', but if we are turning to him to save us then we are fucked. 

As for Forster, he's been very good at times but let's be honest he's not as good as everyone makes out. His distribution is fucking woeful and he doesn't command the box. He was poor last night, had a couple of big one on ones and made it easy for the strikers.

Don’t know if any of you saw Kenny Millers comments from yesterday. Depressingly accurate.

The sad truth is, getting 1 round further than Celtic is the most important part for a lot of huns.

They’d happily get pumped in the last 16 if there was a Glimmer of Hope in the title race.

11 minutes ago, Mox said:

Griffiths biggest contribution in the last few years has been tying scarves to goalposts for fuck sake. Rogic on the other hand has actually contributed on the pitch. Our support is full of folk with a hard-on for Griffith's primarily because he's 'one of us', but if we are turning to him to save us then we are fucked. 

As for Forster, he's been very good at times but let's be honest he's not as good as everyone makes out. His distribution is fucking woeful and he doesn't command the box. He was poor last night, had a couple of big one on ones and made it easy for the strikers.

Listen,  Tam Rogic is an absolute dream of a player on his day, domestically unplayable at times. The problem is his day doesn't come around too often. Four years of his Celtic career has been laid to waste, 4 fuckin years man! Factor in his globetrotting for Australia and I'd cut him loose in the summer for a reasonable fee. He'll always be lauded for big goals against Rangers and 'that' goal against Aberdeen and rightly so but he is a serial sicknote and a virtual empty shirt in Europe. Much though I admire him he doesn't represent value any more. 

Your critique of Forster and Griffiths is just plain wrong imo so we'll just have to agree to disagree I'm afraid 👍

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

Listen,  Tam Rogic is an absolute dream of a player on his day, domestically unplayable at times. The problem is his day doesn't come around too often. Four years of his Celtic career has been laid to waste, 4 fuckin years man! Factor in his globetrotting for Australia and I'd cut him loose in the summer for a reasonable fee. He'll always be lauded for big goals against Rangers and 'that' goal against Aberdeen and rightly so but he is a serial sicknote and a virtual empty shirt in Europe. Much though I admire him he doesn't represent value any more. 

Your critique of Forster and Griffiths is just plain wrong imo so we'll just have to agree to disagree I'm afraid 👍

That’s probably the biggest issue, it’s easy for a half decent player to step up in the spfl, but when the big games come calling, they’re posted missing. Not specifically aimed at Celtic players either. 

43 minutes ago, slasher said:

Pure drivel with regards to Rogic, but that's what we as a nation do, we hound out gifted players that contribute and laud pricks like Griffith's who make quips about Huns etc, its fucking pathetic.

Either way, last night is going to take a while to get over, we'll never get a better opportunity to progress deep in Europe again for sometime, that's a fucking sickener.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

. Our support is full of folk with a hard-on for Griffith's primarily because he's 'one of us', but if we are turning to him to save us then we are fucked. 

He's as much one of us as Tom Rogic is, so that's a lot of shite. People back him because he's scored a lot of goals for us, and will continue to..

And as for turning to him to save us, who else would you have brought on instead when we needed a goal?

1 minute ago, Terry Munro said:

He's as much one of us as Tom Rogic is, so that's a lot of shite. People back him because he's scored a lot of goals for us, and will continue to..

And as for turning to him to save us, who else would you have brought on instead when we needed a goal?

Has the Polish boy had any game time?

19 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

That's my point though, Griffith's scoring record over the last 4 years has got worse and worse, he's clearly in decline, despite what a couple of reasonable games this side of Christmas tell you and he's the one we're turning to? That's tragic.

As for alternatives, we've just spent £3 million on a striker, where the fuck was he? 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

See the Copenhagen player has been charged with police assault. Got to wonder what the cop was trying to do by attempting to stop a footballing matter. 

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/copenhagen-goalscorer-charged-with-police-assault-in-celtic-game?top

The Police should be fucking ashamed of themselves, bunch of cretins.

32 minutes ago, Mox said:

Pure drivel with regards to Rogic, but that's what we as a nation do, we hound out gifted players that contribute and laud pricks like Griffith's who make quips about Huns etc, its fucking pathetic.

Either way, last night is going to take a while to get over, we'll never get a better opportunity to progress deep in Europe again for sometime, that's a fucking sickener.

I'm not going to slag off Rogic or get into a slanging match with you over it but...... Google his stats for the last 3 years. They don't back up your claim about his 'contribution'. 

1 minute ago, Terry Munro said:

What actually happened with the police? Banged into him while celebrating?

I've only seen it once but it looked like the cop was trying to stop the first boy from going in to the crowd to celebrate and the second Copenhagen player has then came rushing over and shoved him to the ground.  Not sure if it was a deliberate shove or just a coming together as the cameras didn't really catch it properly.

13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Probably ended any chance Scotland had of getting two places in the Champions league which means Rangers wont get a shot at it for at least another 10 years

Barring a miracle, Scotland will have 2 teams in the CL in 2021/22 season