Europa League 19/20 - Page 53 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

58 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

As good as Braga were in the first leg they were awful last night; very strange. Takes nothing away from Rangers though, totally deserved. 

The 1st hour at Ibrox compared to the rest of the tie was like watching two different Braga teams. Sublime to the utter pish. 

30 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

The 1st hour at Ibrox compared to the rest of the tie was like watching two different Braga teams. Sublime to the utter pish. 

I never seen any of the first leg, but judging by yesterday I was astounded they scored 2 at Ibrox and only conceded 3. The team looked incapable of stringing 6 passes together, and I've absolutely no idea how their manager was wanting them to play.

Still, you beat the teams in front of you and Rangers done so with relative ease.

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Eindhoven away in European cup maybe was as good if not better.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Off the top of my head Barcelona 72, Leeds 92, Marseilles 92 (a draw but went they went on to win the whole thing), Leverkusen 98, Lyon 07 & Sporting Lisbon 08 would all rank above it.

Ah, you’re both thinking of a previous club that died. I was talking about this new one you seem to be following.

I was just going through past performances and I realised we've not had two teams in the last sixteen on the Europa League/UEFA Cup since the 1986-87 season. 2007-08 was the last time we had two clubs in the last sixteen either UEFA competition. Both seasons we had a losing finalist.

20 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

First time a Scottish team has won home and away in a knockout stage in Europe for 18 years apparently. 

I'm guessing you mean won both legs of a tie (beyond the qualifying stages) - which would make it Celtic against Blackburn in the 2002-03 season. 😳

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

A very good win, probably the best by a scottish side for some time.

Shame the fans couldnt behave themselves

You surprised? Their fans are a disgrace.  No, Celtic beating Lazio in Rome was far superior. We would hump Braga.. Just sayin like.. 😉

5 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Doesn't need to be witty,  it's factual

You'll be able to point out then when the intangible assets ascribed value (history, etc.) were split from the other assets during the liquidation process then, prior to transfer? 

Or is it not actually factual 😉

11 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

The team looked incapable of stringing 6 passes together, and I've absolutely no idea how their manager was wanting them to play.

Never seen such a change in a team over two legs in my life, although the time we got hammered on MD2020 the night before an under 16's replay comes close.