Europa League 19/20 - Page 50 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's their level now.

They have a brilliant obsession with us just now, Clarke really rattled them. Was some cunt on daily record phone in gloating that we lost to Aberdeen as we had the cheek to celebrate winning against Rangers last week!

I take it Rangers won the Europa league going by the celebrations last night?

It's great watching them have these made up rivalries with smaller teams like Dundee United, cheering because they didn't get promotion etc. 

Looked like Barisic would be out for more than a week, so can’t see him being available for away leg, alongside the suspended Morelos.

Will be a struggle for them without those 2, as they’ve both been good in Europe, although Morelos didn’t have his best game last night.

I said early on last night, probably be an open game, can’t see a 0-0 over there either.

Showed a bit of something with the comeback last night. They probably got a better result than 2/3rds of their performance deserved, while Celtic should’ve been all but through.

Both capable of going through from position they’re in.

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Looked like Barisic would be out for more than a week, so can’t see him being available for away leg, alongside the suspended Morelos.

Will be a struggle for them without those 2, as they’ve both been good in Europe, although Morelos didn’t have his best game last night.

I said early on last night, probably be an open game, can’t see a 0-0 over there either.

Showed a bit of something with the comeback last night. They probably got a better result than 2/3rds of their performance deserved, while Celtic should’ve been all but through.

Both capable of going through from position they’re in.

Joe Aribo filled in at left back when we made the Barasic change and looked immense for 25 minutes.  

Definitely not saying we will go through but mentally for the tie that was massive last night to not only take a doing but come back and win. 

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Reading that out co-efficient has taken us up another place and we could go above Denmark if Celtic knock out Copenhagen. Does the whole 2 spots in the UCL mean we get to keep 3 in the Europa meaning 5th is potentially a European place from 20/21? 

We'll get five teams in Europe, but we won't have three in the Europa League due to the restructuring of European competitions. We'll have two in the Champions League, one the Europa League and two in the new Conference League.

30 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

We'll get five teams in Europe, but we won't have three in the Europa League due to the restructuring of European competitions. We'll have two in the Champions League, one the Europa League and two in the new Conference League.

I didn't think you had teams in both Europa league and the new diddy euro cup? Def confirmed?

11 hours ago, Tulli said:

Great turnaround from Rangers tonight against an exceptional team, probably the best technical team I have seen at Ibrox in many a year.  Of course there will be many “Scottish football fans” on this forum who will find a reason to slag Rangers but they will know themselves that it was one of the best comebacks by any Scottish side in Europe.  They will also know that their own teams would never be capable of a similar feat against quality opponents.   would sooner talk football than football politics so if anyone can highlight a better Scottish football comeback in Europe I will doff my hat.  Alternatively, you can resort to the usual “Hun” dross!

😴😴😴

What a fanny

11 hours ago, Tulli said:

Great turnaround from Rangers tonight against an exceptional team, probably the best technical team I have seen at Ibrox in many a year.  Of course there will be many “Scottish football fans” on this forum who will find a reason to slag Rangers but they will know themselves that it was one of the best comebacks by any Scottish side in Europe.  They will also know that their own teams would never be capable of a similar feat against quality opponents.   would sooner talk football than football politics so if anyone can highlight a better Scottish football comeback in Europe I will doff my hat.  Alternatively, you can resort to the usual “Hun” dross!

Well you did ask.

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

"They will also know that their own teams would never be capable of a similar feat against quality opponents"

That's because the majority on here will support teams with budgets that are a fraction of Celtic and the huns so it is hardly surprising, is it? One of the big reasons for that is that they follow their locals teams while the rest of the people in their towns support Celtic and the huns. The fact that you're too stupid to realise this or you do realise it but still want to gloat just shows you up as an insufferable cunt that a football debate is wasted on.

People like you make it easy to understand why Celtic and the huns are so hated. It's good to see you know your place now though, gloating to fans of provincial clubs while Celtic run riot

Excellent post and incredibly refreshing for a Celtic or Rangers fan to say this. 👍😊

7 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Excellent post and incredibly refreshing for a Celtic or Rangers fan to say this. 👍😊

Agreed - no issues with folk supporting Celtic or Rangers. It's their choice after all but it's always good when they understand the perspective of other fans. I mean, how dare Killie celebrating a win against Rangers last week, who've a budget 10x ours and who's fans spent last season singing about our manager being a fenian bastard!

I really can't understand why they can't understand why we'd find them fucking up the league last midweek as being funny!

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed - no issues with folk supporting Celtic or Rangers. It's their choice after all but it's always good when they understand the perspective of other fans. I mean, how dare Killie celebrating a win against Rangers last week, who've a budget 10x ours and who's fans spent last season singing about our manager being a fenian bastard!

I really can't understand why they can't understand why we'd find them fucking up the league last midweek as being funny!

Growing up and especially the early drinking years in and around boozers, it was always Celtic fans I found more fair and understanding of why us “diddy club” fans would think like this. There always seemed to be a lot of the “Get it right up you” pish from Huns. Cunts who no matter what just wanted to rub your pus in whatever. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's their level now.

They have a brilliant obsession with us just now, Clarke really rattled them. Was some cunt on daily record phone in gloating that we lost to Aberdeen as we had the cheek to celebrate winning against Rangers last week!

I take it Rangers won the Europa league going by the celebrations last night?

Europa League and SPL double so far this season for them. Some going. The treble still on.

3 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Growing up and especially the early drinking years in and around boozers, it was always Celtic fans I found more fair and understanding of why us “diddy club” fans would think like this. There always seemed to be a lot of the “Get it right up you” pish from Huns. Cunts who no matter what just wanted to rub your pus in whatever. 

At the time of your early drinking years most Celtic fans could still remember a time when their own club was still a bit of a "diddy club". Might have given them a wee bit of perspective?

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

At the time of your early drinking years most Celtic fans could still remember a time when their own club was still a bit of a "diddy club". Might have given them a wee bit of perspective?

What, those Celtic fans who lived through times of lifting the European Cup?

11 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Protestant Superiority Mentality, all bundled up into one phrase - We Are The People.

I used to take great delight in seeing Celtic beating Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, as well as ANY away win, in the 80's when things were more level. Nowadays its only putting Rangers back in their box gives me an interest. Well them and regular destruction's of Hearts to bring on another bout of Brassrubber seethe.

3 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Protestant Superiority Mentality, all bundled up into one phrase - We Are The People.

I used to take great delight in seeing Celtic beating Aberdeen and Dundee Utd, as well as ANY away win, in the 80's when things were more level. Nowadays its only putting Rangers back in their box gives me an interest. Well them and regular destruction's of Hearts to bring on another bout of Brassrubber seethe.

This for me too. I done give "get it up yous" to any other club expect them, and possibly the odd occasion to Hearts fans but only when actually at an away trip to Tynecastle. I have admiration for the rest actually and enjoy mixing with different club fans at Scotland games, and truth be told, if I hadn't been brought up a Celtic fan through my granda and dad then I'd be a Morton fan who most likely despised the big two.

Rangers more so, obviously, due to their unpleasantness.

5 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

This for me too. I done give "get it up yous" to any other club expect them, and possibly the odd occasion to Hearts fans but only when actually at an away trip to Tynecastle. I have admiration for the rest actually and enjoy mixing with different club fans at Scotland games, and truth be told, if I hadn't been brought up a Celtic fan through my granda and dad then I'd be a Morton fan who most likely despised the big two.

Rangers more so, obviously, due to their unpleasantness.

Ormond agrees. 😂

10 minutes ago, WCTA said:

What, those Celtic fans who lived through times of lifting the European Cup?

Aye.

At the time they won the European Cup they were just at the start of their dominant period. They had only had a couple of great seasons between 65 and 67. Prior to that, they had only won about 6 trophies in the previous 3 decades.

Folk often forget, or just don't realise, what a huge impact Jock Stein had on transforming Scottish football and Celtic in particular.

49 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I'd say that's more or less my experience but I grew up during 9IAR and Celtic were shite.

5 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Reading that out co-efficient has taken us up another place and we could go above Denmark if Celtic knock out Copenhagen. Does the whole 2 spots in the UCL mean we get to keep 3 in the Europa meaning 5th is potentially a European place from 20/21? 

2 in the champions league, 1 in europa league, 2 in conference league I believe 

8 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

"They will also know that their own teams would never be capable of a similar feat against quality opponents"

That's because the majority on here will support teams with budgets that are a fraction of Celtic and the huns so it is hardly surprising, is it? One of the big reasons for that is that they follow their locals teams while the rest of the people in their towns support Celtic and the huns. The fact that you're too stupid to realise this or you do realise it but still want to gloat just shows you up as an insufferable cunt that a football debate is wasted on.

People like you make it easy to understand why Celtic and the huns are so hated. It's good to see you know your place now though, gloating to fans of provincial clubs while Celtic run riot

Fuck me, did you leave yourself logged in on a public computer? 😜