Europa League 19/20 - Page 49 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

52 minutes ago, Tulli said:

Great turnaround from Rangers tonight against an exceptional team, probably the best technical team I have seen at Ibrox in many a year.  Of course there will be many “Scottish football fans” on this forum who will find a reason to slag Rangers but they will know themselves that it was one of the best comebacks by any Scottish side in Europe.  They will also know that their own teams would never be capable of a similar feat against quality opponents.   would sooner talk football than football politics so if anyone can highlight a better Scottish football comeback in Europe I will doff my hat.  Alternatively, you can resort to the usual “Hun” dross!

I’m only commenting because I’m out of reactions today, but

🤣🤣🤣

Dont be daft, who the fuck are Eintracht Frankfurt? They’re hardly a european super power like Braga 🙄

18 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Call me biased but Kilmarnock coming from 4 goals down to knock out Eintracht Frankfurt still tops the lot in my book...

3 hours ago, Tulli said:

Great turnaround from Rangers tonight against an exceptional team, probably the best technical team I have seen at Ibrox in many a year.  Of course there will be many “Scottish football fans” on this forum who will find a reason to slag Rangers but they will know themselves that it was one of the best comebacks by any Scottish side in Europe.  They will also know that their own teams would never be capable of a similar feat against quality opponents.   would sooner talk football than football politics so if anyone can highlight a better Scottish football comeback in Europe I will doff my hat.  Alternatively, you can resort to the usual “Hun” dross!

Magaluf 2002, 5 aside game, Scotland v England at the hotel, we came back from 5 goals down to win. 

5 hours ago, Tulli said:

Ah hes back to tell us how the tamb hates ramgers. Thanks, we needed reminding.

Because of your own blind ignorance you wont take any notice but rangers and some of their fans bring criticism on themselves. 

6 hours ago, Tulli said:

Aberdeen - Bayern Munich on way to winning European Cup winning 3-2 after being 0-1 and 1-2 down ? featuring Breitner, Aughethaler, Rumennigge, Hoenness

Although i would give it to Dundee Utd - 3-0 down after 1st leg against Borossia Moenchengladbach, then won 5-0 at Tannadice

Lets see what the 2 legged score is - both above teams went through 

Edited by euan2020

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

Thought we were in for a right hammering last night. Last 30 minutes showed we had real bottle. Hopefully we can kick on from here and have a strong end run leading up to the split. Lots of players not hitting it at the moment. Kent, Morelos, Kamara and Davies in particular. 

Were rangers worth the win, they were barely in it at 2 nil down which is when i turned off

1 minute ago, euan2020 said:

Aberdeen - Bayern Munich on way to winning European Cup ? featuring Breitner, Aughethaler, Rumennigge, Hoenness

Although i would give it to Dundee Utd - 3-0 down after 1st leg against Borossia Moenchengladbach, then won 5-0 at Tannadice

Lets see what the 2 legged score is - both above teams went through 

And one of them won the whole tournament. 

Tulli posts once every 6 months or so and its always to remind us how anti rangers the tamb is. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Were rangers worth the win, they were barely in it at 2 nil down which is when i turned off

We had chances but they were better in every department.  They could have been 4-0 before we scored. Their defence is dodgy though. That was their first defeat in 10 games. In that run they have been Porto home and away, Benfica away and Sporting. 

10 hours ago, slasher said:

Really sloppy stuff at both ends of the pitch at times from us but happy to take 1-1 in the end 👍

Thought we were good going forward but defensively, in the second half in particular we were a shambles. The midfield 3 were dreadful, McGregors worst game for a long time. His decision not to pass to Edouard on the break was absolutely shocking.

Second half it was clear the manager wanted us to sit back which was the total of opposite of the first and we were punished for it. Hopefully he learns from it and as you say 1-1 is a decent result.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Thought we were good going forward but defensively, in the second half in particular we were a shambles. The midfield 3 were dreadful, McGregors worst game for a long time. His decision not to pass to Edouard on the break was absolutely shocking.

Second half it was clear the manager wanted us to sit back which was the total of opposite of the first and we were punished for it. Hopefully he learns from it and as you say 1-1 is a decent result.

The decision making and finishing going forward cost us although their keeper had a fine night and without him we could have been 3 up. Ajer has been a bomb scare for weeks and needs dropped. I actually thought he was poor at todders until he moved to RB. 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I only watched the last 30 but Rangers did very well. Got a few breaks but took their chances. Feel they might need a couple away to go through.

If Braga play such a high line again the huns will score over there. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Surprised its not been mentioned but there was only one scotsman in the rangers line up last night. 2 finished the game as stewart came on with 17mins to go.

We don't really have that many Scots in the first team squad and certainly not usually many in a starting XI so it's not that surprising.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Good results for both Old Firm sides.

Can't see Rangers going through though as don't think Braga will make the same mistake twice over there.

I'd agree however doubt we can be as poor as we were for the first hour last night.  Some of our best performances this season have been away from home in Europe.  It'll be interesting to see how he changes it with Morelos missing.  I'd be dropping David and Kamara for Aribo and Jack and probably Kamberi up front although I've a feeling he'll go for Defoe if fit.

8 hours ago, Tulli said:

"They will also know that their own teams would never be capable of a similar feat against quality opponents"

That's because the majority on here will support teams with budgets that are a fraction of Celtic and the huns so it is hardly surprising, is it? One of the big reasons for that is that they follow their locals teams while the rest of the people in their towns support Celtic and the huns. The fact that you're too stupid to realise this or you do realise it but still want to gloat just shows you up as an insufferable cunt that a football debate is wasted on.

People like you make it easy to understand why Celtic and the huns are so hated. It's good to see you know your place now though, gloating to fans of provincial clubs while Celtic run riot

32 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

"They will also know that their own teams would never be capable of a similar feat against quality opponents"

That's because the majority on here will support teams with budgets that are a fraction of Celtic and the huns so it is hardly surprising, is it? One of the big reasons for that is that they follow their locals teams while the rest of the people in their towns support Celtic and the huns. The fact that you're too stupid to realise this or you do realise it but still want to gloat just shows you up as an insufferable cunt that a football debate is wasted on.

People like you make it easy to understand why Celtic and the huns are so hated. It's good to see you know your place now though, gloating to fans of provincial clubs while Celtic run riot

That's their level now.

They have a brilliant obsession with us just now, Clarke really rattled them. Was some cunt on daily record phone in gloating that we lost to Aberdeen as we had the cheek to celebrate winning against Rangers last week!

I take it Rangers won the Europa league going by the celebrations last night?