Europa League 19/20 - Page 45 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

35 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Morelos is a superb player. That cannot be denied. Thought a draw was a fair result. We were battered in the first half. Surely we can secure a draw at home in the last game?

40/50 million is hyperbole pish, in the hope somebody will over bid at 30/35 mil but anyone trying to deny that he isn't worth atleast the same as Eduaord or what Dembele went for needs aff the glue. The man is currently the joint top scorer in the Europa League group stages and has 24 goals this season in 20 starts and 8 sub appearances. The actual levels he has gone up this season is phenomenal. Morelos and Eduaord will end up at good clubs, for great money if they keep it up until the summer.

With our draw and Celtics win we are now fifteenth in the coefficient. 

APOEL are 2 up and this win will put them through so we need to keep an eye on them as they are just .125 behind us in 16th

Slavia Praha are out and we are 1.175 behind Czech Republic in 13th. They are away to Dortmund in their final game, so that should be the end of their points.

Kobenhavn are winning away to Lugano, that probably sees them through and Denmark will be 1.125 ahead if results stay the same in 14th.

Greece and Serbia have one game shootout in the last match day for who goes into the knockout stages of the Europa League. Partizan are out for Serbia. Serbia are 1.125 behind us and Greece are .825 behind us, Greece are closer but they have a 5 team season so wins are .400 and draws are .200 instead 

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

59 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Morelos is a superb player. That cannot be denied. Thought a draw was a fair result. We were battered in the first half. Surely we can secure a draw at home in the last game?

Aye, Rangers barely got out their own half in 1st half. Feyenoord missed 2 real sitters and Mcgregor had a decent save.

Nipped out for half an hour at HT and came back as they went 2-1 up.

Morelos has clearly done some serious work on his attitude/temper/petulance  and looks very much in control of himself now. He’s still manage to keep a slight edge, so he’s still a prick but doesn’t get carded all the time. 😂

I’d thought he’d lose something without that side, but if anything he looks better just focusing on the football.

Rangers have said they won’t sell in January, but if ever a team is going to panic buy a goal scorer for over the odds, it’s in January....

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Aye, Rangers barely got out their own half in 1st half. Feyenoord missed 2 real sitters and Mcgregor had a decent save.

Nipped out for half an hour at HT and came back as they went 2-1 up.

Morelos has clearly done some serious work on his attitude/temper/petulance  and looks very much in control of himself now. He’s still manage to keep a slight edge, so he’s still a prick but doesn’t get carded all the time. 😂

I’d thought he’d lose something without that side, but if anything he looks better just focusing on the football.

Rangers have said they won’t sell in January, but if ever a team is going to panic buy a goal scorer for over the odds, it’s in January....

"Say you won't sell" is basically we don't want to sell but if you offer over the odds we will think about it and hope to get even more out of you. His fee is probably 20-25 million but setting up that you won't sell and maybe having European football after Christmas and hopefully still close to Celtic means you have to go over the odds to get him. if 30 mil somehow comes in (in Jan), he is off, anyone who thinks he'd remain at rangers, for that price and the league title means more is an idiot, and needs a reality check. 

The same goes for when you are buying his replacement though.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Actually a good point. Undoutably we would lose the league, but 65m would secure us to after the next transfer window 😎

• 2 weeks later...

Games to watch out for

13 - Denmark 1.125 behind

Kobenhavn vs. Malmo. Avoid defeat and they are through. They are unbeaten so I would expect them to atleast draw and go through.

14 - Czech Republic 0.925 behind

Slavia are away to Dortmund who are chasing qualification and Slavia are already out. I'd be very surprised if they took anything.

16 - Cyprus 0.125 ahead

APOEL are through and host Sevilla at home. Both sides are through (Sevilla guaranteed top), so it could play out to nothing. Sevilla have won 5 out of 5 and could want to get 6 out of 6.

17 - Greece 1.075 ahead

Olympiacos are at home to Red Star Belgrade in a straight shoot out for the 3rd place Europa League drop down. Olympiacos looked a lot better side than Red star in their last encounter but lost after going down to 10. Olympiacos would probably do better than red star in the knockouts, so a draw with red star going through would probably be better for us

18 - Serbia 1.375 ahead

Red star mentioned above.

Partizan out and at home to Astana. Probably a win.

19 - Croatia 1.500 ahead

Dinamo Zagreb are at home to man city. Dinamo are currently 3rd, with second place Shaktar at home to Atalanta. If Atalanta defeat shaktar and Dinamo fail to defeat man city, then Dinamo would be out. To go through to the champions League knockout stages, Dinamo would need to defeat man city and shaktar would have to draw or lose against Atalanta. I feel Zagreb will get a draw and probably go into the Europa League knockout stages.

For Scotland, I doubt Celtic will put out a strong team, as they are guaranteed top and will probably lose or draw to Cluj, to put out Lazio.

For Rangers, if Porto fail to win, then Rangers are through regardless of their result. I doubt Porto will drop points against Feyernord at home. Young boys know they need to come and win at Ibrox, the only way they get through with a draw is if Feyernord defeat Porto. Rangers are unbeaten at home in Europe under Gerrard, so I'd say a draw is a likely result, if young boys push for a win then I could see rangers countering and picking up the win.

7 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Wonder if Parklife will come on to congratulate??  Get it round ye son.  A wee provincial side who got lucky with a manager who was an ex Ranger (just like the current one) Get it round ye kid.  Rangers and Glenlivet forever.

I suspect Jack's red card will be Parkie's highlight of the game :)