Europa League 19/20 - Page 42 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

6 hours ago, Fearghal O’Flaherty said:

This could Amsterdam or anywhere, Sunderland or Rome Celtic fans get battered, everywhere they go

What kind of sad bastard are you? 

Away and wank into your sock again. It's the only thing you're good at. 

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Aye I would agree with most of that although I do think we have improved away from home. I fancy us to get another 4 points to get out of this group but I doubt any of them will come tonight. 

Id agree with this. 

Heard a stat that Celtic haven't ever won in Italy. Is that right? Seemed unlikely but I obviously don't know the details. 

20 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Heard a stat that Celtic haven't ever won in Italy. Is that right? Seemed unlikely but I obviously don't know the details. 

I’m sure they’ve rolled out the stats before and Scottish clubs have a horrendous record in Italy.

Only victory I can think of is Rangers v Fiorentina, and that was a draw on the night.

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m sure they’ve rolled out the stats before and Scottish clubs have a horrendous record in Italy.

Only victory I can think of is Rangers v Fiorentina, and that was a draw on the night.

I think Rangers have had two draws and a win in Italy.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

I think Rangers have had two draws and a win in Italy.

Livorno? Did they beat them?

Did they get a draw in a closed doors game at the San Siro? The one where the suits were singing. 😂

Sure they’ve been rode by Parma and juve possibly a couple of times each?

Have a vague recollection of Celtic getting some sort of result against ac Milan in the Martin o’neill era.

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Did they get a draw in a closed doors game at the San Siro? The one where the suits were singing. 😂

Have a vague recollection of Celtic getting some sort of result against ac Milan in the Martin o’neill era.

We beat Livorno 2-3 under PLG. Think that must be the only time a Scottish team has won away in Italy since it was the first time it had happened.

Celtic beat AC but was in Glasgow. Was it not Nakamura era so under Strachan though?

Morelos, Edouard, Helander all just one booking away from a suspension tonight.

Edited by Dapo Mabude

1 minute ago, AndyDD said:

Didn't Strachan get a 0-0 in Milan after 90 mins, only to lose in extra time, in the CL last 16? 

Just looked it up. 0-0 in both 90s of the two legs then lost 1-0 in ET at San Siro.

Their win was the season after in the group stage and was under Strachan:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7019611.stm

14 minutes ago, Dapo Mabude said:

Just looked it up. 0-0 in both 90s of the two legs then lost 1-0 in ET at San Siro.

Their win was the season after in the group stage and was under Strachan:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7019611.stm

Ah, nice one. That's a decent showing, albeit not a win. Stat about rarely ever winning in Italy is likely right, then (the win the following year was at home, eh?) Suppose it isn't surprising. Pretty decent at the auld fitba, are the Italians. 

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

A point would be a good result for both sides given the opposition, but Rangers probably need a win tonight if they want to get through.

If we draw 0-0 tonight and then get a draw in Rotterdam + beat YB at Ibrox then there are only one set of results of out 27 possible that put us out.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Think they drew with Torino on the way to winning the CWC?

I'm not concerned about our record in Italy. I'm more concerned about Immobile playing.... he looked class when he came on at CP. However Lazio are now up to 4th in Serie A and I'd imagine the prospect CL football would be a priority for them. It'll be interesting to see what team they put out. 

Porto looked very ordinary a couple of weeks ago but playing on the counter in Glasgow might suit them better. I can see a draw there or maybe the huns edging a win. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I'm not concerned about our record in Italy. I'm more concerned about Immobile playing.... he looked class when he came on at CP. However Lazio are now up to 4th in Serie A and I'd imagine the prospect CL football would be a priority for them. It'll be interesting to see what team they put out. 

Porto looked very ordinary a couple of weeks ago but playing on the counter in Glasgow might suit them better. I can see a draw there or maybe the huns edging a win. 

Immobile is playing, so it's going to be a real test for the Celtic defence tonight.