Europa League 19/20 - Page 41 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

Celtic been charged by UEFA over “illicit chants and banners” at the Lazio game.

😂

They have the moral high ground on this one, although as always they’ve probably gone a bit far, they’ve also put a target on the backs of Celtic fans travelling to Rome.

The foreign office have warned fans travelling not to wear club colours. 😂

I love how these folk are so detached from reality they think Celtic fans have other clothes. 😜

53 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Celtic been charged by UEFA over “illicit chants and banners” at the Lazio game.

😂

This line from Chris McLaughlin on twitter is a bit mental...

"Relates to Europa League match via Lazio where some fans displayed banner of former Italian wartime leader, Benito Mussolini hanging upside down."

Former Italian wartime leader :lol:

35 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

This line from Chris McLaughlin on twitter is a bit mental...

"Relates to Europa League match via Lazio where some fans displayed banner of former Italian wartime leader, Benito Mussolini hanging upside down."

Former Italian wartime leader :lol:

The replies are brilliant. 😂

Fred and Rose West, keen gardeners.

Former GP Harold Shipman....

32 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Celtic supporter stabbed in Rome by Lazio ultras. Dirty fuckin scum Italian bastards.. 👹👹👹👹👹👹👹👹

I hope you fucking hammer those horrible bastards. They make the Huns seem angelic at times. 

1 hour ago, Fearghal O’Flaherty said:

This could Amsterdam or anywhere, Sunderland or Rome Celtic fans get battered, everywhere they go

How long you been waiting for to post that Ron 🙄

Seriously if the mods don't start to do something about these multiple accounts this board is finished. 

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

How long you been waiting for to post that Ron 🙄

Seriously if the mods don't start to do something about these multiple accounts this board is finished. 

its better to assume the mods don't give a shit anymore. I think they've taken on the board and then decided its too much for them to cope with. 

5 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

The banner knitters have a lot to answer for - they will be tucked up in the weeg whilst decent fans get attacked

Lot of pish. Fans are always attacked in Rome, the banner made no difference and they were quite right to ridicule fascism and a section of Lazio fans obsession with it.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

its better to assume the mods don't give a shit anymore. I think they've taken on the board and then decided its too much for them to cope with. 

Aye your probably right. 

Anybody want to talk about the actual games? 

Not too confident about tonight purely because Lazio looked a better side a couple of weeks ago . To be honest I'd take a point right now 👍

Edited by slasher

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

Lot of pish. Fans are always attacked in Rome, the banner made no difference and they were quite right to ridicule fascism and a section of Lazio fans obsession with it.

The banners might’ve heightened tensions, but agree, although surely the second part is a bit pot/kettle given a section of Celtic fans obsession with the IRA....

Just now, slasher said:

Aye your probably right. 

Not too confident about tonight purely because Lazio looked a better side a couple of weeks 6. To be honest I'd take a point right now 👍

I an't see Celtic getting anything more than a draw. Its a rarity for me but I watched some of the previous encounter and I though Celtic were lucky, well maybe not lucky but a draw would have been fair. Celtic's away record isn;t great either

If Lazio are up for it, I think they will win by at least 2. 

You never know, Celtic might put in a great shift and come away with a point which I am sure most would have settled for when the group was announced

I can’t see Porto being as bad tonight as they were in the 2nd half over there.

Be a tough night for Celtic too.

A point would be a good result for both sides given the opposition, but Rangers probably need a win tonight if they want to get through.

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I an't see Celtic getting anything more than a draw. Its a rarity for me but I watched some of the previous encounter and I though Celtic were lucky, well maybe not lucky but a draw would have been fair. Celtic's away record isn;t great either

If Lazio are up for it, I think they will win by at least 2. 

You never know, Celtic might put in a great shift and come away with a point which I am sure most would have settled for when the group was announced

Aye I would agree with most of that although I do think we have improved away from home. I fancy us to get another 4 points to get out of this group but I doubt any of them will come tonight. 

13 minutes ago, slasher said:

Aye your probably right. 

Not too confident about tonight purely because Lazio looked a better side a couple of weeks ago . To be honest I'd take a point right now 👍

I think it will be tough aye, too often in these games Brown and McGregor are over run, they need to be disciplined and get the ball forward to Edouard and the wingers as quickly as possible.

I think a tough night awaits both, expecting better from Porto and Lazio, albeit Lazio probably merited a draw at Parkhead. 

Anything out of either game would be a big positive. I'm thinking Rangers 1-3 Porto and Celtic 0-2 Lazio. 

Edited by AndyDD