Europa League 19/20 - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Disagree on Flanagan, he was like the invisible man.  Didn't contribute a single thing all night.....

Disagree on Flanagan (hahaha was Barisic - oops), he did his job, been consistent recently when playing, one of the only ones that has.

Edited by Emoji

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I thought Morelos was fantastic last night.  Didn't score but his hold up play was superb and he bullied their back 4 all night.

I agree, he did play well but he should have been subbed as he was dead on his feet. 

3 hours ago, Emoji said:

100%.  Jack, Kamara, Arfield and Morelos could hardly move towards the end.  Absolutely goosed.

Mcgregor was brilliant as usual, Tav was crap, has been all season, Goldson was ok, but got caught a few times, Helander did ok, Flannigan was good, Davis was ok, Kamara was ok until mid way through 2nd half, Jack the same, Arfield was poor, touch, passing all poor, Ojo was shite for majority of game, Morelos was poor, far too greedy, thinks he is Van Basten sometimes.

I thought Helander was very solid and better than Goldson. Tavernier was fine although they did get the ball in behind him regularly. Jack is supposed to cover that but he struggled in the second half. 

Overall it was a decent performance but we really need to start taking more of our chances or it's going to cost us. 

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of big games tonight.

6 points from 6 would be massive for the huns, especially if 3 of those points come from the pot 2 team away. Big test though, with or without Young Boys reported injuries.

Celtic need to beat Cluj to realistically have any chance of getting out the group. Given that we've come on a wee bit since the qualifying game, I'd be surprised if we didn't win.

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Couple of big games tonight.

6 points from 6 would be massive for the huns, especially if 3 of those points come from the pot 2 team away. Big test though, with or without Young Boys reported injuries.

Celtic need to beat Cluj to realistically have any chance of getting out the group. Given that we've come on a wee bit since the qualifying game, I'd be surprised if we didn't win.

I think if Rangers are going to qualify, they'll need to get at least a point tonight. A win would take them six points clear of Young Boys and would give them the head-to-head advantage ahead of the final game at Ibrox.

Celtic do need to beat Cluj, although after their win against Lazio makes me question if they may turn out to be the most difficult team to beat in the group. I don't think Lazio played their strongest XI against Cluj either, so they may do worse than everyone thinks.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Don't think we'll win tonight as we continue to struggle on plastic pitches.  I'd settle for a draw.  Think Celtic will win relatively comfortably this time round although I did think that the first time!

Pretty much echoes my thoughts on the games tonight. 

36 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought Rangers weren’t taking any tickets tonight?

Im guessing in that case the rangers fans there have got their tickets from young boys, so can treat it like an SPFL game and sing what they like.

😜

Exactly. Rangers didn't take any tickets but Young Boys decided to sell to anyone turning up and have set aside a section for them too. 

Rangers are probably safe from sanction as they aren't "officially" Rangers fans, if you know what I mean. 

6 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Back to 1-1, sounded like a soft goal to concede

It was soft as keech. Tavernier not defending properly at all. 

Also just been denied a stonewall penalty. 

Ref could be Scottish, it was that bad. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Exactly. Rangers didn't take any tickets but Young Boys decided to sell to anyone turning up and have set aside a section for them too. 

Rangers are probably safe from sanction as they aren't "officially" Rangers fans, if you know what I mean. 

I said at the time, they’d played a blinder with that.

Self imposed sanction that costs them nothing and has the bonus of absolving them of responsibility for their idiot fans.