Europa League 19/20 - Page 31 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

31 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Just to be devils advocate, turning down an away allocation costs Rangers nothing and as a bonus absolves them of any responsibility for fans they know will travel anyway.

Presumably in the hope that them taking action avoids a stadium closure, which at a conservative estimate (50,000 x £20) would cost them £1million.

Still good to see them take action and speak out strongly.

Nothing as yet has come out about Legia sanctions (UEFA apparently have used uploaded clips to Twitter) so a stadium closure may still happen.  I suspect if we go through this will happen or if we don't we get a suspended sentence for next season.

1 minute ago, ger intae them said:

and rangers know this, so what may appear proactive is purely designed to appear that way to the authorities, and will be rolled out as example of previous action taken when the next breach occurs. 

Damned if we do, damned if we don't!

1 hour ago, ger intae them said:

and rangers know this, so what may appear proactive is purely designed to appear that way to the authorities, and will be rolled out as example of previous action taken when the next breach occurs. 

I think that’s exactly what’s going on.

Rangers have nothing to lose with this one, as I detailed earlier, if it helps them dodge a stadium ban they’ve played a blinder.

Only way it will come back to bite them is if they get through tonight and get a plum away draw as their 1st group game.

Brown ahead of Ntcham continues to puzzle me and Button at centre half has been happening in qualifiers for what feels like a lifetime, it's astonishing he's still there.

I didn't see much from AIK last week, but they've a decent record and we can deal with the inevitable fast start they'll go for in the first half, they'll tire and we'll win. If we go in at HT behind, we could be in trouble.

22 minutes ago, Mox said:

Brown ahead of Ntcham continues to puzzle me and Button at centre half has been happening in qualifiers for what feels like a lifetime, it's astonishing he's still there.

I didn't see much from AIK last week, but they've a decent record and we can deal with the inevitable fast start they'll go for in the first half, they'll tire and we'll win. If we go in at HT behind, we could be in trouble.

We’ll score however we’ll also concede. It’s how many that’s the worry.

29 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Gaza’s in the sun today saying the bigotry and nonsense has to stop. 

The man that played an imaginary flute at a game. 

Wanker. 

Convicted racist....irony. What a total delusional cunt of a man he is. 

6 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Qarabag have scored a late second (87th minute) against Linfield to make it 2-0 on the night and 4-3 on aggregate. Linfield were pushing for a late equaliser to win the tie.

Linfield got one back, but lose on away goals.