Europa League 19/20 - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Will the people bring out other coloured strips to pay homage to other nationalities? 

There was a pope inspired third strip about to get launched during the Lorenzo Amoruso years but it was halted just before production. Not sure what happened. 

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

There was a pope inspired third strip about to get launched during the Lorenzo Amoruso years but it was halted just before production. Not sure what happened. 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

A nice green Northern Ireland themed top would go down nicely. 

😂😂😂😂

19 hours ago, thplinth said:

lol.

Are you back with the 56 years old pish again you mad little ***t. (Is that better for you.) How you think you know how old I am is a mystery only a complete ***t like you would ever dream up.

All i see is you on here, grandstanding every argument, acting the little-big man, trying to arbitrate rows, likes your opinion matters a fuck...

**** off you boring ***k.

Pleasing, thanks for proving my point.

Re your age, you gave it away yourself on 'the number 1s the year you were born' thread some months ago.

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Pleasing, thanks for proving my point.

Re your age, you gave it away yourself on 'the number 1s the year you were born' thread some months ago.

See and everyone said i was mad when i mentioned it was daft to partially dox yourself online by answering such questions.

Folk do go and look up stuff about posters as shown here.

10 minutes ago, phart said:

See and everyone said i was mad when i mentioned it was daft to partially dox yourself online by answering such questions.

Folk do go and look up stuff about posters as shown here.

Nobody had to look anything up Phart.

The song he chose for the year of his birth shouted volumes at the time.

Edited by Barney Rubble

11 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Were did you get this information or are you just telling lies?

Like the lies I told when Macy asked for proof?  Unfortunatelty it landed in court where the ref had his family threatened.  Never really heard from Macy since by a strange coincidence. nolies heare kid.  Just facts. Roll on next Sunday when the Gers hump them as usual and the victims complain about the referee.  As usual.  Cannytakeit.com.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Like the lies I told when Macy asked for proof?  Unfortunatelty it landed in court where the ref had his family threatened.  Never really heard from Macy since by a strange coincidence. nolies heare kid.  Just facts. Roll on next Sunday when the Gers hump them as usual and the victims complain about the referee.  As usual.  Cannytakeit.com.

Don't understand your reply but won't ask you to elaborate. Cheers

2 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Don't understand your reply but won't ask you to elaborate. Cheers

Macy was on here saying not one celtic fan had been charged and was asking for proof..  Then it was in the papers.  Never heard Macy apologise.  That's all.  Anyway, If you are wrong you are wrong.  Thplinh bhoy accused me yesterday of being rude to a boy called Rossy.  Never heard of him and never heard back as way of an apology from thplinth.  But hey ho.  It takes all sorts.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

So the europa league................ hopefully celtic and the reincarnated club get papped out before the groups

I think Celtic are skating on thin ice - they were insipid v AIK. So the usual first goal is important assessment from me.

Same applies to Sevco, but I'll be astounded if they do not go through. Gerrard has clearly made them a lot less flimsy in his year in office,.

That discipline should see them through.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

Was it the naivety of youth or was the uefa and cup winners cup genuinely exciting in ways the Europa league will never be?

I dont think it was the naivety of youth. 

These competitions were exciting and competitive because they didnt allow 3 or 4 teams from the best, I mean the richest leagues in europe.

Look at this years CL and let's use England and spain as the example. Man city would compete in the EC with Barca and bayern, the best of each country. Then liverpool, spurs and chelsea would compete in the UEFA cup against real, madrid, Atletico etc. The uefa was often harder to win because a team could be facing the champions or champions elect of another country.

No it's a closed shop whilst the Europa is treated as a hindrance because certain leagues have so much money.

I dont watch either competition nowadays, not even the finals. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Was it the naivety of youth or was the uefa and cup winners cup genuinely exciting in ways the Europa league will never be?

European Cup as well.   These days it's a waste of time and only designed to sell pay TVs subscriptions until New Year.  Gets interesting when it comes to the knockout phases but even that's slightly spoiled by the domination of two or three leagues.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I think Celtic are skating on thin ice - they were insipid v AIK. So the usual first goal is important assessment from me.

Same applies to Sevco, but I'll be astounded if they do not go through. Gerrard has clearly made them a lot less flimsy in his year in office,.

That discipline should see them through.

Agreed, I honestly think gerrard will give lennon a run for his money but will come up just short for the league. Gerrard hasn't done much but hes gaining experience each week and has made the huns difficult to beat and they score goals

Lennon is just lucky to have the vast talent and resources Celtic have.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I dont think it was the naivety of youth. 

These competitions were exciting and competitive because they didnt allow 3 or 4 teams from the best, I mean the richest leagues in europe.

Look at this years CL and let's use England and spain as the example. Man city would compete in the EC with Barca and bayern, the best of each country. Then liverpool, spurs and chelsea would compete in the UEFA cup against real, madrid, Atletico etc. The uefa was often harder to win because a team could be facing the champions or champions elect of another country.

No it's a closed shop whilst the Europa is treated as a hindrance because certain leagues have so much money.

I dont watch either competition nowadays, not even the finals. 

If you don't watch it why are you commenting on it?  Either competition.  Stick to netball in Hampshire kid.  Imagine posting on a football board then say you are not interested.  Laughable 🌙

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

European Cup as well.   These days it's a waste of time and only designed to sell pay TVs subscriptions until New Year.  Gets interesting when it comes to the knockout phases but even that's slightly spoiled by the domination of two or three leagues.

The whole competition is a waste if time. It's designed to keep certain teams at the top.

Ajax having to go through several qualifying rounds whilst spurs waltz through is an embarrassment to sporting integrity.

Sporting integrity..................remem er that 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

The whole competition is a waste if time. It's designed to keep certain teams at the top.

Ajax having to go through several qualifying rounds whilst spurs waltz through is an embarrassment to sporting integrity.

Sporting integrity..................remem er that 😂😂😂

If it is a waste of time then don't bother. Stick to the squash.