Europa League 19/20 - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

9 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

3-2 in the end - a late penalty giving Qarabag a second away goal. That might prove costly for Linfield, but they've shown that you can have some success with 'lesser' players.

Their keeper is Motherwell's 3rd choice who is on loan.

😱

10 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

3-2 in the end - a late penalty giving Qarabag a second away goal. That might prove costly for Linfield, but they've shown that you can have some success with 'lesser' players.

Qarabag will smash them in the next leg.  

Just spoken to a hun at work and said to him what a good result they’d had.

He replies that it’s not, they’d have been better getting beaten 1-0.

Have I missed something in my 40 years of following football or is it just Hun logic?

11 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Just spoken to a hun at work and said to him what a good result they’d had.

He replies that it’s not, they’d have been better getting beaten 1-0.

Have I missed something in my 40 years of following football or is it just Hun logic?

No not Hun logic, you just work with fuckwits.

Good result last night, Edouard was absolutely brilliant again, best player on the park by a country mile, his first touch is liquid football personified.

AIK were garbage mind you, wee number 8 in the middle was tidy but they showed no ambition what so ever. 

If we keep Edouard then he'll get that dumplin Lennon out of plenty of scrapes throughout the season.

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Decent results for both arse cheeks last night.

I think the huns might regret not scoring away though.

Some of them will regret Legia not scoring. 😂

Its a tricky one, as Rangers really need a 2 goal lead at Ibrox, can see a score draw and rangers out.

5 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Still can't believe how they showed little to no interest in actually playing yesterday. Dunfermline had more of a go.

I think they might be a different prospect over there. 

Still, plenty of positives last night. The only negatives were that we didn't manage a 3rd goal and Lennon continuing to ignore Sinclair in favour of Morgan 🙄

41 minutes ago, slasher said:

Still, plenty of positives last night. The only negatives were that we didn't manage a 3rd goal and Lennon continuing to ignore Sinclair in favour of Morgan 🙄

How is Morgan doing? I only saw him once and I liked his directness. Is he holding Sinclair out of the team on merit? Good for Scotland if he is but mostly I've heard it seems down to Lennon's poor team selection.

47 minutes ago, slasher said:

I was also very, very confused at the substitution of Edouard. He was running riot and 4 minutes rest is pretty negligible.

8 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

How is Morgan doing? I only saw him once and I liked his directness. Is he holding Sinclair out of the team on merit? Good for Scotland if he is but mostly I've heard it seems down to Lennon's poor team selection.

He's showed up reasonably well against the weaker sides but frankly at that level he looks miles off it. 

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

I was also very, very confused at the substitution of Edouard. He was running riot and 4 minutes rest is pretty negligible.

Yip, I'd agree on that yin 👍

17 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

He's rotten. The Sinclair situation is a very strange one.

11 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Legned.jpg

Don't see the issue.  Walter is a Leg Ned.  Chavvy tattoos etc.  It's why the club always made sure he wore smart slacks and brown brogues to try and cover it up but these things have a way of getting out.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-braced-bombshell-uefa-punishment-18991405

Rangers apparently face UEFA sanctions over sectarian singing according to the Daily Ranger/Rhebel.

If the story is true, it will get worse if UEFA are serious and they are only looking at St Joseph’s game now. 😂

They’ve played 5 Euro games since.

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-braced-bombshell-uefa-punishment-18991405

Rangers apparently face UEFA sanctions over sectarian singing according to the Daily Ranger/Rhebel.

If the story is true, it will get worse if UEFA are serious and they are only looking at St Joseph’s game now. 😂

They’ve played 5 Euro games since.

Now confirmed that a section of Ibrox will have to close.

SFA/SPFL take note.