Europa League 19/20 - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Decent watch

We scored some good goals and gave away some cheap ones. Should be through on that showing but will need to take the 2nd leg serious.

Poor result for the Don's. Even a 1-0 would have been recoverable but not sure they'll overcome 2. Still the last home game has to give them at least an outside chance. First goal in that game will be vital. 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

We scored some good goals and gave away some cheap ones. Should be through on that showing but will need to take the 2nd leg serious.

Poor result for the Don's. Even a 1-0 would have been recoverable but not sure they'll overcome 2. Still the last home game has to give them at least an outside chance. First goal in that game will be vital. 

Yeh, not the best from Aberdeen. Happy with the Rangers result because i had a bet on: over 3 goals (6 Scored) over 3 bookings (6 i think) and over 10 corners (11), happy day's.

37 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Aberdeen result is a sickener.

To anyone who watched it - was the result a fair reflection of the game?

Yes because Aberdeen set up to defend against a distinctly average team. Only Aberdeen fans can explain why they gave their manager an enhanced contract.

I watched a decent chunk of the 2nd half of the Aberdeen game, and despite being in relative control of the game, they were limited to shots from 35 yards that didn’t get off the deck and launching balls into an empty box.

Don't often agree with the ever cheerful Mox and Macy, but the description of percentage hoofball looks pretty accurate.

53 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Yes because Aberdeen set up to defend against a distinctly average team. Only Aberdeen fans can explain why they gave their manager an enhanced contract.

No we can’t, Aberdeen fans don’t dish out contracts to staff. 

Stuoid pen to give away, absolutely no doubt about it and young Campbell was caught flat footed for the 2nd. 

We rarely troubled them, but the same could be said for their attack, first goal is absolutely vital, if we get it, it’s game on and they can be beaten. 

If they do, game is dead. 

36 minutes ago, slasher said:

Who knows what goes on in the head of a mad hun? 

Not sure you're reading the tweet right Slasher. 😉

I'm never sure the stuff that Kerrydale Meltdown puts out is genuine because it's so off the wall. This one, however, doesn't make sense so it's obviously a real Bhoy tweeting. 😂

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

2 nil down now. Game over, we wont win by 3 against rejika at home

My post was probably a bit knee jerk, in all three ways matches in Europe weve been shite but at home weve played very well and played some decent football

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not sure you're reading the tweet right Slasher. 😉

I'm never sure the stuff that Kerrydale Meltdown puts out is genuine because it's so off the wall. This one, however, doesn't make sense so it's obviously a real Bhoy tweeting. 😂

That whole page is a hun doing a parody of made up quotes, unlike the follow follow meltdown pages where they provide links and screenshots to it genuinely being said by huns.

Being dreadfully humourless and absolutely shite at everything they do seems to be in the rangers DNA. Wouldn't surprise me if he writes the banners for the UB.

9 hours ago, Mox said:

I'm not wrong though, they've been playing the same for years, it's boring and predictable, I don't understand why Aberdeen fans put up with it. He seems to have once again assembled a decent squad of players and yet asks them to just get it wide and in the box, it's rotten stuff.

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

He’s spot on though. That cunt that’s in charge of you is masquerading as a manager. 

You both spout the same shite after every Aberdeen loss but are posted missing when they play well 

Aberdeen clearly have a problem travelling for european matches but the two home performances gives a glimmer of hope because they played well in both home ties.

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

That whole page is a hun doing a parody of made up quotes, unlike the follow follow meltdown pages where they provide links and screenshots to it genuinely being said by huns.

Being dreadfully humourless and absolutely shite at everything they do seems to be in the rangers DNA. Wouldn't surprise me if he writes the banners for the UB.

Sorry Terry but that's a real tweet by a real Celtic supporter. Someone else has retweet the original and the guys timeline is basically your run of the mill "Sevco bad!" shite with the occasional one about his own team. 

Folk like that, on both sides, need to either get laid or get locked up. 😂

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sorry Terry but that's a real tweet by a real Celtic supporter. Someone else has retweet the original and the guys timeline is basically your run of the mill "Sevco bad!" shite with the occasional one about his own team. 

Nope, its a parody account run by a Rangers fan.  No retweet involved. 

13 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Scottish to me kid. GLASGOW  Rangers. 4-2.  not finished yet though. Doing Scotland proud. Hope Don's get equaliser or go don't lose any more and attack at home.

Kid 🙄 tell the rest of your fanbase you're Scottish, take a Scottish flag to the game see how far that gets you 😂😂 

45 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Kid 🙄 tell the rest of your fanbase you're Scottish, take a Scottish flag to the game see how far that gets you 😂😂 

I dont have a fanbase as far as I know. Plenty of friend requests but that's a fanbase I do t think. I am not a superstar u know! Unless u are fan and could start one? I know parkie and vanderark would join for sure 😗

46 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I dont have a fanbase as far as I know. Plenty of friend requests but that's a fanbase I do t think. I am not a superstar u know! Unless u are fan and could start one? I know parkie and vanderark would join for sure 😗

You are fucking loltastic

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

You both spout the same shite after every Aberdeen loss but are posted missing when they play well 

Aberdeen clearly have a problem travelling for european matches but the two home performances gives a glimmer of hope because they played well in both home ties.

It was a poor performance and worryingly negative from McInnes given the new recruits and the way we have been playing.  That said, both goals were individual errors. They were a decent enough side but not much, if anything, between the teams. 

I think we've left ourselves too much to do and the issue will be not conceding.  

5 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I think we've left ourselves too much to do and the issue will be not conceding.  

You could almost predict the way the game is likely to pan out, Aberdeen batter them, lose a cheap goal on the counter and games a bogey.

They can come and sit in knowing Aberdeen need 3 goals, and if they can get something on the counter it’s finished.

6 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

🤣😂

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

👍👍👍👍 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I always thought it was someone lifting posts off of the Kerrydale fans forum although I've never looked that closely in to it.

👍👍  Tims just sweep it under yonder big carpet, like with everything else !!!

Edited by Emoji

4 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Nope, its a parody account run by a Rangers fan.  No retweet involved. 

Actually it's not. It's real tweets by real rockets. 

Have a look for yourself and you'll see. 

I can't link in the original tweet for some reason, maybe because I don't follow the author. 

Search twitter if you don't believe me. Should take you 2 minutes. 

Screenshot_20190809_123229_com.twitter.android.jpg