Europa League 19/20 - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

10 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Looking at updated coefficient rankings and seemingly Scotland's teams have the current highest cumulative coefficient points total for the 2019/20 season, considering many of the bigger nations have a lot of teams who won't have played yet.

Despite the setback with Kilmarnock I think that's quite good going as I make it 11 wins from 14 games (if I'm not mistaken)

Unfortunately we're still 19th with both Serbia and now Croatia dropping within touching distance, meaning Rijeka v. Aberdeen suddenly is an important fixture.

All 3 teams have difficult draws on paper, especially both Rangers and Celtic as Cluj and Midtyland (check spelling) have decent pedigree in Europe from recent years.

They're difficult, but I think they're all winnable. Looking at Midtjylland's record in recent seasons, they're beating teams who you'd be disappointed if Rangers lost to them and losing to teams who you'd not be too surprised if Rangers lost to them.

Cluj lost to a Luxembourg team last season, something a Scottish side would never do 🤨, but seem on a similar level to a typical Israeli or Norwegian side that Celtic would be used to playing at this stage.

Rijeka don't seem too different to when Aberdeen last played them. Aside from beating Salzburg on away goals a couple of seasons back (two draws), they've not really done anything of note in Europe in the last few years.

I think they're all games that you'd not be too surprised if the Scottish side lost, but not too surprised if the Scottish side won.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:11 AM, vanderark14 said:

Ca  anyone help with a problem?

I live in engerland,

When listening to sportsound live using tune in app or bbd radio player I lose coverage when a live game is on because of the rights or some other nonsense reason.

It works fine on my TV but not when on my phone 🤬

It would be good to be able to listen to live midweek games on my phone on the car journey home.

And suggestions?

Something that I do is go on the BBC website via the browser app and play the live audio on there. Keeps working when I leave the app (don't close it though).

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Slavia Prague await celtic if they beat cluj

Sheriff or AIK if they don't

Legia or Atromitos for Rangers and Larnaca or Gent for Aberdeen if they go through

Edited by in5omniac

10 minutes ago, in5omniac said:

Legia or Atromitos for Rangers and Larnaca or Gent for Aberdeen if they go through

The co-efficient fans should look at this as a good draw for scottish sides, personally I would rather see Rangers and Celtic get pumped 

I am sure one of the three remaining scottish sides will manage to fuck it up, I just hope its not Aberdeen

20 minutes ago, in5omniac said:

Probably the best draw Rangers and Aberdeen could've got once the draw groupings are taken into account.

7 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Probably the best draw Rangers and Aberdeen could've got once the draw groupings are taken into account.

Correct, we’ve already pumped Gent in 1983 too. 

Could be an omen that we’re going all the way.....

Every night and day.....

Very decent draws for the Dons and Rangers.

Really hope Aberdeen can do it and get in to the Group Stages. Rangers meh, good luck if they do and the coefficient points but I'll not lose sleep over them going out.

Celtic - decent but Slavia are a decent side, and Cluj will be a task as well.

Roll on Wed and Thur.

4 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Yep, agree. 

Considering we could have had Wolves..... 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Can they show that in the UK too?

Aye, they have had the UK rights to the home games so far as well. 9.99 a pop but at least the 'blue pound' goes to Rangers. And as crap as the commentary is it is better than Premier Sports attempt of the Progress game where they missed the start of the game and then didn't have any audio for a while.

Edited by theweestevie

42 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Aye, they have had the UK rights to the home games so far as well. 9.99 a pop but at least the 'blue pound' goes to Rangers. And as crap as the commentary is it is better than Premier Sports attempt of the Progress game where they missed the start of the game and then didn't have any audio for a while.

Does Mike Ashley get a share of the tv money 🤣🤣🤣