Europa League 19/20 - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

1 hour ago, Catchart Circle said:

no need to reach Belgrade where by all accounts they would embarassingly outnumber the Welsh support.

The match officials will probably outnumber the Welsh support!

6 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

The group's have been announced for the next round draw.

They might get the Nomads :lol:

3 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Shite for the Estonian mob that they might be playing the same team they've already knocked out in the first round :lol:

More than anything, that sums up the absolute shambles that European football has become.

4 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Good incentive knowing you'll be seeded for the final round if you can put the Croats out again. Providing you get through the Georgians obviously.

Quietly optimistic having avoided the big guns this time but both these toes are tough. Scottish clubs and our national side suck in eastern europe🤣

17 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Good incentive knowing you'll be seeded for the final round if you can put the Croats out again. Providing you get through the Georgians obviously.

Not sure if it's true but I've been told we wont be seeded if we win because we drew rijeka from the hat

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Not sure if it's true but I've been told we wont be seeded if we win because we drew rijeka from the hat

That surely can't be right?! Although knowing UEFA and how they complicate every draw it actually wouldn't surprise me. Haven't heard anyone reputable report on that so hopefully that's not the case.

2 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

That surely can't be right?! Although knowing UEFA and how they complicate every draw it actually wouldn't surprise me. Haven't heard anyone reputable report on that so hopefully that's not the case.

I hope so too. If its true then theres no incentive for clubs like ours, not even a glamour tie nowadays 

If Rangers can get passed Progres, surely to God, then we get the Danish mob Midtyland (although I think they spell it better). 

That's got to be a winnable tie compared to some of the others we could have had. 

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

If Rangers can get passed Progres, surely to God, then we get the Danish mob Midtyland (although I think they spell it better). 

That's got to be a winnable tie compared to some of the others we could have had. 

Yeah. I quite fancy Rangers to reach the play-off round.

I'd give Aberdeen a slightly under 50:50 chance vs Rejika. Fingers crossed we can pull off another upset.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. I quite fancy Rangers to reach the play-off round.

I'd give Aberdeen a slightly under 50:50 chance vs Rejika. Fingers crossed we can pull off another upset.

Rejika won't be pushovers but fingers crossed that Aberdeen have their shooting boots on for the next couple of rounds. 

It would be good to have all 3 of the Scottish teams in the Europa group stages.