Europa League 19/20 - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

29 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Anybody seen this guy or is he still in hiding 😂😂😂

I've been feeling sick to my stomach with the 'pure riddy' of Thursday. Couldn't bring myself to look at football reports or forums yesterday. 24 hours have passed, however, and I have 2 wee kids who have have changed my outlook towards Killie, Scotland and football in general. It's only a game. This is not how I felt about my team and football in general before my kids were born. I can understand why people need to take a break after a massive and embarrassing setback.

Well what can I say about Thursdays result utter disappointment the feel good factor that was around rugby park wiped out in 90 minutes 9000 at the game I guess it will be hard to get a lot of these fans back after that humiliating result but that’s fitba for you it’s the Scottish way I also hear that the players are not happy with Angelo Alessio training tactics apparently at la manga the players had a big fall out with the Italian 

45 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I've been feeling sick to my stomach with the 'pure riddy' of Thursday. Couldn't bring myself to look at football reports or forums yesterday. 24 hours have passed, however, and I have 2 wee kids who have have changed my outlook towards Killie, Scotland and football in general. It's only a game. This is not how I felt about my team and football in general before my kids were born. I can understand why people need to take a break after a massive and embarrassing setback.

Thursday was being a Scottish football fan in stereotypical fashion.  On a high then 90 minutes changes everything mate.  We should all know that by now.  But u are right.  It is only a game.  I sincerely hope Steve Clarks work is not undone this season.  Good luck 👍

There was an interesting pre match piece on Reporting Scotland speaking to fans buying tickets all saying how long they had waited for european action to return to Rugby Park. The feelgood factor was very much apparent ahead of the game.

Gaurenteed a 10,000 gate for the home game against Belgrade but that is all gone now.

The new manager was  massive gamble which looks already doomed to failure - but he does deserve longer to turn things around.

When all is said and done regardless of who the manager is the players on the park were more than good enough to defeat Nomads. Where were the leaders in the Killie team?

26 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

Where were the leaders in the Killie team?

Well exactly.  7 of the starting 11 have been in Scotland squads, our 2 Irish midfielders have been among the best in the league for the past couple of years. 

They should have taken care of that mob with ease, disagreements with the new boss or not.

But as long as we treat early European rounds as pre season friendlies you're going to get results like this.

20 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Well exactly.  7 of the starting 11 have been in Scotland squads, our 2 Irish midfielders have been among the best in the league for the past couple of years. 

They should have taken care of that mob with ease, disagreements with the new boss or not.

But as long as we treat early European rounds as pre season friendlies you're going to get results like this.

That last line, Kilmarnock should never be treating European games as pre season games. 

To try to bring a wee bit of perspective back for the poor Killie fans. Gordon Strachan's first European adventure with Celtic wasn't exactly a success, but he then went onto win the league there years in a row. 

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Killie are down in the relegation zone come November time.

Killie massively over achieved the last couple of seasons under Clarke. They will not be top six this season, but I don’t think they will be relegation candidates. I’ve never heard of the new manager, but he seems to have had a good career, with a good reputation, but sometimes things just don’t work out.

Not on here, but some Killie fans on P&B have been absolute utter cunts the last few seasons, at a Rangers fan level of smug entitled arrogance. 

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Were you at Easter road this night?

:shocked:

0_8751729.jpg

Losing 7-0 at home is embarrassing, yes, but let’s put things into perspective

Hibs never had any real expectations of progressing, we went more in hope than expectation. There certainly wasn’t fans about bragging booking up for a trip the in next round, if memory serves me it was Swansea City or Cardiff City

A team who finished bottom 6 that qualified for Europe through the preposterous flawed system the SFA had which meant Scottish Cup runners up took the place if the winners had already qualified

A two legged tie between a Hibs side who went on to be relegated that season against a against a full time professional outfit, Malmo, who went on to win a league and cup double 2 seasons on the trot and eventually made the Champions league group stages

A Hibs side who were at the start of their season with a squad containing dross like James McPake, Michael Nelson and Rowan Vine against a side who were half way through their season at top of their league containing the likes of Mikael Albornoz who went to the World Cup that season and won Copa América and other internationals like Emil Forsberg, Markus Hasti and Tokelo Rantie

Hibs v Malmo is nowhere near being the worst result in Scottish football history

Cant say I’m too gutted for Killie fans, the arrogance shown towards the opposition was of a similar ilk to how England fans react at Euros and World Cups. Fuck them

Edited by UpTheSlope

1 hour ago, UpTheSlope said:

Losing 7-0 at home is embarrassing, yes, but let’s put things into perspective

Hibs never had any real expectations of progressing, we went more in hope than expectation. There certainly wasn’t fans about bragging booking up for a trip the in next round, if memory serves me it was Swansea City or Cardiff City

A team who finished bottom 6 that qualified for Europe through the preposterous flawed system the SFA had which meant Scottish Cup runners up took the place if the winners had already qualified

A two legged tie between a Hibs side who went on to be relegated that season against a against a full time professional outfit, Malmo, who went on to win a league and cup double 2 seasons on the trot and eventually made the Champions league group stages

A Hibs side who were at the start of their season with a squad containing dross like James McPake, Michael Nelson and Rowan Vine against a side who were half way through their season at top of their league containing the likes of Mikael Albornoz who went to the World Cup that season and won Copa América and other internationals like Emil Forsberg, Markus Hasti and Tokelo Rantie

Hibs v Malmo is nowhere near being the worst result in Scottish football history

Cant say I’m too gutted for Killie fans, the arrogance shown towards the opposition was of a similar ilk to how England fans react at Euros and World Cups. Fuck them

😬

was just a joke about Toepoke being a jinx.

:lol: 

4 hours ago, teecee- said:

Killie fan on BBC Radio yesterday thinks 700 have booked flights and he reckons half of them will still make the journey.

Supporters bus also booked going from  Budapest to Belgrade.

Oh Dear.

I probably would have too if I hadn't pre-booked my holidays the same week...

42 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Supporters bus also booked going from  Budapest to Belgrade.

I probably would have too if I hadn't pre-booked my holidays the same week...

They could always stay in Budapest - no need to reach Belgrade where by all accounts they would embarassingly outnumber the Welsh support.

Edited by Catchart Circle
spelling error