Europa League 19/20 - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa League 19/20

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Not to mention about half a million quid down the spanker in terms of UEFA money and gate receipts next week.

An utter disaster! :(

I don’t feel they even have the mitigation or excuses of being caught cold etc. In some of the really bad defeats of the past there was that. (Red imps, Llanelli...) Motherwell lost 3-1 to Mypa at fir park then absolutely pumped them 2-0 over there.

Stjarnan we blew a 2 goal lead at fir park and drew both legs 2-2, but they went on to beat Lech Poznań, so were perhaps no mugs.(Stuart McCall had also mentally checked out of fir park and we were not properly prepared!)

Surely that is our worst ever result in European competition.

Yes, shocks happen ; but even last week Killie were incredibly fortunate to win in Rhyl. Connah's Quay are an absolute mob though, and surely Kilmarnock should be beating them.

Saying that, its been a fairly succesful run in Europe - 7 wins out 8 is a decent start (amazing to think that it was Killie with the easiest tie fucked it all up).

Their manager sounded an absolute David Brent too.

Far too early for the sack, but that's a horrendous start for their new boss. It'll be interesting to see if Killie are sitting on 3pts after 12pts or so and what may happen.

Well done the Dandies - seen the last 20 on 365 and whilst RoPs had their chances, Aberdeen fully deserved to go through. No idea about that Georgian team - but heard Richard Gordon saying they are 6th in the Georgian league (now their mid-season break) but that doesn't mean anything really. It'll be hot etc, but Mon Dons put in a performance and get moving on.

You'd think Rangers (revenge and all that) plus Celtic (Estonian side) should get through too.

Killie are in big trouble. This new manager struggles to speak English, at least to say anything meaningful. I can't understand how someone like that can get past an interview for this kind of job.

This result is a total embarrassment and just puts into context the depths that Scottish football has sunk to. Three of the starting eleven from the Cyprus game in these two ties, and other squad members too. 

1 hour ago, COLT NY said:

Killie are in big trouble. This new manager struggles to speak English, at least to say anything meaningful. I can't understand how someone like that can get past an interview for this kind of job.

This result is a total embarrassment and just puts into context the depths that Scottish football has sunk to. Three of the starting eleven from the Cyprus game in these two ties, and other squad members too. 

All very well blaming the manager but at that level players must take responsibility. They should be ashamed.

11 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

I feel for all the Killie fans that booked to go to Belgrade.

I have limited sympathy.

They chose to book flights on the incorrect assumption the tie was over and it wasn't.

Hard not to have some sympathy as a football fan but, let's be honest here, if it was England or Old Firm fans in the same circumstances we'd be laughing and calling them arrogant for taking the home game for granted.

They took a gamble and booked cheap flights - but the gamble failed.

Personally if it was all paid for I would still go but then I might not have taken that gamble.

Edited by Catchart Circle
spelling error

30 minutes ago, Marky said:

For me the likes of Progres and MyPa result are not even close to this.

By a country mile the most embarrassing result in Scottish football history. Domestic, European or International. 

As a victim of it I have to agree :(

21 hours ago, madoneone said:

Listening to the Killie manager on radio Scotland after the game sounds like the same nonesence that csaba spouted at tannadice, gone by xmas

Reminded me of Cathro. Although the Killie manager’s English was better. Hard result to come back from.

I don't know if it was shock or what, but his English didn't sound too great last night then again he was talking to Chic Young - so maybe we all end up speaking gibberish but I dunno, a bit worrying really if you are a Kilmarnock fan. 

Just really disappointing especially considering how good they were last season, and clinching 3rd on the last day in the style they did it to then end up not leaving these islands for their European tour. 

I do think though if Killie played CQN over 10 matches that Kilmarnock would surely win at least 6 of them, but that seriously is a poor return result last night and without sounding too arrogant, to lose to a team like that seriously makes me think how bad our game is, esp considering Killie have some good players. Full-time footballers going out to guys who according to their manager "half of them are up at 6am for work tomorrow." Just all a bit bizzare, how can someone like Taylor who has looked very decent in the limited games I've seen of him in that Scotland U20s Toulon team, Killie and his debut in June there and Dicker - player of the latter half of the season for me, end up being turned over by a team that needed penalties to beat Edinburgh City. 

I'd be raging though, not just the loss, but they've now got two weeks to wait for the season whilst everyone else has competitive games in the form of the cup of Europe. 

Edited by weekevie04

51 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

I don't know if it was shock or what, but his English didn't sound too great last night then again he was talking to Chic Young - so maybe we all end up speaking gibberish but I dunno, a bit worrying really if you are a Kilmarnock fan. 

Just really disappointing especially considering how good they were last season, and clinching 3rd on the last day in the style they did it to then end up not leaving these islands for their European tour. 

I do think though if Killie played CQN over 10 matches that Kilmarnock would surely win at least 6 of them, but that seriously is a poor return result last night and without sounding too arrogant, to lose to a team like that seriously makes me think how bad our game is, esp considering Killie have some good players. Full-time footballers going out to guys who according to their manager "half of them are up at 6am for work tomorrow." Just all a bit bizzare, how can someone like Taylor who has looked very decent in the limited games I've seen of him in that Scotland U20s Toulon team, Killie and his debut in June there and Dicker - player of the latter half of the season for me, end up being turned over by a team that needed penalties to beat Edinburgh City. 

I'd be raging though, not just the loss, but they've now got two weeks to wait for the season whilst everyone else has competitive games in the form of the cup of Europe. 

Sadly I think the key part of your post is that it really does highlight the poor standard of the Scottish game. It happened to be Killie, but let’s be honest, it could’ve been any team outside of the old firm.

Edited by Marky

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t feel they even have the mitigation or excuses of being caught cold etc. In some of the really bad defeats of the past there was that. (Red imps, Llanelli...) Motherwell lost 3-1 to Mypa at fir park then absolutely pumped them 2-0 over there.

Stjarnan we blew a 2 goal lead at fir park and drew both legs 2-2, but they went on to beat Lech Poznań, so were perhaps no mugs.(Stuart McCall had also mentally checked out of fir park and we were not properly prepared!)

Was reading that the Welsh league starts a couple of weeks AFTER ours too.

33 minutes ago, Marky said:

Sadly I think the key part of your post is that it really does highlight the poor standard of the Scottish game. It happened to be Killie, but let’s be honest, it could’ve been any team outside of the old firm.

There's no Old Firm now dc.gif but it did happen to Sevco.

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Utter horse shit

The old firm like the rest have had some shite results in Europe 

5 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

How can someone like Taylor who has looked very decent in the limited games I've seen of him in that Scotland U20s Toulon team, Killie and his debut in June there and Dicker - player of the latter half of the season for me, end up being turned over by a team that needed penalties to beat Edinburgh City. 

Because they're absolutely fucking gash

12 hours ago, Marky said:

For me the likes of Progres and MyPa result are not even close to this.

By a country mile the most embarrassing result in Scottish football history. Domestic, European or International. 

Spot on Marky, it’s definitely Killies Hammarby moment. ( at least Hammarby were a reasonable side )

edited to explain for non St Murn fans, we drew 3-3 away in Sweden, were 1-0 up at Love St with 2 minutes to go, a place in the last 16 of the UEFA Cup was in the bag. Then the worst 2 minutes of my footballing life as we conceded 2 late goals and got knocked out.

Edited by Jersey Jim